Chapter 14

A/N: we're now back to semi long chapters. Hope you're enjoying the story, leave feedback, I like hearing your guys' thoughts!

Maya's POV

Lucas and I agreed that until things become more apparent about the pregnancy that we went to school and I went to the appointments on my own, it's not that I don't want him there because I do, he's my rock, but nobody knows but our little group of friends and family. Right now I'm just trying to keep the attention off of us before people start talking. He didn't miss much anyway just them checking to make sure myself and everything with the baby is healthy and it is, thank god. I was kinda worried that things might be rough due to the stress since the day I found out. When I got to school and walked in the office and got my late pass, I continued to my locker to get my things for the next few classes.

"Hey." I heard a familiar voice from behind me. I smiled to myself before responding.
"Shouldn't you be in class huckleberry?" I was still facing my locker.
"I saw you walk by and asked Mr Matthews if I could be excused." I turned around and leaned against my locker.
"Everything's fine, I'm healthy and so is the baby." I smiled.
"That's great." His smile was beaming at me.
"As much as I would love to stand out here and talk to you Ranger Rick, I need to get homework done that neglected to do yesterday." I forgot that I didn't tell him about Riley coming over.
"What do you mean? You had the night off?" He was confused.
"Shawn came over to talk to me and see how I was doing and we got talking about Riley and he ended up having her come over so we could talk, I'll fill you in later, but I really need to get this done so I don't fail." I feel bad for being a little snappy with him, but I need to get this done.
"Okay, I'll be in class in a few." He kissed my forehead and walked towards the bathroom.

I walked in the class room and the first person to look up at me was Riley. She smiled at me and I smiled back to remind her I'm still here and I just need time to figure everything out. I walked over to Matthews the note and I attached a sticky note telling him everything was fine with the appointment and he just smiled and I went off to my seat and started doing the remaining portion of my homework. A few minutes later Lucas walked back on and placed his seat behind me. I felt him discreetly rub his finger on my arm from the corner of his desk. See this is why I can't concentrate at times because he's so distracting! Distracting in a good way though. He's so supportive and little things like that was Lucas's way of showing me that. I got my last part of homework done as the bell rang. Lucas and I held hands and walked out in the hallway.

"See you at lunch cowboy?" I smirked at him.
"Back to the everyday nicknames are we?" He chuckled.
"I've realized that these mood swings have been shadowing the real Maya and the real Maya never lets a Huckleberry get by without being teased on a daily basis." I grinned.
"Two can play this game Hart." Is he really asking for this right now?

I got ahold of the collar of his shirt and pulled him to me to where our noses were touching.
"Are you questioning my leadership hopalong?" This brought me back to eighth grade and I'm pretty sure it did for him too because we both started laughing.
"I'll see you at lunch hopalong." I smirked and walked to class.

The next few classes zipped by now to my locker to put away my art supplies. Why is pregnancy make me so freaking exhausted. I just want to sleep for the rest of my life to be quite honest. I leaned my head against my locker for a moment and rested my eyes shut.

"Maya, are you okay?" I turned my head to find Farkle staring at me.
"Yeah Farkle, I'm good." I smiled at him.
"You sure?" His concern got more obvious.
"Yeah I'm sure, I'm just tired, pregnancy does that you know? For a genius that was a pretty dumb question." I chuckled.
"I'm not a genius in the baby department. I wasn't sure if you felt sick, I was just checking on you, I said I'm here for you guys, I'm still wishing Riley was too." He looked down in disappointment.
"Farkle, Riley's fine with it, we talked yesterday, aren't you two dating? Shouldn't you know this?" Apparently I missed everything when hormonal Maya was in place.
"Yeah we are, we just haven't talked in a few days because of this. So are you two friends again?"
"Farkle don't act differently towards her because of me, I don't want to ruin her life more then I have already.." I looked down.
"Maya you haven't ruined any part of her life."
"Really her parents being on my side of this? Shawn? Liking Lucas in 8th grade which brings us back to my current situation!" I point to my stomach.
"She wants you to have all that, she loves you." Farkle pulled me in for a hug.

I literally starting crying on Farkle's shoulder.

"Maya this isn't your fault, none of it is actually. You've had a tough life and the Matthews have recognized that over the years and wanted to help you. If they didn't love you, they wouldn't have done it." I broke the hug.
"You know for a genius, you can be so on point with telling me things I already know." I laughed. "But really thank you, I think I needed to hear this." I smiled and gave him a quick hug.
"I'm assuming Maya is back and coming back with a vengeance because of hormonal Maya." He chuckled.
"I'm just getting started." I laughed and headed towards lunch, I just keep cutting conversations off today.

As I'm walking in the cafeteria about to make eye contact with Lucas who was across the room I got interrupted by the last person I wanted to speak to right now.

"Where you going Hart?" ...Missy.
"What could you possibly need to annoy me with now? Wasn't your antics a few months ago enough?" I glared directly at her eyes.
"I don't know, Hart. Was it?" She had her arms crossed, I can't be doing this I have someone other then my well being to protect now. So, I lean forward and whisper in a calm tone.
"First off, my name is Maya. Second, I'm walking away now to my boyfriend right over there watching your every move, so, before I mangle your face, again, walk away." I could see fear in her eyes as she slowly stepped away.

I walked over to our lunch table and pull out my sketchpad and start drawing cause that encounter made my stomach turn.

"Maya, are you okay? What was that about?" Lucas grabbed my hand so I would stop drawing.
"Yes I'm fine. I wish everyone would stop asking me that, I'm not exactly used to being in this situation so I'm just tired. That conversation was nothing just her being herself. As far as Riley goes, yes, her and I are friends, but I still need time away from her and she understands that, with that time she's also using it to understand things herself." I just got this all out in one big sentence.
"I'm sorry, Maya.. I was just worried. I'm glad you guys talked." He looked down.
"No Lucas, I'm sorry. She jacked up my hormones by her pissing me off and I'm throwing it out on you, I apologize." I started to feel bad for snapping on him.
"You don't need to apologize for anything Maya, this is new for you and you're still learning, I'm glad you trust me enough to take it out on me." He smiled and squeezed my hand a little tighter.

"See Huckleberry, this is why I keep you around." We both laughed and smiled.