Chapter 11

A/N: Flashback in italics.

Lucas's POV

When I got home from work I walked in to see Maya just sitting on the couch with tears streaming down her cheeks. I ran over to her and cradled her in my arms.

"What's going on Maya?"
"The Matthews know about Josh.." More tears streamed down her face.
"Did Riley tell them?"
"Yeah, she didn't have a choice and I respect her decision on telling them. I should have told them back when it happened.." She buried her face in my chest.
"Maya, that's not an easy thing to just come out and say, I mean of all the people you could have went to that night, you came to me, I don't know why, but I'm glad you did. After spending time with you a few days after the break up, I don't know if it was the emotions, but you did say something else happened. So I knew it wasn't good."
"Did you?" She looked up at me in question.
"Well, yeah, I mean you were really vague and really shook up that night. I wasn't going to press the issue though. I just wanted you to be smiling, that's all I ever wanted for you. Was for you to be happy and to have a reason to smile."
"I love you, Lucas. I don't know what brought you to me, but I'm glad you're here with me."
"For one those beautiful ocean blue eyes of yours, your personality, your smile, your laugh, and your beyond beautiful blonde hair. My blonde beauty." I smiled at her.
"I haven't heard that nickname in a while."
"You've always been my blonde beauty since the day I met you." I kissed her on the forehead.

Maya's POV

I repositioned myself so I was at eye level with Lucas.   Our noses were almost touching. I could feel his warm breath on my lips and within that moment our lips crashed. When he pulled away and smiled at him.
"Thank you, Lucas."
"For what?"
"For being the only person to keep your promise on not leaving. If it wasn't for you, I would have lost hope when I lost Riley." I looked down.
"You haven't lost her Maya, she just needs time understanding the situation, she misses you, she proved that in class after it happened."
"I shouldn't be the one to make the first move and I also still need time, I needed her and she wasn't there. I get that she's been there through everything else and I appreciate that, but this is really big and important." Lucas took the strand of hair in my face and tucked it behind my ear.
"I understand Maya. Take all the time you need."
"I think I'm going to go lay down, it's been a long and exhausting day and I'm sure you want to shower and everything before you head to bed." I smiled at him.
"That's fine. I'll join you when I finish cleaning up."

I gave him a quick peck on the lips and headed towards the bedroom. When I walked in I shut the door behind me and sat on the end of the bed reflecting everything that Matthews and I talked about.

-Flashback/Post Break Up With Josh-

All weekend I laid in bed crying over what happened with Josh and I. I knew he could violent sometimes, but I didn't think it could escalate like it did. Is this what I get for chasing someone that's three years older then me? I need company to keep my mind else where. Lucas is the only one that knows that Josh and I had a rough break up. I grabbed my phone and texted him.

M:hey huckleberry.
L:hey, how're you doing?
M:not much better.. Are you doing anything right now?
L: nothing at all, want company?
M:that would be nice and Lucas please don't tell Riley about this.
L:I wasn't planning on it, that's on you to tell her.
M: thanks. See you soon then?
L: sure thing :)

I never stopped liking Lucas. I stepped back again so Riley could be happy. It killed me, but her happiness is everything to me, but that choice seemed like such a waste now seeing that it didn't last too long. Him and Riley had a mutual break up a few weeks ago. In this situation Lucas is the best option to have over right now because he knew the night it happened and no one else knows yet.

L:front door or window?
M:window.

Seconds later I hear tapping at the window and I walked over and let him in. Once he was all the way in, I just hugged him crying silently into his chest.

"Maya, this is more then a break up." He looked at me.
"It is. You're right, something awful did happen, but I'm not ready to talk about that just yet, I hope you understand. It's not that I don't trust you because I do, I just need time to process what just happened." I began crying again.
"Maya don't cry, come here." He grabbed my hand and guided me to my bed and we laid down and we just laid there and he had his arm over me making me feel safe.

I turned to face him and he was grinning from ear to ear.

"What's with the face huckleberry?" I smirked at him.
"Oh nothing. Just happy that I'm the one you wanted here." He smiled at me.
"You're my best friend, of course I want you here."
"Even after everything that happened this past year?" He looked kinda guilty.
"That was my fault and I'm sorry, I should have never put you in the position of picking between Riley and I."
"You can't control what you feel, Maya, that's showing you that you're human and that you had feelings."
"Feelings that I should of not had for Josh." A tear escaped my eye.
"You're safe Maya. I promise."

He leaned forward and kissed my forehead. This was different. Was this him just comforting me?

All of the sudden there was knocking at my door.

"Oh my gosh, hurry get in my closet." I whispered to him.
"Just a minute!" I yelled towards the door.

When I opened the door, Shawn was standing there.

"Hey kiddo, are you hungry, you've been cooped up in your room since Friday." Shawn smiled at me.
"No, I'm okay. Just need some alone time."
"Okay, well, let me know if you need anything."
"Will do Shawn." I closed the door and Lucas came out of the closet.

"Sorry I didn't want to explain why you came through the window and not the front door and also explain why you were in my bed." I chuckled.
"It's okay, Maya. That would have been a weird situation to explain."

-End Flashback-

Lucas has always been there for me. There one of my favorite memories of us, even though I was going through a break up he was there. I should have seen it then. There's no one better for me then him.