Chapter 6

A/N: Yikes insensitive Riley has returned, hopefully that changes. Anyways here we go, Lucas telling this mom.

Lucas's POV

It was hard driving away from Maya. She seemed so scared to tell Riley, but I promised I wouldn't interfere and I would tell my mom. At this point with my mom it could go either way. When I walked in the house she was watching tv.

"Hey ma." I walked over and sat next to her on the couch.
"You're home pretty early. No plans with Maya?" She smiled at me.
"No, I'm going over there later after she talks to Riley." For the first time since I found out Maya was pregnant, I felt nervous.
"Ohh, I see." She always loved teasing me about Maya, it was kind of funny.
"I actually need to talk to you about something really important." She saw the fear in my eye and she tuned off the tv and turned to me.
"What's going on Lucas?" She had a flash of concern on her face.
"Well, on New Year's Eve Maya found out that she's, uh, pregnant and this morning she went to the doctors to have it confirmed and well it's a sure thing. I'm not asking for your help I just wanted you to know." I felt better once I got it all out.
"Um, wow, okay, first off what were you thinking?" She raised her voice at me.
"I wasn't, obviously. Me and Maya have already talked things through on it." I've for sure seen her more angry then this before, she's not even angry she's just in disappointment mode, which is what I expected.
"So you talked about your options?" Options? Why would I ever consider options.
"No, never. Mom, listen, I love Maya so much and I have for a really long time. Who would have thought one day I would fall in love with her. Me and Maya are doing this, you can either support us being together and raising our child together or you don't. We want the people were closest to, to know." She understood how serious I am about Maya and gave me an understanding look.
"I'm proud of you, most teenage boys would run." She wasn't wrong most of them do.
"I'm hardly a teenager now, just turned 18 remember? Maya is also just not any girl, she's everything to me, it's always been Maya and it always will be Maya." I felt proud that I could just let me feelings out now.
"I never not supported you too being together. I knew you two had something before you both realized yourselves. I support you both. If you want to be an adult about this though, you should tall analog moving in so you can be there for her for when she needs you because trust me she's going to need you, especially towards the end." She was smirking at me, I saw where this was going.
"Ahh, this is my punishment, kicking me out?" I looked down.
"Don't look at it like that Lucas, being a father is a lot of things, I know you love her and want to be there with her, maybe you're right maybe it was a sign, take that sign a step further and start the family that you obviously want. I'll be here if you need anything, you know I love you and Maya. You'll be great parents." Knowing she supported us meant a lot to me, I hope she's having just as much luck with Riley.
"Thanks mom I appreciate it-" I got cut off by a text coming through, Maya's name flashed on the screen from a text message.

M: Lucas. I need you right now, it was a mistake telling her.
L: calm down, what happened?
M: she doesn't support us, she basically called me a whore, she said prostitute so same difference and I think she still has feelings for you...
L: and? I only have eyes for you and that baby, no one else. If she can't support us then that's her loss. I'll be leaving here shortly. Knowing Riley I'm assuming she kicked you out, so text Shawn and have him come sit with you until I get there.
M: okay, I love you Huckleberry.
L: I love you, too, Maya :)

Maya's POV

S: Maya where are you? I went to check on you guys, but you weren't there and Riley won't talk to us.
M: I'm sitting on the steps of the building waiting for Lucas to come get me.
S: want company?
M: I'd like that
S: I'll see you in a few seconds kiddo.

Things were falling back into place with Shawn. I think for once I can completely trust someone that once hurt me. We pretty much were boarder line back to our old relationship.

"Hey, kiddo what's going on?" He sat down and leaned me in closer to give me a hug.
"She's angry, Shawn. Like really anger, kind of like furious." I couldn't even pull off a facial expression right now.
"I'm sure she'll come around, it's Riley." He smiled at me.
"She called me a prostitute.. I don't think sleeping with one person classifies me in that category, but she's angry so she's going to say anything to hurt me." I looked down at my hands.
"Maya, sometimes things like this happen, sometimes it's to prepare you for what comes next, I don't have the answers you need for Riley, but you need to focus on you, that baby and Lucas. Don't worry about her, leave that to me and her parents, we'll fix it, I promise." He smiled and gave me another hug because Lucas was pulling up.
"Thanks for sitting and talking with me Shawn, I'll see you soon?" I smiled.
"Of course you will." I love that he cares so much for me still.

He headed back inside while I got in Lucas's truck.