Chapter 36

Maya's POV

As if school wasn't already bad with people staring at me all the time because I'm clearly showing so much more now, but this kid doesn't know how to lay off my bladder during school. I started to squirm a little bit in my seat, I only have 5 minutes left until lunch, I can last until then. Riley has been like an over protective body guard these days. She usually escorts me to and from the bathroom everyday before lunch. I love her to death, but with my hormones in high gear, it gets annoying at times because I like my space at times so I don't flip out on people, which Lucas is starting to notice finally. When the bell rang I walked as fast as I could to the bathroom with Riley trailing not too far behind me. I went into the stall to go pee.

"Oh my god." I let out in a sigh of relief.

"Everything okay Maya?" She asked.

"Yes, I'm fine. It was one of those most relieving pees ever." I said as I laughed and I could hear her giggling a little too as I walked out to wash my hands.

"Riles?"

"Yes?"

"I miss my mom." I finally said.

"Awh, I know you do peaches, she would be so proud of the person you're becoming." She reassured me.

"I always thought she would be around for high school. Prom. Graduation. I feel like I'm going through all this alone without actual family around." I explained to her.

"You have us and Lucas, we are all so proud of you. Here in a few months you'll have a new family and that's amazing." She replied.

"Yeah, I guess you're right."

"Your mom would want you to be happy, she wouldn't want you upset like this." She replied.

"I know that, I've just been catching myself thinking about when she was alive lately and how full of life she was and how that's how she would want me to be too. I wish he would have gotten then chance to meet his grandma." I said as I put my hand on my stomach.

"I know it's hard, but this baby is already loved by so many people. My mom and dad are always by your side, remember that. They love you so much and want what's best for you, the baby and Lucas." She explained to me.

"Speaking of Lucas, him and I got in a weird argument last night." I said to change the subject.

"What do you mean?"

"Well, after I came home from your place and we unloaded everything, I went and took a shower, laid down in bed and started looking at the baby names book to see if I could find something appealing to me as a possibility as a name for him and when he came in he was literally upset with the fact that I was 'doing it without him' when all I was doing was just browsing through it." I explained the situation to her.

"It's important to him too Maya. He probably just wants to feel involved with the process, you know?" She said.

"Don't you think he was already involved when he planted his seed in me?" I said sarcastically.

"You know, your sense of humor gets more and more sarcastic as this pregnancy goes on." She said with a laugh.

"Yeah,  blame the hormones to be honest with you."

"You ready to go join the guys?" She asked.

"Yeah, give me a couple minutes and I'll be out in a second to join you guys. Okay?"

"Okay." She said as she walked out of the bathroom.

I looked at my reflection in the mirror and every thought I was visualizing in my head was thoughts from 7th grade to where I am now. I never thought I would be 17 and pregnant. Sometimes I still think it's a dream, but in reality I know it isn't. I thought back to when we all went to Texas in 8th grade. That campfire has always signified mine and Lucas' love for each other. I couldn't help but smile at that because it's also brought me to where I am now, hopelessly in love with him. I was snapped out of my day dream when I heard a stall door open, it was Missy. I'm praying she didn't hear all of mine and Riley's conversation.

"Hart." She said with a smirk.

"Missy." I replied with a scowl because I honestly can't stand her.

"Must suck to not have your mom around during this time." She said still not looking my direction.

"Excuse me?"

"Your mom being dead? I couldn't imagine how disappointed she probably would be seeing her 17 year old knocked up in her junior year of high school." She replied, it was in this moment that I wish I could deck her in the face again like I did before I got pregnant.

"You don't know a thing personally about my life besides what you've heard. You don't know me and you don't know my mother and it's probably best you keep my mom out of your filthy whore mouth." I snarled at her.

"Wow, someone is testy today. Watch out Maya, don't let those baby hormones go to your head before you start labeling people with things they aren't." She responded.

"Pretty sure you tried kissing my boyfriend, thanks for trying though."

"If you didn't have him so whipped around your pretty little finger, I could of had him." She said getting pretty close to me.

"He isn't whipped. He just knows how to be in a relationship, which clearly you've never been in a stable one before if you think going around and trying to kiss other girls boyfriends are okay, it's not a cute look on you. You should really learn to love yourself before trying that again. Just a thought." I said while making myself quite clear to her.

I didn't want to keep this conversation going any longer then I needed it to. With that I walked away from her and went and joined everyone in the cafeteria with the thoughts of what she said about my mom lingering in the back of my head.