Chapter 20

A/N: Thank you for all the kind feedback on the last chapter, I'm so happy that some of you liked it :) Now, it's time for Maya and Lucas to have a chat.

Lucas's POV

So many thoughts were running through my head. Just a half hour ago I thought I lost her and now she's sitting in front of me and not angry like she was  three hours ago.

"Hello, Ranger Rick? Are you going to sit down or what?" She smiled at me.

"Yeah, sorry." I sat down next to her and took her hands and held them.

"Lucas, let me go first, I'm so sorry for assuming the worst, I would like to say it's the hormones, but I think it's just me being stupid." She squeezed my hands a little tighter.

"You're not stupid, Maya. You're beautiful and smart. I thought I lost you today, I was terrified." I was never good at explaining my feelings so I hope this explains it to her.

"I heard you cried?" Her eyes were getting glassy.

"I did. I have no problem admitting that to you. If that was the pain I felt for almost losing you, I don't want to know what actually losing you would feel like." The pain I felt hours ago was unbearable and I never want to feel that again.

"Had I let you talk though, none of this would be going on." I hated that she felt so guilty over this.

"I was the idiot who fell for Missy's plan to get you pissed at me. I should have just ignored her."  I was beating myself up pretty bad over this.

"Let's face it Lucas, here in a month or so people would have started talking once I start getting bigger and if it's not Missy then it'll be the next person. The fact of the matter is I overreacted and I'm sorry. I hope you can forgive me." She started to look down, but I took my hand and raised her chin up so she had no choice, but to look at me.

"Maya, that's enough of blaming yourself for this happening. Sometimes things happen out of nowhere on a sunny day. I love you so much, you have no idea, I don't just love you, I'm in love with you." Her face was going blush.

Like that she had her arms wrapped around my neck, our noses aligned. I could feel her hot breath on my face.

"So... Are you going to kiss me now or what hee-haw?" She grinned at me.

I slowly leaned in and softly kisses her with my hands cupping her face.

"Dang, Huckleberry, if this is what your makeup kisses are like, we should fight more often." She was obviously joking.

"Maya I could kiss you like that for the rest of my life." She leaned her head on my shoulder and smiled.

"What's that you say now?" She seemed a little surprised by my previous statement.

"Maya, I don't want this to be temporary, I want you and me. There's no one else I could possibly imagine being with that could ever compare to you." Her eyes looked all glassy like she was about to cry.

"No ones ever cared enough to say that to me before, Lucas, I love you." She then kissed me again, but not in a normal way that she would usually. This was an I'm in love you kind of kiss and I was enjoying and savoring every second of it.