Chapter 21

A/N: hey guys, sorry to keep you waiting, it's been a very long and tiring week. I have so much in store for this story and it's only going to get better, thank you for sticking around :)

Riley's POV

I smiled watching Lucas and Maya walk out the door together holding hands. Their life is going to completely change here in the next 7 months and Maya doesn't need the added stress right now. It stuns me that Missy is back to her old drama from middle school. This whole Maya being pregnant situation opened my eyes a bit towards reality. She's right, it's not like it was planned, but things happen unexpectedly and you have to take it as its thrown at you or you could get thrown off course. I look at Farkle and smile because he's been right in front of me all these years and it took us until this year to make a move. All your mistakes lead you to the right person though and I can't help, but be happy that my crush on Lucas led me to Farkle.

"Whatcha staring at Riley?" I had been staring at him for so long that I didn't even realize he caught me.

"Oh, nothing, just you." I could feel my face going blush after I said it.

"Oh my god, are you trying to flirt with me?" He had a huge smile on his face behind his laughter.

"If that's what you want to call it Farkle." We both started laughing. We both sat in silence after a few minutes until Farkle broke the silence.

"Can you believe they're having a baby?" Farkle smiled to himself.

"At first, no, I couldn't believe it, but now after everything that's happened the past month, I can believe it." I smiled about her pregnancy for the first time since I found out.

"I'm proud of you for doing this today." He takes my hand and it causes me to blush like crazy.

"Maya deserves the world and she loves Lucas and he loves her too. I wasn't about to let Missy have the satisfaction of winning." It still angered me to no end that she tried doing this to them.

"They're going to be great parents." He squeezed my hand reassuring me that Maya and Lucas will be okay.

"Maya would never let a child grow up how she did and Lucas has respectable manners, they'll do great." I smiled at Farkle.

I moved closer to him on the couch and laid my head on his shoulder and nuzzled my way to his neck. He put his arm around me and we leaned back into the couch. I could see him smiling out of the corner of my eye.

Maya's POV

After everything that has happened today, I know Lucas isn't going anywhere, anytime soon. I've always forbidden him to go in the spare room at my apartment. Topanga made sure I got a two bedroom so I could turn the spare into an art space just in case I need to get away for a moment, I hadn't been in there much since Lucas and I started dating because right now in life there's nothing I want to get away from. I have drawings of mom and Shawn when mom was still alive. The most important one was when I met Lucas on the subway in 7th grade, us smiling at each other. I stepped back for Riley and I needed to get away from that and that's what resulted out of it. Had I known what I feel now is what I felt then, then I would have kissed him in Texas that night. That drawing is right next to the subway drawing. Thinking about this is making me smile because everything turned out better then it could have. Currently were sitting on the couch and he's rubbing my feet. Such a sweet huckleberry I got.

"Lucas?" I looked up at him.
"Yeah?" He flashed a smile back at me.

"You know the spare room that I have that I never let anyone go into?" I was fidgeting my fingers because let's face it, I'm nervous to show him this. Basically every hint of when I started loving him is in that room.

"What about it?" He stopped rubbing my feet and turned and looked at me.

"I-I'm ready to show you.." So much for not making it obvious that I'm nervous.

"Are you sure? Don't you want to show Riley first?" He put his hand out on my knee and I took it and intertwined our fingers.

"I'm absolutely sure, there's reasons why I don't want Riley to see it and you'll understand once you see it, before I take you in there let me do something real quickly.

I jumped off the couch and headed to the room as quickly as I could and grabbed the drawings of Lucas and I and put them back in the folder and sat them by the edge of the desk. I also used this desk to write when I'm upset to let my emotions out. I wrote several things about Josh. Texas. The triangle. My dad. I wasn't going to be able to hide those because they're notebooks with those titles on the front. I'll just hope he doesn't want to look at them. Once I get everything in place I walk back to the living room doorway.

"You ready?" I smiled at him and hold out my hand. He smiles and gets up off the couch and takes my hand.

"Before I open this door, you may learn things that you may not know. Topanga made sure I got an apartment with a spare room so I had somewhere I could do my art to get away and somewhere quiet to write if I wanted to and that's what I use this room for. Ever since we started dating I hadn't gone in here until today." I was holding both of his hands looking intently at him so he knows this is important to me and knows the sacrifice I'm about to make.

I opened the door and when he walked in his eyes were flashing everywhere.

"Maya are these drawings from different events of your life?" He was staring at the few I had framed on the wall of him, Farkle, Riley and myself.

"Yeah, it's kinda off memories." I smile at him.

"These are beautiful Maya." He was scanning the wall with his eyes like he was looking for something in particular.

Lucas's POV

I keep looking at all her framed pictures. These clearly meant an awful lot to her. She doesn't have one of us, but she did say she hadn't been in her since we started dating. I heard a noise and looked behind me and a folder fell on the ground and a few papers fell out. I picked it up and just when I was about to put the papers back in the folder something catches my eye when I open the folder.

"Texas.." I whisper looking at the drawing.