Chapter 45

A/N: I hope everyone had an amazing thanksgiving! I also won a turkey hand from Sabrina through iHeartRadio, so that's pretty cool, lol. I've been busy with work and thanksgiving that I haven't had a chance to update and finally got time to sit down and write a chapter for you guys! Things are coming together so hold tight!

Riley's POV

I did what my mom asked of me and went to get ready to go back over to Maya's. I know she isn't going to like this, but at this point she doesn't have a choice. Since she won't let me or anyone else help her through this, my mom is the next best option. She's always been a mother figure to Maya ever since her own mom died. If anyone can bring Maya out of this funk she's in, I know it's my mom. She has a way with how she talks to people. Probably why she's such a good lawyer. I got dressed and brushed my hair and walked out in the living room to see mom and dad talking.

"Cory I need you to watch Auggie for awhile today." Mom told dad as if he didn't have a say in the matter.

"What's going on?" He asked her in a confused matter, which is nothing new, he's always confused.

"Riley and I need to go talk to Maya. The rest is need to know." She replied.

"Okay, be careful girls." He said with a smile.

After that mom and I made our way to her car. Before we went to Maya's we stopped to get breakfast because I was starving from last nights escapade to Maya's, just to be doing it all over again with back up re-enforcement.

Maya's POV

Things felt so lonely without Lucas around here. You never know how much you need someone until they are gone. I got up from the couch and started cleaning the dishes because it kept me distracted from everything else going wrong in my life. I lost Lucas and probably soon Riley too. I always seem to mess up my most important relationships. I just want to go back to a few weeks ago when I was safely in Lucas's arms. They were always home to me. I don't know how I'm going to do any of this without him now. I messed up and I messed up badly. While drowning in my thoughts I heard a knock at the door, which I ignored at first because I honestly didn't want to see anyone today until I heard a voice.

"Maya Hart I know you're inside, I saw your car outside. Open this door." I heard Mrs Matthews say from the other side. I should have figure sooner or lately Riley was going to rope her in. I went and opened the door to see the both of them standing there.

"Hi Mrs Matthews. Riley." I said quietly as I opened the door and let them in since I really didn't have a choice in the matter.

They both came in and sat on the couch with me in the middle. I honestly wanted to die with how humiliating this is right now. I love them both very much, but I just lost Lucas and wasn't in the mood for much conversation, but since it's mama bear I'll let her speak.

"So what brings you here Mrs Matthews? Although I'm sure I have a clue." I asked while looking at Riley out of the corner of my eye.

"Don't look at Riley like that, she came to me all upset this morning because she's worried sick about you and I know why." She replied.

"You do?"

"Yes, I do. I know you miss your mom. It's normal for a teen to want her mom there during everything including the birth." She said as she put her hand on my knee.

"You just know everything don't you?" I asked her when I already knew the answer to that stupid question.

"Yeah, I kinda do." She replied with a small wink. "Here's what I'm here to offer to you. I know I could never take the place of your mother, but if you want me in the room when it comes time to give birth, I'll be there with you through everything."

"I couldn't ask you to do that." I replied while trying not to cry.

"You didn't ask, I'm offering. Please let me do this Maya. I never want you to feel like you're in this alone. You should have came to me before it got this bad. You're such a beautiful girl with such a strong heart. You've been knocked down so many times and got right back up. You know what it is to keep putting yourself together everyday and that is the epitome of strong and that's who Maya Hart is." She gently explained to me. That's when it hit me how inconsiderate I have been to those around me that love me which made me start crying. "Honey why are you crying?"

"I realized how awful I've been to everyone, especially Lucas." I replied in between my sobs.

"Maya honey, things happen. You can't control your emotions, especially when pregnancy hormones are behind it. I do think you need to go talk to him though and try to sort things out.  I know this isn't how you wanted things. I could tell the moment you opened the door. I know you love him and he loves you too. Just remember he's hurt too, so take an easy on him and try to explain yourself the best you can." She replied while giving me a hug.

"Yeah Maya, you and Lucas were meant for each other and I know last night it was hard to realize this because you were trying to stall everything because you were scared, but you don't have to be. You have all of us who love you unconditionally and want only the best for you. That's all I've ever wanted for you." Riley chimed in.

"Thank you for saving me once again Riles. I love you." I told her while giving her a huge hug.

"And I love you. Now go get him." She replied. She was always on my side no matter what. She's my sister and I love her.

After talking more about my feelings and everything with them we all left, but went our separate ways once we got outside. I got in my car and started driving over to Lucas's mothers house because I know that's where he is. Once I pulled up I saw his truck sitting there, but his mom's car wasn't there, which kind of made it perfect for us to talk things over alone. I hurried as fast as I could to the front door before knocking frantically on the door. Seconds later a sleepy Lucas opened the door who looks like he was up all night crying.

"Maya? Why are you here?" He asked.

"Lucas I need to talk to you." I replied.

"I think you said enough last night." He responded with a smug look on his face.

"No Lucas, you don't understand. If you would just let me explain." I said as I started pleading with him.

"Is this about the baby?" He asked.

"No. It's about us."

"Then there's nothing more to say. I don't want to see you right now. Things were hard enough last night leaving you and you obviously don't know what you want, so you need to figure that out." He explained which honestly broke my heart and started to make me tear up a little.

"Lucas.. you're who I want, nothing and no one else. I love you." I replied trying to fight my emotions.

"Maya. Go home. I'm not doing this right now." He said as he shut the door.

I guess I deserved that. I walked back to my car and got in. I sat there for 10 minutes crying because I messed this up so bad and I don't know how to fix this. I need him.