Chapter 31

A/N: let me know if you guys are still enjoying the story. Part one hit 6k views today, that literally makes me so happy! I love you guys ❤️

Maya's POV

-15 Weeks-

Lucas and I found out last week what the gender of our baby was and we couldn't be more excited for our gender reveal party today after school with our friends and family. Everything with the pregnancy was going to well and smoothly might I add. I always like it when we sit across the lunch table from each other because then I can look at his beautiful green eyes from afar. Sometimes when I sit here and just look at him, it really makes me appreciate everything that he's given me. He caught me staring for once and me smiled at me. I felt my cheeks go warm, and I smiled back. Even though we've been together for a while, it still feels like the first smile he's ever given me.

"Maya!" I heard someone distinctly calling out my name, it was Riley who has been talking to me this whole time and I tuned her out to stare at Lucas.

"What Riles?" I finally broke my focus and looked at her.

"I asked if you were excited for today?" She replied and had one of those big Riley smiles on her face which made me chuckle.

"Of course I am because I get to tell everyone I love today." I responded while looking down at my tiny baby bump that's hidden under my sweatshirt.

"Why are you being all gaga over Lucas like its the first time you've seen him? That's like something I would do to Farkle. Not you." I just stared at her for a moment and started laughing.

"I think it's just the pregnancy hormones. I mean how could you not stare at him?" My eyes flashed to Lucas then flickered back to Riley as I arched my eyebrow at her.

"Gosh Maya, how long has it been since you and Lucas have done anything intimate?" Sadly I actually had to think about this question for a moment.

"I'm guessing the night that this one was conceived." I whispered back to her.

"You two need to have a night to yourselves after the party, don't worry about all of us, just spend time together, you guys obviously need it between work and school, if you don't the hormones will probably get worse." I shot a glare at her.

"Can we stop this conversation? I love you Riles, but that part of mine and Lucas' relationship is between us. Unless I bring it up otherwise." I replied with a sharp tone in my voice.

"I get it, of course." She answered with a smile.

•••

Lucas and I hurried over to the Matthews right after school because they insisted that we have the party on the roof of their apartment and little did they know that it went prefect with how Lucas and I decided to reveal the gender. When we got there Shawn had all the tables and decorations set up to surprise us and it looked beautiful. It was literally the most precious thing I have ever set my eyes on.

"Shawn! It's beautiful! I can't believe you did this!" I exclaimed and gave him a big hug.

"Anything for you kiddo!" He responded.

"This is seriously perfect." Lucas chimed in.

"Are you guys excited to tell everyone?" Shawn asked us both.

"Yeah, we're very excited! It's been hard keeping it a secret this long!" I love how patient they have all been in finding out the gender.

"Have you guys went through possible names yet?" Shawn asked.

"There's so many, it's find of overwhelming, but were still discussing it, we're just trying to find something that fits us." I smiled at Shawn.

"I know you'll find a perfect one kiddo." He gave me a hug before going back downstairs to bring more supplies up.

"Lucas, isn't this perfect." I said walking over to him to give him a hug.

"It's just as perfect as you." I looked up at him after he said that.

"Loser." I giggled. He kissed my forehead.

As he was about to go help Shawn I grabbed his hand and pulled him back to me so we were nose to nose and I stood on my tippy toes and our lips collided. I could feel him smiling behind the kiss as pulled me closer into him as he deepened our kiss. We slightly pulled apart both smiling.

"Wow, Lucas." I was starstruck  by that kiss.

"Yeah, things have been so crazy busy lately and I know that we haven't had much time to ourselves, but tonight will be about just you and me." He pointed at me then himself as he said that.

•••

"First off Maya and myself would like to thank you all for being as supportive as you all have, it really means the world to us, especially her. This wasn't something we planned to happen, but were grateful that it did." I just looked at Lucas in awe.  "Maya and I went over so many ideas of how to tell you guys the gender because we want to be creative about it, we had six ideas laid out of the table and only one of those ideas stuck out to us." Lucas pulled out a baggie out of his pocket to show them.

"Inside this baggie is the answer." I chimed in.

We both turned around and Lucas opened it and poured it in both of our hands and turned back around to face everyone who was waiting with anticipation to find out the gender.

"Well, guys.. It's a-" Lucas and I through the blue sparkly dust into the air. "Boy!" We both said in unison.

Lucas and I completely forgot about everyone staring at us and we went in for a kiss.

"Awww you guys are so cute." Riley walked up to us giving me a hug.

"Thanks Riles, I wouldn't have made it this far without your support, I love you." I held on to her hand tightly.

"Maya I should have known you would think of a very creative way to tell us, I can't even express how proud of how far you come. You will be a wonderful mother." Mrs Matthews smiled at me with so much love in her eyes, she's always been here for me no matter the situation.

"The kid will probably also have her attitude too." Shawn chuckled joining in on the conversation.

"Cory are you going to say anything?" Mrs Matthews started in on her husband.

"Maya, I've gotten the opportunity to watch you grow into the person you are today and no matter how young you are still, this experience has really brought out something good in you, I'm so proud of you." Mr Matthews stated and I could feel tears in my eyes as I walked over to him giving him a hug.

"Thank you Matthews, I'll always have so much to learn from you."