Chapter 18

A/N: how about all that drama? Don't worry it's not going to be all bad forever, I'm just adding a little excitement to the story. Leave your thoughts :)

Cory's POV

"Riley head to my classroom." I looked at her.
"Dad, I should go find Maya-" she began explaining until I cut her off.
"Riley. Go to my classroom." I pointed in the other direction. She finally listens and heads towards my class.
"Missy, what's going on?" I walked over to her at Lucas' locker.
"Nothing." She rolled her eyes at me.
"I saw and heard the whole thing, Maya hasn't done a thing to you to deserve this, things better change or I'll be getting the principal involved because what you're doing is harassment, do we have an understanding?" I narrowed my eyebrows and folded my arms.
"Yes, Mr Matthews." Like that she walked away.

Now that, that part is taken care of. Now to find Maya or Lucas. I paced up and down the halls trying to find one of them. The front entrance door was propped open and it sounded like someone was trying to talk while crying. I got as close to the door as possible without being notice to listen in to see if it was Maya or Lucas.

-On The Phone-

"Maya.. Please pick up your phone. I need to explain what really happened, you don't- know that full story, you walked in mid conversation and left before I even  had the chance to tell you what happened. Please call me back. I love you." He sat his phone down next to him and buried his head in his knees.

"Lucas you need to see if she's home." I startled him a bit, but understandable with what just happened.

"She's not." He seemed so lost, I'm now seeing now much he truly does care for Maya.

"How do you know?" I said as I sat down next to him.
"I already checked. She wasn't there, she won't answer my texts or anything." If was new to see Lucas reacting this way.

"Lucas, where has she always gone when she's upset?" I looked over at him.

"To your house, but they aren't talking right now." Time to do this my way because I know how this is going to go, I know Maya.

"Hold on one second." I got up and went to the doorway.

"Riley!" I yelled from the door since my classroom was right down the hall. She heard me and came outside with me.

"What's going on sir?" Lucas was finally able to look at me now.
"Just give it a second, I already know how this is going to go." Riley knows what's going to happen too.

Her phone starts ringing and Maya's name flashes across the screen, she answers it and puts it on speaker.

-phone call-

"Riles?"
"Hi peaches."
"I need you."
"Where are you? I'll come to you."
"I'm at your house, sitting in the bay window, I came here to talk to Shawn. Can you please come home?"
"I'll be there soon."

-end call-

As soon as Riley hung up with Maya she left.

"She's going to fix everything Lucas, I promise." I sat back down with him.
"I hope so sir." He sounded a little more hopeful now.
"If Maya would listen to anyone right now, it's Riley, have faith in her, I'm sure things will be okay soon."
"Thank you sir." He smiled.

"Anytime Lucas, I see how much you care for her. The way her eyes light up when she sees you is nothing like I've seen before. She'll get past this."

"Thank you for being so supportive of basically everything." I could tell he genuinely meant that.

"I love Maya like a daughter, I want her happy, and you make her happy, it's the happiest I've seen her the past year. Did you mean what you said earlier about wanting to be with her for the rest of your life?" The fatherly instincts were coming out of me.

"I do. I meant every word of it. There's no one that would ever compare to Maya, she's the best thing that's ever happened to me." He reminds me of myself my senior year of high school, dark times.