Chapter 26

A/N: All this mystery what happened with Josh and Maya is about to come to the surface. I apologize instantly for those of you that ship Joshaya, I'm not trying to be a dick because I know how that is being a Lucaya shipper, just keep in mind it's only a story and it's not meant to cause any harm. Half the time I don't even know what I'm writing down and I write what comes out without thinking on it that way I can give you guys a heartfelt story. I appreciate every one of you reading this still, I really hope I'm not dragging this out on you guys. I've been trying to detail things and situations out as much as I can. If you guys ever have suggestions or anything feel free to drop a suggestion because I'll always put your thoughts into account because I'm writing this for you guys :)
So let's continue on with this story :)

Maya's POV

Home. Most days I would be thrilled to go home and relax after work with Lucas, but I know he's there waiting for me. I literally have so much to explain to him about my past with Josh that it was making me feel sick. Thank god I still have like three hours of work left.

"Hey Maya!" I heard a perky, but familiar voice come from behind me.

"Hi Riles." I smiled at her.

"What happened to you today? You disappeared after study hall." I should have known this was coming.

"Well, it wasn't hard to guess who did this to Lucas. I went and dealt with it." The overwhelming sensation of nerves took over my body and my hands started shaking just thinking about the conversation I had with Josh.

"... Maya you're shaking, what's going on?" I hate hiding things from her, but I can't tell her yet.

"Riles seriously it's nothing, you don't need to worry, I got this." I tried giving her my best convincing smile.

"I just feel like I'm not apart of anything involving you anymore, it's like your icing me out." I looked up at her stunned because it's rare that Riley is super forward.

"Riley, this one is beyond your reach, it's even out of my reach, but I went and did it anyway because that's who I am. I'm impulsive, you've known this since the day you met me." I let out a small laugh.

"I understand that, but will you ever tell me?" She was giving me those puppy dog eyes that she knows I can't say no to.

"Yes Riles, but before I can do that, I need to talk to your mom and dad first." I hate that she feels like that I don't trust her because that's not it at all, this is too big for her.

"Why? Do you need them today?" This is why I love Riley because she's always prepared to help.

"Oh god no, please not today, today too much has already happened and Lucas and I already made plans to have a talk when I get off work and I can only handle one big conversation in one day and I'm already tired from lugging this thing around, referring to the little human in my stomach by the way." She could tell how drained I was after I had mentioned it.

"You call your baby a little human?" She chuckled.

"I mean yeah, we don't know if it's a he or she yet, so I'm sticking with little human until we know. Who knows it might become a nickname." I smiled putting my hand on my stomach.

"You're going to be a great mom, Maya." She put her hand on mine that was on the counter and smiled.

"Thanks Riles, that means a lot." I said as I bit my lip.