Mistaken Meanings

So, she likes me! Yes, that's great! Twilight likes me, I'm feeling good! After last night and Discord wiping me out I needed some good news!
I lay in her bed, face on her back. I recoiled from this and fell out of the bed. I lay in the floor a moment, and stood up. I looked at Twilight laying in the bed.
"Cute." I whispered. I walked down the stairs into the living room. I lay on the sofa, not wanting to move anymore. Discord had really taken my energy, I couldn't move much, all my muscles were sore.
*rap rap rap* I slowly stood up. *raprap rap raprap* I was almost to the door. *raprapraprap* I opened the door, and was greeted by Fluttershy.
"Hello Fluttershy, what's happening?" I asked sweetly.
"I'm not feeling good right now, I'm afraid that I just feel unwell... But I don't mean to bother you with my problems, I am here to talk to Twilight."
"I'm sorry to say she isn't awake... She will probably get up soon though... You wanna come in?"
"Sure, I can come in... If that's alright..."
"Yeah, I guess it would be okay if we wait for Twilight to get up." I stated.
She stepped in. I sat on the sofa and let my mind drift. Soon enough, a weary-eyed Twilight walked into the room.
"Oh hey Fluttershy, is something wrong? You look so stressed..."
"Oh Twilight, I need to talk to you... Alone, if that's okay..." Barely a whisper.
"Garret, would you mind leaving? Fluttershy needs to talk to me alone, without your presence..."
"Yeah, that's fine, I gotta visit someone anyways..." I left quietly. I needed to visit someone important, Pinkie Pie.
I strolled around Ponyville, slowly making my way around to Sugarcube Corner. I stepped inside, and asked to see Pinkie. She hopped toward me, the height of the hops really confuse me. She was bouncing almost four feet off the ground!
"Hey Pinkie, I have a serious question."
"Sure Garret! What do you wanna know?" She chuckled. Is she ever anything but happy?
"Uh, Fluttershy... Has she ever... Liked someone and taken it too far? Like if they don't like her?"
"Yeah, I remember this one time that... Um... She liked somepony, but he liked me. And she wouldn't talk to me for weeks... She even avoided me..." Her hair dropped, straight down in her face. What did I just do? Did I just depress Pinkie? This isn't good, I think I should leave.
"Sorry for bringing it up." I whispered.
"It's fine! Just... It's fine..."
"I'm going to leave..." She didn't stop me as I walked out of her home.
Upon leaving her home, I stumbled and fell to the ground. Goddamn it, I fall a lot! I stood up, and ran into a pegasus. She was grey, and she was... What's wrong with her eyes? Is she looking at me? Ditzy... And where there is Ditzy there is The Doctor...
"So sorry... Hey, what's your name?"
"I'm Ditzy Doo... Nice to meet you... What's your name?"
"I'm Garret! Hey, is Mr. Whooves around?"
"Yeah, he's living on the edge of Ponyville, just waiting on something to happen..."
"Okay, would you mind showing me there?"
"S-Sure..."
We walked to the edge of Ponyville, not far from the Library actually. We were less than half a mile from the Library. She brought me to a small grey building, with no windows. It looked like an outhouse, kind of.
"Step inside, it's where he lives!" Ditzy said, very excitedly.
I did, I pushed open the door, and was soon hit with a sudden mental shock. I was seeing double for a moment, then my vision focused. The room was a lot bigger on the inside.
I looked around. Tesla coils and other electrical devices lined the room's walls. The Doctor was laying on the ground, asleep.
"Dr. Whooves? Can you wake up please?" I poked him gently, trying to wake him up. He snapped awake and stood up. I was giddy, I was kinda a Whoovian.
I looked at the grey pony, surprised. He actually seemed... Different... Like he actually belonged somewhere else...
"Hello! It's quite an honor to meet Celestia's newest subject of study!"
"Why, how kind of you, I think it's a pleasure to meet you too, Doctor." Hmm, what an introduction.
"Hmm, how is it that you know to call me the Doctor?"
"Ah, let's just say you are widely known where I come from..."
"Hmm, is it me, or one of me?"
"Just all of you..."
"All of me?"
"All of you! You are... Where I come from you are known as a... What are you?"
