Chapter 52

A/N: Time skip to school starting again. Last chapter guys. I do plan on doing an epilogue soon. Thank you all so much for loving this story. I hope you all loved it as much as I did writing it for you. Girls Meets World may have ended, but I won't stop writing Lucaya stories for you guys. I LOVE YOU

Maya's POV

I was standing in front of my bed room looking at my outfit trying to make sure it looked okay. It is my last first day of High School after all. I felt Lucas' arms wrap around me and I could see his smiling face in the mirror. I couldn't help, but smile back. Whenever he looks at me it's like the first time we locked eyes on the subway again.

"Are you almost ready beautiful?" He asked while not breaking eye contact in the mirror.

"I think so." I replied still feeling a little unsure and I know it's not just because the outfit I'm wearing. It'll be the first time I'll be away from Alexander for more then 4 hours at a time. "I'm not sure about this outfit to be honest."

"Maya, you look amazing like always." He replied trying to make me feel a little better. "Are you sure that's what you're worried about today?" He asked knowing there was more to what I was letting on.

"This will my first time away from him for more then 4 hours at a time, what if he won't calm down for your mom?" I asked.

"She's done this more then once Maya, she know's how to care for a baby. You're just having separation anxiety, it's normal." He replied. I know he was right, I was just worried.

"How did you become the expert on these things?' I asked.

"When we were apart, my mom did nothing, but give me lessons on parenting when she wasn't lecturing me about being a jackass to you." He explained "Besides Maya, I always want to be the best father I can be to him."

"You've already been the best father to him since the moment I told you about him. I'm so incredibly grateful for it too." I replied to him.

After we got ourselves and Alexander around we took him to Lucas' mom's house. She's been so great since he was born. she always offers to watch him so Lucas and I can get a break and have time to ourselves. While it was nice to get time to ourselves we always ended up leaving early because we missed him. He is the best thing to happen to Lucas and I. After we dropped him off at Lucas's mom's we headed to school. I'm not anywhere near ready for the wave of questions that's going to hit us as soon as we walk through that door. As I thought, all heads were turned on his, people whispering and some just flat out asking. I walked in Matthews class and sat down and took a deep breath reminding myself that I can do this and besides I just went through child birth a month ago.

"How are you doing today Maya?" I looked up as Matthews asked me this.

"I won't lie to you Matthews, I would much rather be at home with my son." I replied.

"Still hard being away from him?" He asked.

"Yeah, it's just hard because I'm always worried he'll need me."

"That's being a good mother, Topanga was the same way with Riley and Auggie when they were born. She was so attached to them both and it was really hard for her and made her super emotional when she would have to leave them. That feeling will pass, You've done an amazing job so far, I'm proud of you." He explained and what he said did for sure make me feel better on the situation, but it didn't make me miss him any less.