Chapter 51

A/N: The next chapter will be the last chapter before the epilogue. It's almost a bit emotional seeing this story come to an end with it being my very first one. I appreciate you all who stuck with me during my delays and everything with it and kept reading. It means a lot to me and I love you guys!

Maya's POV

Topanga and Riley stopped back at the hospital to help us get everything ready to go home. It's been a long and exhausting two days, but I wouldn't trade it for anything in the world. After they helped me gather some things they were about to head back home.

"Mrs Matthews, I want to thank you for coming and being here for me through this whole birthing experience." I said to her with a warm smile.

"You don't need to thank me Maya, you're family, we're always there for family." She replied.

"I wouldn't have been able to get through what I did without you or Lucas there. It really meant a lot to me." I responded.

"Speaking of which where is Lucas?" She asked me.

"He went out to get us food. I'm starving and would like something a little bit more tasteful then the food they have been giving me here." I explained to her.

"I can tell you're back to your normal self already."

"Whys that?" I asked curiously.

"Because you're already talking about food. Let me guess, is he picking up tacos?"

"He sure is, he's not going to eat them before I give birth knowing I can't have it and think he's getting away with it." I replied as Lucas walked in the room with Taco Bell.

"I'll let you two have your time together, call if you need anything." Mrs Matthews and Riley both smiled at us before leaving the room.

It was just Lucas and I in the room because the hospital had alex making sure everything is all good for him to go home with us today. We both sat on the couch in the room as I dug in to my tacos. Not being able to have any type of normal food the past few days was torture and the taste of these tacos were unimaginable because I was craving it for so long.

"Are you sure you aren't pregnant again the way you're eating that?" Lucas joked as we ate.

"If I was would you be breathing right now?" I said sarcastically to Lucas.

"I'm not sure Maya. You know you love it regardless." He smirked on me.

"Are you really hitting on me while we're still in the hospital? You're something else Huckleberry." I replied. "If you really think we're having sex again anytime soon after going through that, you're insane."

"You won't last."

"BET." I retorted in a sarcastic tone.

"Yeah, we'll see Hart." He laughed.

We finished up our food and directly after the doctor brought Alexander back in the room and said he's given the clear to go home with us today. We got him in his car seat and set towards home. After we got home Lucas went and took a shower. I took Alexander out of his car seat and carried him to the nursery. I sat down in my rocking chair and placed him on my lap. He's so tiny it's indescribable. He's got my eyes and my nose. Everything else is Lucas or a combination of.

"Alex, this use to be the room where I did art. I hope when you get older you get into that too. This was a very special place to me. Now it's your room. Mommy was really scared to have you, but now that you're here, I love you more then life itself. I've never had a more perfect person in my life. You are the best gift I could receive." I said to him, I know he can't understand me, but I still wanted to tell him.

I hadn't noticed Lucas was by the door watching us until I looked up and saw him.

"Whatcha looking at Huckleberry?"  I asked.

"My perfect family." He smiled at me as he walked in the room. He walked over to me and leaned down and kissed my forehead. I couldn't help, but smile.

"Hey you're the glue that keeps us together. As long as we have each other, what else matters?" I said softly as I picked Alex off my lap and started to feed him. I decided to breast feed since it was the easiest thing to do at the moment. Eventually we'll go back and forth with it so we can lean him in to wanting a bottle more.

"Well..."

"Are you serious right now?" I said in an annoyed voice.

"I can't help it."

"Well, control it until later." I said to him.

"Really now?" He had a smirk on his face.

"Tone it down cowboy. I never said that was happening. I'm just temporarily preoccupied." I replied quick.

"Look he's always like me, the boy knows what he wants." He was grinning from ear to ear.

"Lucas! Go find something to do or..-" I started to say before he cut me off.

"Or you'll what?" He said to interrupt me.

"You're a jackass."

"Yeah, but you love me anyways." He replied. "I'll go watch tv and wait for you to put him down. I love you."

"I love you, too." I replied as he walked out of the room. After feeding and burping him, I rocked him to sleep and he fell asleep quick.

I put him in his crib then grabbed the baby monitor and went out into the living room to join Lucas on the couch. I kinda just sat there with the monitor in my hand for a minute to take in everything that's happened the past 78 hours.

"You okay?" Lucas asked with a concerned look on his face.

"Yeah I'm great. Actually. I can't believe we made that perfect human being." I answered him.

"I know, I was thinking the same thing earlier when I saw you talking to him." He smiled at me and grabbed my hand. "We did good Maya. You're already an amazing mother. Don't ever doubt that."

"I'm always going to try my best to be. I want to give him the life that I never had." I explains to him.

"Then so we will."