Chapter 23

A/N: Enjoy the chapter :)

Maya's POV

I decided to go to school separate from Lucas today because I needed to talk to Riley before school. Still not pregnant enough so stop me from climbing the fire escape to Riley's window, which was unlocked like it always is. I think she had a feeling I would be stopping by. I quietly slid the window open and climbed into the bay window and closed it. Riley was out cold, it is 6am though. I walked over and sat next to her and softly shook her so I didn't scare her.

"Riles?" Her eyes fluttered open and I smiled at her.

"Peaches? What time is it?" She started sleepily rubbing her eyes.

"6am" I said with a sense of sarcasm in my voice.

"Why are you up so early?" She seemed stunned I was up and functioning this early in the morning.

"Because you and I need to talk." I walked over and sat at the bay window and gestured for her to come sit with me.

"What's going on?" She grabs my hand and I look up at her and smile.

"I showed Lucas my art room last night." I said before I bit my lip.

"You've never shown anyone that room." I'm not sure she really understands yet.

"I know, I made a choice, I want to turn it into a nursery for the baby and I wanted to show him before it gets cleaned out." I smiled at her and she smiled back because we both know I'm letting go of all my hurt and anger.

"What did Lucas have to say about it?" I was actually wondering the same thing.

"Funny story. So, I forgot to let Shawn know that everything was okay and he came over last night pissed ready to kill Lucas and I had Lucas stay in the room until I talked to Shawn about everything and he was in there for god only knows how long, so I'm sure there's things he learned in there that he didn't know before. Im just waiting for him to process whatever he found out and then ask me." I squeezed Riley's hand a little tighter.

"He's not going anywhere, Maya." She smiled her Riley smile at me that I haven't seen in such a long time and it honestly warms my heart to see it again.

"I know." I smiled. "Thank you for everything yesterday, Riles."

"Of course. I would do anything for you, Maya."

-Free Period at School-

Yesterday kept playing on replay in my head. I don't get why someone would go through so much trouble just to get Lucas and I fighting.

"Maya? Hello?" Riley was waving her hands in my face while we stood at our lockers.

"What?" I finally looked at her.

"What's going on? Are you okay?" Riley put her hand on my arm.

"Yeah, I'm fine, I just spaced out just thinking about yesterday." I placed my hand on hers and smiled at her.

"I'm just making sure, you seemed not all there, like you were going to faint or something." She was only concerned or believe me, I would have told her to stop asking questions long ago.

"Nope, I'm good. Riles have you seen Lucas today?" She seemed a little hesitant at first and pointed down towards his locker where his back was to us because he was talking to Farkle.

"I'll be right back, Riles." She nodded and then smiled at me.

I walked over to Lucas and Farkle and I cleared my throat from behind him.

"Hey cowboy." He turns around and smiles at me.

When he turned completely around, I noticed something that absolutely terrified me.

"Oh my god. Lucas are you okay?" We spend some hours apart this morning and this happens.