Chapter 35

A/N: This chapter is the start of this story arc and the start of everything. A lot of things will be happening from here to the next 14-15 chapters. I'm really excited to see your guys' responses to UP coming chapters, again I apologize for such a long delay in updates, I legitimately felt bad reading some of your comments that you didn't remember the previous chapter. So once again I'm so sorry. I'll be updating more though because i have a plot that will take us to the end of this fic.

Maya's POV

Mrs Matthews and Riley helped me load everything into my car from the baby shower to take home. I decided to hang around for a little bit to hang out with Riley one on one since it's been a while since we've had days like this where we could do this. The last time I sat in the bay window without drama following to far behind was when I told Lucas I was pregnant. I thought for sure he would leave, but he didn't. He took it much better then I ever thought he would. Riley was staring pretty hard at her phone, I'm assuming she was talking to Farkle.

"Riles?"

"Yes peaches?" She said while she looked up at me and smiled.

"Do you think I'll be a good mom?" I asked while staring at the floor.

"Maya, we've been over this, of course I do. You're the best person in the world and this baby is so lucky to have you as a mom, you and Lucas are gonna do amazing." She reassured me.

"With the due date getting closer, I'm getting more and not nervous and scared." I admitted. "I hope my mom would be proud of me."

"There's no reason to be scared Maya, and of course she would be, everyone here loves you and we'll always be here for you to help." She replied.

"It's still strange to think that I'm still technically a kid and I'm having a baby."

"Maya, you grew up a long time ago because you didn't have a choice. This was just another obstacle that I know you can conquer. I admire everything you have been able to do the past year." She explained to me and she's right, I have accomplished a lot..

"Thanks Riles, you always know how to make me feel better. I love you."

"And I love you." She replied and gave me a hug.

"I should probably get home to Lucas before he starts worrying about where I'm at."

"That's okay, it's been a long day anyways and I'm wiped and I'm sure you are too." She replied.

"That depends on if this little guy lets me sleep tonight."

I gave Riley one last hug and I went and said goodbye to the Matthews and thanked them for everything that they did for me today. I headed out of the apartment and got in my car and drove home, when I got home I texted Lucas to come outside to help me unload everything because I couldn't carry the heavy stuff up the stairs and apart from the fact we have diapers to last us a year at least. It didn't take him long to come down. I got out of the car and gave him a hug.

"How was the party?" He asked.

"It was good, got a lot of stuff from everyone." I replied.

"Yeah the guys got us a few things too."

"Please don't tell me it was diapers because I think we have enough to last us a year at least." I replied.

"A little bit, but they got us other stuff too." He said. "I was actually about to call you because I was starting to get worried that you weren't home yet."

"Yeah I stayed for a little bit after to hang out with Riley." I replied.

"Well, lets get everything upstairs."

It took us maybe 15 minutes to get everything unloaded and put into the babies nursery. Farkle got me a rocking chair and some teething rings for when his teeth start to come in. Zay got diapers and a pack n play. After we got everything situated in the room, I took a shower and got into my pajamas. Lucas was watching tv in the living room so I went in the bedroom looking through the baby name book so see if I could find anything I liked. I didn't even noticed Lucas come in the bedroom until he was next to me.

"What are you doing?" He asked.

"Looking at baby names. We can't have a nameless baby you know." I said sarcastically.

"Isn't that something we should do together?" He asked again, which kind of annoyed me since I was just browsing through the book, it's not like I was picking a name right here, right now.

"Obviously Lucas, I was just browsing through it, it's not like I was going to pick one without you. It is your kid too." I replied.

"I have a couple names in mind?" He said.

"What would that be?"

"I've always like the name Kristopher." He replied.

"Nah, it's too basic, I want something unique." I responded.

"How about Ryan?" He asked.

"Again, that's a basic name." I replied with an annoyed tone.

"Alright.. what about David?" He asked.

"You're joking right?" I said as I closed the book.

"Why won't you consider any of the names I offered?"

"Because I don't like them?" I said in a duh tone of voice.

"Were never going to pick out a name if we can't mutually decide on a name Maya." He replied.

"You don't think I know that?"

"This isn't the first time you wouldn't even give a name I offered a second thought." He said bluntly.

"I'm not arguing with you tonight Lucas. Goodnight." I said as I sat the book on the end table and shut off the lights to go to sleep.

Normally Lucas doesn't annoy me, but this whole conversation over name got on my every last nerve.