Chapter 24

A/N: we have some drama coming this chapter, get ready.

Maya's POV

"Oh hey, you found me." He winced as he tried to smile.

"I live with you hee-haw, I would have found you sooner or later and in other news what happened to your eye?" I stared at him expecting an answer.

"Can we just talk about this later?" He seemed a bit in shock.

"Well, Lucas, you've been avoiding me all day and now you won't tell me what happened, what am I supposed to think?" I felt a tear rolling down my cheek.

"Maya, don't cry." He wipes my tears. "This has nothing to do with you, I didn't want to worry you and was hoping the swelling and everything would go away by the time I saw you today." He held both of my hands.

"Do you know why anyone would do this?" He shook his head.

"No I don't." He said really quietly like he didn't want anyone hearing.

Everyone had left us and went to their study hall classrooms and I just couldn't take it anymore. I pulled him by his wrist and dragged him into the janitors closest and made him sit down.

"Talk, Friar." I crossed my arms and stared at him.

"When I was leaving for school this morning not long after you left I got jumped." In this light I could see a bruise forming around his eye.

"What? By who?" I slightly raised my voice.

"I don't know who they were.." He looked down in defeat.

"Do you know what they looked like? A description, anything?" I'm worried and he's not even telling me anything.

"Maybe early 20's, the two guys wore flannels and skinny jeans." He looked down, he just seems so ashamed when it wasn't his fault.

I sat there and thought to myself for a moment and analyzed the descriptions he told me in my head and then it clicked. It clicked in a way I wish it hadn't. I didn't even think about it, I ran out the door not even checking if anyone was around because I honestly didn't care. I ran to my car and just sat there for a minute because I needed to process everything I just figured out before I left.

"Josh.." I whispered to myself.

Once I got my thoughts all together I started my car and took off. I ignored my rear view mirror because I already knew what I would see if I looked up and this is something I need to face alone. Lucas can't protect me all the time like he thinks he can. With this mornings results of his face, that's given enough proof I need to do this. Unfortunately I remember exactly where his dorm room was at NYU. I stood outside the door for a minute and took a deep breath before storming in. Good he's the only one in here, that makes it even easier.

"Boing! What the hell is the matter with you?!" I yelled at him as I grabbed him by the collar of his shirt and pinned him against the wall.

"Back for more, Maya?" He smirked at me.

"What's the matter with you..? Why did you have your roommates jump Lucas?" I demanded answers and I wanted them now.