Chapter 37

Maya's POV

Since Lucas and I just got out of school his mom wanted us to stop over because she wanted to give us a few things from when Lucas was a baby, which I thought was really sweet. I met up with him at his locker so we could go from there.

"Hey are you ready to go?" I asked him while giving him a soft kiss on the lips. Matthews wasn't anywhere in sight so I figured I could get away with it.

"Yeah, I wonder what my mom has for us." He replied while taking my hand as we walked through the halls and made our way to the entrance of the school to Lucas's truck.

"Well, I'd imagine more things for the baby, just a guess." I said sarcastically which made him chuckle a little bit.

"Okay smartass I know this, but I'm wondering what it is." He replied while turning me around at truck and pinned me against it which made my hormones course through my veins. "You know Maya, you keep up these comments I may have to teach you a lesson or two." He whispered that sent chills down my spine.

"What on earth could YOU possibly have to 'teach' me when most of the time it's me who has the upper hand on you." I smirked at him.

"Not this time baby." He leaned in and gave me the most heated kiss ever that literally made me weak at my knees. He trailed his kisses to my neck to find my sweet spot.

"Lucas I don't think this is appropriate to be doing in front of the school when Matthews could walk out any second." I said a tad bit breathless.

"Like I care. You're clearly into it."

"That may be true, but your mom is still waiting for us." I stated and it made him stop.

"Wow what a boner killed mentioning my mom while trying to seduce you." He said with a chuckle. "Lets go." As he kissed my forehead and opened the door of the truck to let me in. He's always such a gentlemen, in most cases.

He held my hand the entire drive over to his mom's. It was little moments like these that made me feel lucky to be with him because he can be so sweet at times. When we pulled in the  driveway, he turned off the truck and looked at me with his lust filled eyes that he had back at school.

"Not happening Huckleberry. I know that look." I said to him as he placed his hand on my thigh which caused my breath to hitch.

"Are you sure? You're reactions tell me otherwise."

"Yes, I'm sure. It would be a different story if we were at home, but we're not. We're sitting in front of your moms house." I explained to him and he leaned in and gave me a kiss on the cheek and got out of the truck and came around to open the door for me to help me out. We walked hand in hand up to his moms door and walked in.

"Hi Maya, hi Lucas!" His mom said excitedly. She doesn't get to see us as often as she would like to so having us over was a big deal for her.

"Hi mom." Lucas replied to her as she gave him then me a hug.

"Maya how've you been feeling? I meant to ask you yesterday, but you seemed to overwhelmed by everything at the party I wanted to wait." She asked me.

"I've been feeling pretty good, the kid is always on my bladder though, so I have to pee all the time now." I said as I chuckled which made her laugh too.

"Yeah I remember when I was pregnant with Lucas and the last few months was the worst because I had to pee like a racehorse all the time, it was never ending." She replied which gave me the ammunition to troll him a little.

"See what you do to people Huckleberry..." I said sarcastically which made him slightly glare at me because I called him by his nickname in front of his mother.

"You two are too cute." His mom said while laughing. "I'll be right back, I'm going to go get the things for you guys." She said as she got up to leave the room.

"Watch yourself pancakes, you're gonna regret that later." He smirked at me.

"When have I ever watched myself? Who even are you? Do you even know me?" I said with a laugh.

His mom came back in with a box that had Lucas' old stuffed animals, some old onesies that she still had, little hats and socks that were absolutely adorable. I noticed she had a photo album in her hand.

"What do you have there?" I asked her knowing she knew I could see it.

"It's Lucas's old baby album, would you like to see it?" She asked me and I could never turn down a moment to see Lucas as a child.

"Of course! I wouldn't ever turn down a moment to see Lucas as a baby." I replied as she handed me the album of pictures.

I began to browse through it laughing at some of the cute pictures of him as a baby. He never lost his dazzling smile and gorgeous green eyes.  He was really tiny as a baby too.

"Look how cute you were Lucas, what happened?" I asked him jokingly and his mom started laughing.

"Lots of things happened." He smirked at me.

I ignored his comment because my response wouldn't have been appropriate to say in front of his mother, bless her heart. I continued to look through the book when I came across this lady that looked similar to his mom holding Lucas in the hospital room after he was born.

"Is this your grandma?" I asked him

"Yes it is." He replied.

"That was one of my favorite moments when he was born was when my mom held him shortly after delivery. She was so excited to be a grandma and had to be the first one to hold him after mom and dad of course." She explained to me and it made me tear up a little bit, but I hid it pretty well.

"That's so cute. He looks so precious in the picture with her and so tiny." I replied which made his mom smile.

"She was there from the moment I went into labor until hours after he was born, she didn't want to miss a moment of him, if you ask me she spoiled him rotten as he was growing up." She said with a chuckle and Lucas laughed a little too.

"Well, I still turned out decent, did I not?" He replied.

"You sure did, I couldn't be more proud of you. You as well Maya. You have grown into such a mature young woman since you found out about the baby. If it were me I wouldn't have known what to do at 17." She said and the mention of my age for the second time today left a sting on me.

"Well, I have an amazing support system and my second family who always points me in the right direction. If it wasn't for them I wouldn't be where I am today." I explained myself to her knowing I didn't need to, but I always felt it was necessary.

We all had dinner and she pulled out old videos of Lucas as a baby that we ended up watching and laughing over. His mom is so sweet, I really loved her. I wish we got to spend time with her more often, but at times life gets in the way. Work, school and being pregnant is not easy to juggle at once, but I have to do it to survive. When we watched the video from after he was born it took everything I had in me not to burst out crying seeing his entire family in the hospital room happy and everything in between. I wish my family could have been that close, but we were broken without a choice and that's how it always was for us. The Matthews are what picked up those pieces for me and made me feel like I was important for the first time in my life and I loved them like they were my own flesh and blood.