Chapter 44

A/N: Hey guys sorry for the delayed chapter! I've been going through some things, you know life gets in the way sometimes. I hope you understand. I've been carefully planning out this chapter. This chapter will be the resolution to why Maya is acting the way she is and I'm sure you'll have an understanding once you know and realize what she's doing is not annoying or out of character. It's very common for a teen that's pregnant to go through this if they were in Maya's shoes. Enjoy.

Riley's POV

I drove over to Maya's as fast as I could. Knowing Maya she was a complete mess right now. When I pulled up to her apartment complex I could see her apartment lights were on and her car was here so that's a good sign. I ran up the stairs and started pounding on the door. When she opened the door she looked nothing short of a mess. Looked like she hasn't slept in days, hair in a messy bun, tear stained cheeks and her eyes were puffy red.

"Oh peaches.." I said and gave her a hug which she gave into.

"Thanks Riles.. wanna come in?" She offered. She let me in and we went and sat on the couch.

"Do you want to talk?" I asked showing my sympathy for her.

"I'm gathering you already know since you're here this late which means Riley Matthews actually snuck out. I'm impressed." She said in a sarcastic tone.

"Yes I do know, he came and talked to me about it." I replied which caused her to look at me.

"Why?" She asked with a confused expression on her face.

"Why what?"

"Why would he come talk to you about our relationship problems?" She asked once again.

"I don't know. I didn't know what he wanted when he said he was stopping by. In my defense I basically told him it was stupid to leave you." I explained to her.

"It's clear that he never loved me, he would have been gone a long time ago if it wasn't for this." She said addressing her pregnancy.

"That's not true. He loves you more then anything Maya.. can't you see that?" I replied trying to help her realize that.

"He left me Riles. When he promised he never would. Just like my mom promised and Shawn as well, yes he came back, but he should have never left me. Lucas was the one person I trusted to never leave me and he did. What's that say about him?" She explained.

"Maya.. peaches I love you, but you're line of thinking is so out of whack. I just spoke with him tonight and he even told me he loves you more then anything, he just doesn't know what to do because he feels like he can't do anything right in your eyes." I explained further to her.

"That's not true though. He does everything right. He's been so patient with me lately and today was a complete snap. I feel broken all over again Riley. How am I going to do this on my own without him?" She asked starting to well up in tears again.

"Maya you have so many people here that love you and that want to help you. Lucas is going to be involved too." I replied trying to reassure her that things would be okay.

"You know what Riley, this is really no ones business, but mine and Lucas's. I shouldn't even be talking about it." She responded.