Chapter 47

Lucas's POV

Maya and I unloaded my truck and got everything upstairs. I've missed her so much. I was an idiot for leaving and I know that. I'm just glad she gave me another chance because I honestly don't know where I would be without her, she's my everything. I was watching her draw while sitting on the couch and she seemed at peace with everything. All her fears were gone. I never want to be the reason that she cries again. She means too much. I walked over and sat down next to her on the couch.

"Hey come here for a second." I said to her and she sat down her notepad and pencil and slid on to my lap and put her arms around my neck.

"What's up huckleberry?" She said with a smile that I swear was ear to ear.

"I've missed you so much. I hated being away from you. I missed being near you like this, your touch, the taste of your lips on mine. I never want to be the reason you cry again. I love you Maya." I replied and she leaned forward and kissed me, it wasn't like any other kiss though, this one was different. It had much desire behind it. Like it was something she longed for. She moaned in my mouth a little as things got a little heated and we pulled away. "I want to take you on a date tomorrow." I told her.

"I would love that Lucas." She responded.

"Make sure you dress nice because it's going to be a nice date not just a casual one. I want to make all the pain I caused you up to you." I explained to her.

"Lucas I said it was fine, things happen." She replied.

"No Maya, it's not fine. I shouldn't have done that. I shouldn't have ran when things were getting tough and for that I'm sorry. I know dinner won't make up for what I did, but hopefully it'll be a start." I told her so she would understand how awful I truly felt over this.

"If that's what you want to do, then that's what we'll do." She replied with that cute smile she's always had. "I also want to apologize for my behavior lately. I was out of line to throw all my anger out on you. It wasn't right. I would have left me too. Mrs Matthews is the one who put everything together and set me straight. She offered to be in the delivery room when he's born."

"I'm so glad that she figured it out and was able to be there for you. None of us could figure out what was wrong for the life of us and we were so worried about you. I just wanted you to be happy and that's all I ever wanted for you." I replied to her explanation.

"Never think that you don't make me happy Lucas. You make me the happiest girl in the world and I wouldn't trade that feeling for anything. You do everything right in my eyes, I promise. I love you so much sometimes I can't think straight." She responded.

"You'll never have to worry about me leaving again. No matter what. I promise you my life and I'll keep that promise forever and I love you too." I said as I smiled at her. "How about we head to bed so we can get a full nights rest before tomorrow?"

"Sounds like a plan to me, I'm rather exhausted." She replied.

Maya's POV

-Next Afternoon-

Lucas went out to with Farkle so I had Riley come over to help me pick out an outfit to wear to mine and Lucas' date tonight. It felt like our first date all over again. I was going through all the nice maternity dresses Lucas had bought me months ago.