"I am a pony! Nothing more..."
"Mr. Who! You know this is untrue! Tell me who you are! Nopony can have a machine as advanced as the TARDIS!"
"How do you know... You must know much more than I anticipated..."
"Yes, now are you really just a pony?"
"No... I am..." He sighed, "An inter-dimensional traveller who enjoys keeping himself here as a home..."
"Mmhm, I thought so! You are a time lord! That explains the cutie mark!"
"Yes, it would! Now what did you come here for?"
"I just wanted to know if you have something for me..."
"And just what would I have for you?"
"You would have... Something..."
"No, I'm afraid I don't, sorry."
"Alright, just being around you, and being in the TARDIS made coming here worth the trip!"
"Sure, sure. Keep the compliments flowing!"
"Should I refer to you as the Doctor, or Dr. Whooves?"
"In the case of a private conversation, call me the Doctor, but in a crowd, or amongst others call me Dr. Whooves, as to keep my current alias safe."
"Can do, but I must leave."
"Remember this, in the TARDIS, time is relative! Twelve hours have passed in just the few hours we have been speaking!"
Wow, time flies! I left the TARDIS, and began to wander back to the Library. I put my hand on the door, and pushed. The door came open, and I was greeted by a shocking scene.
I looked at the books scattered around, most of them were off their shelves. Letters were scattered all around the Library, and the sofa was upturned. Many of the items in her home were trashed, and she was unconscious in the floor.
"Hey Twilight, wake up..." I poked her gently.
I was raised off the ground, and thrown into the ground. I was laying on the ground. Twilight stood up, and began to look at me.
"Sorry! I'm so sorry! I apologize Garret!" She released me, and I could suddenly move again.
"Why did you even react like that?"
"Because... Fluttershy came in and she was serious. Her mind was made up. She... Wanted me out of the way, for me to leave you alone. And I decided that I won't let that happen!"
"Wow, that seems so... Unlike her!"
"I know, but there was nothing to say after that, so I told her to leave."
Wow, Fluttershy is acting strange now. Today has been strange very, very strange. First, Pinkie Pie had a sudden mood-swing, then Dr. Whooves, and now this?
I just need today to end, and soon. I flipped her sofa back over and lay on it, letting sleep start taking me over.
"Hey, you know that you don't sleep there anymore, right?"
"Well, where do I sleep then?" I was genuinely curious.
"You sleep upstairs now! Where you slept yesterday..."
That would be... The bed... Thats a good place for me!
"Okay." I half-walked half-shuffled up the stairs. I pushed open her door and fell onto her bed. I wrapped up in the blankets, curled up, and lay there. Freezing. I couldn't sleep, at all.
She soon lay on the bed, and I was greeted with another source of heat on this cold night. I curled up next to her, needing heat before I froze to death. It really worked, my body soon was warm, and I could sleep. How odd, all day the weather was hot, and suddenly it was freezing.
I fell asleep within seconds.

***

I awoke to a scuffling noise from downstairs. I got out of the warm bed, and snuck down the stairs, sliding my feet down the steps so that they wouldn't make any noise. It was Rainbow Dash, and she was cleaning the Library. Why was she cleaning the Library?
"Hey, what are you doing?" I whispered.
"I am trying to make up for what Fluttershy did here. Just don't get in my way, I have to keep her safe. She needs to be kept safe."
"Then clean, but keep it down!" I shout-whispered.
"Sorry... Sorry!"
I crept back up the stairs, and went back into the bedroom. I walked toward the bed, and lay back down. I buried my face in the pillow. Thinking about what just happened is weird.
What did she mean, 'I need to keep her safe. She needs to be kept safe.' Is Fluttershy in danger? There's no way that's true.
The heat began to get to me, and I fell asleep.

\(-_-)/

Chapter complete! The Doctor is now a character, along with Ditzy. And now the story begins to thicken! Like a good soup, the more heat I add, the thicker this gets! I kinda want to make this, and I kinda need to. Anyways, read the story, blah blah blah. Rate comment share, blah blah blah.