Chapter 15

A/N: We have three surprises in this chapter. Enjoy!

Maya's POV

-After School at Home-

"Ranger Rick?" I said from the living room.
"Yeah Maya?" He yelled from the bedroom.
"Can you come out here for a minute, I need to talk to you about something." I sat on the couch mind waiting for him.
"What's up Maya?" He came and sat next to me.
"There was something about the appointment that I wanted to tell you about, but I didn't want to tell you at school." I looked at him.
"What's going on?" Uh oh this backfired he thinks something is wrong.
"Oh nothing, I'm just actually two months pregnant." I looked at my hand then looked back at him nonchalantly.
"Wow, just wow. That's great!" He was smiling from ear to ear.

Before he knew it Maya grabbed his face and planted a big kiss on him that quickly escalated. Lucas pulled back momentarily for air.
"Maya.. I have to go to work as much as I would love to continue this.." He looked really disappointed he had to stop it.
"It's fine Lucas, I need to take an hour nap before work anyways, we'll continue this later, have a good night at work, I love you." I smiled at him and he stood up and brought me in for a big hug.

I always loved how warm Lucas' hugs are, they're the ones that always makes me feel protected and like nothing can hurt me. He gave me one last heated kiss before he left and I went in the bedroom to take a nap before I head into work myself.

Lucas's POV

-break time at work/basketball in the alley behind Lucas's work-

"Hey Friar." Oh great it's Billy.
"What's up Billy." I said coldly.
"When are you coming back?" What the heck does he mean by that.
"Excuse me?" I had no other words to be completely honest.
"Are you still hanging around broken girl or what?" He snapped at me. His comment lit a fire in me.

I walked straight up to him and pressed against the wall with my hand around this neck.

"Would you like to come again Billy? Because I know, you just didn't call my girlfriend a "broken girl" you know nothing about her. Our relationship is none of your business so I suggest you back down now." I glared right at him.
"Or what?" He smiled at me.
"You know what, don't be stupid." I pressed him up the wall even harder now with my arm.
"Friar you don't scare me. Everyone knows Maya Hart is broken and she always will be and nothing with ever be-" he could have continued, but I interrupted him by punching him hard in the face.

He got back up and came at me and missed horribly. I threw another punch and he was on the ground with a bloody nose.

"You see Billy, I warned you to stop talking about Maya that way and you didn't listen. I would protect her if my life depended on it. Like I said before in the end you're going to be the one who ends up on the floor and I'm going to be the one who walks away."

Billy just stares at me because he's smart enough to at least understand that we both know how this could have ended and it was best to leave it be.

Riley's POV

I'm really happy Maya and I are moving past our problems and now I have one more more problem to face, Farkle.

*knock knock*

I look at my window.

"Farkle?" That was weird.

"Hey Riley." He said climbing through the window.

"I'm sorry." They both say in unison.

"Farkle why are you sorry? You didn't do anything."

"Because I didn't stand by your side."

"It's okay, because it made me realize that I'm really happy for Maya." I smiled.

"She told me you guys talked." He smiled at me.

"Did she?" I questioned him.

"Yeah I saw her in the hall before she came to lunch and we talked for a bit."

"Oh that's good." I felt genuinely happy that she's still speaking to Farkle.

"She didn't seem herself though until the end of the conversation." He seemed concerned.

"How so?"

"When I saw her she had her head leaned up against her locker with her eyes closed"

"Well, Farkle, this pregnancy thing is new to her she's probably just experiencing unexpected tiredness." Jeez for a kid that's a genius.

"I'm probably just overthinking it."

Riley couldn't handle it anymore and just kissed Farkle. His cheeks turned flush red.

"What was that for?" He was still all red, it was adorable.

"Nothing, I just missed you."
"I missed you too Riley."
"Let's never fight again. It just doesn't feel right, I like always having you here or having you near me." I felt a new wave of confidence.

"I don't ever plan on it, I care about you more then you can begin to describe. Lucas is my best guy friend so I had to be there for him so I hope you understand why I had to do what I did." He was holding my hands.

"Of course I understand. Your honesty actually helped me a lot. Farkle... I love you, I always have, I don't know what's going on, but I needed to tell you why this confidence is still there." I looked straight in his eyes, there was no turning back now.
"I love you, too, Riley."