Chapter 19

A/N: I promised longer chapters and that's what you're getting :) we got a POV hop, but a resolution is reached.

Maya's POV

I sat in Riley's bedroom window trying to process everything that just happened. This was always my safe place. Well, Riley is my safe place. It was in that moment that I realized that I need Riley is my life always. She's my best friend and I love her. From everything that happened today to the past month. I could help, but cry. Minutes later Riley walks through the door and I rush over to her and give her a hug.

"Riles, I'm so sorry." At this point I had tears streaming down my face.

"Maya, what are you sorry for?" She broke our hug and stared at me in the eyes.

"For everything. For getting myself in this situation, for not being around as much as I should have been and most importantly for ignoring you the past month, I need you Riles, I can't do this without you." I started getting really emotional again.

"Peaches, I'm here. I'm not going anywhere, and you have nothing to be sorry for as far as I go." She gave me that Riley smile that she always used to give me when we were kids.

"I just thought of all the people right now I could trust Lucas. Why is he telling people and out of all people, missy?" I buried my face in her arm again.

"Maya, come on. Let's sit down." She puts her arm around me and leads me to the bay window and we sit down just like we used to. It's like nothing has changed, it was nice.

"Maya, Lucas loves you. That's not what happened at all." She was giving me that serious look like I needed to pay attention to this, normally I would say I'm Maya Hart and I don't listen to anyone, but Riley is the voice inside me that I always listen to, even when we aren't together.

"How could you possibly know that, Riles, you weren't there." I don't understand how she would know about this already.

"Maya! I was right there! You walked right past me, you were so blindsided by what you thought was going on that you didn't notice me or my dad standing across the hall from you guys." She grabbed my hands trying to comfort me before she continued.

"I'm sorry. I didn't even see you." My face fell in a frown.

"I know, that's obvious, but you misread that conversation drastically, I don't think you realize how much Lucas loves you." She put her hands on my shoulders and turned me towards her.

"Riley, as much as I want to believe he loves me, it's hard and-" I started in before she cut me off.

"He cried Maya."

"What?" Lucas crying? I haven't even seen that myself. I mean I've seen him upset, but not to the point of tears.

"Maya, after you took off, Lucas screamed at Missy, I mean screamed. He was upset and his feelings for you just blurted out. He wants to be with you forever. How can't you see that?" I just stared at her blankly.

"I don't want him to leave. I want all the same things he does. I remember when we had our first date, when he took me on that picnic to stargaze, after we ate, we just laid there looking at the stars and just talked endlessly about a what if future we could have together. I love him Riles, I love him more then I could possibly explain to you since the day we met him." She let me free and I looked down because she didn't exactly know this.