Keeping it Real

Garret POV:

She blushed. Odd, considering I hadn't actually said much. All I had said was 'I need you too' and she instantly became red. Why is that her first reaction?
"G... What do you mean?" She whispered.
Time to say it.
"I think I have the same problem you do, not a want, so much as a need..." I whispered. I have to be quiet, we're still in a booth.
"Garret... I don't just have a need..."
Good, easier to explain all this then.
"Well... I just think that maybe we have the same problem, we both need one-another."
"I... What happened with Fluttershy?"
"Well, to put it simply, she reminded me that you needed me... And that reminded me that I needed you..."
She attempted to speak, but no words came out.

***

Twilight POV:

I couldn't manage to speak. Not only had Fluttershy actually done it, it had succeeded. If its possible, Fluttershy had asserted herself! How in Celestia's good name had she managed that. Either way, he loves me again. Good, maybe this insanity can go away...
"I wonder how Fluttershy is doing?" I asked.
"I really don't care." He mumbled.
"Why not? What did she do?" I quickly spat out.
"Because... I loved her, and she told me specifically to love someone else!"
"Yeah... She did, didn't she?"
"Yes, but I'm fine, I love you... And that was what should have happened from the beginning... I'm so sorry for putting you through all this drama..."
"Garret, it's fine, we're here now and that's all that matters!" I managed to whisper. Why did he make me lock up? Why is it that when he's around I just stumble?
"That's... The sweetest thing I have ever heard!" He whispered.
Soon, a pony with a check had come by. I paid the bill, and we left quickly. I was ready to go home, and I am sure that Garret would like some... Slow, serene, pony-less time... Maybe he could use some time without ponies, he might want some time.
Either way, I need to give him some space. I need time to reflect upon all of this.
"Garret, tonight... If you need to, you can stay at the library..." The way I said it, it really sounded like a question, not a statement.

***

Garret POV:

"... The library..." She asked. Was that a question, or a statement?
"Sure, I can drop by sometime way later. It will be really late, I like staying out late and glowing..."
"Sure, anytime... I have had sleep trouble lately anyways."
"Sure, an... Ah... I... I gotta go!" I squeaked.
"Bye... Love you!" She yelled as I took off. I had to get out of there, and quick. I caught a glimpse of Fluttershy, and I had to go. There is no way I am going to even talk to her right now. l
Did she just say she loved me? Flat-out, like it was no big deal? Does she not get I am still sad? Whatever, I got bigger pro-
I was plowed into, and knocked to the ground by a mint-green unicorn. She squealed, and lifted my hand with her magic.
"Oh. My... This is just amazing! Oh my gosh... How did you get here? How do you work your hands? Have you been here long? Ohmygosh!"
"Hmm... Who are you? That's my question!"
"I am Lyra Heartstrings, and I am really intrigued by... You!"
"Amazing, a pony curious about people. So, ask more slowly, and one at a time!"
"Okay! Um... I guess... How do you work your hands?"
"Simply, watch!" I wiggled my fingers and made fists. I poked her nose, and she sneezed.
"Cool! Um... Where did you come from?"
"Ha, Earth!"
"Of course, but where?"
"Just... America!"
"O...Kay... Um... Uh, um... Oh... Uh..." She passed out. Like, a Rarity faint. Weird, but I really gotta go.
I pushed her off of me, and stood up. I walked toward Sugarcube Corner. Another twenty minute walk, with my mind roaming free. I thought about Twilight. Maybe I could do something nice before I get back. It could happen, I could pick some flowers or something.
As I crossed through the town square, I was knocked back onto the ground.
"Hey, you left me. You didn't let me finish asking questions!" Lyra's cheery voice popped through my head.
"Fine, what else do you want to know?" I groaned.
"What's it like to be a person?" She said quickly.
"I... Well, it's quite an experience to say the least. It can be fun, or it can be ve-"
"Short version please? I do have things to do after this!" She moaned.
"Okay, it is good, in my opinion. If you want to know more, ask later. It's fun usually. I would rather be a person than anything else, too."
"I wish I could be a human, it would be so much fun! I wish I could be like you!"
"Why?"
"It's just because I like people... A lot!" She turned away from me.
"Can I please get up? Its hard to breathe down here..." I laughed.
"Oh! Sorry!" She moved off of me. Maybe she could be a new friend?
"Yeah, want to see something cool about people?"
"Yes! A million times yes!" She squealed.
I stretched a moment, then I pulled my leg backwards. I pulled my foot onto the back of my head. I am quite the flexible guy.
"Amazing! It's just so... Amazing!" She passed out, again! I stared at her. Why does she want to know so much? She is more inquisitive than Twilight!
I looked at her, her cyan mane splattered on the ground. I wonder why she's so fascinated about me? What is it that fascinates her about me? It really fascinates me that she's so happy to learn about me. I guess I have someone - somepony to talk to about this. I could tell her about Earth, and she would love my company.
Well, what should I do for the rest of the day? I don't want to go to Sugarcube Corner anymore. I want to talk to Twilight, but I also want to see Dash, and I want to speak to Pinkie Pie, I could use the attention of someone who's got ADD.

***

Pinkie POV:

A soft knock at my door. Maybe somepony is here to keep me company? Good! I need somepony to talk to right now!
I opened the door, and I saw Garret's happy face smiling with some new clothes!
"Hey, whatcha doin'?" Garret said.
"I'm just taking the day to think about a lot of stuff. I could use somepony to talk to actually..." I trailed off.
"Sure, what do you need?"
"Is it strange to not want a stallion?"
"What do you mean?"
"It feels... Awkward, I don't feel anything for any stallions!"
"Oh, trust me... Not liking stallions is just fine!"
"What makes you say that?"
"Oh, I just know someponies who don't like stallions! Trust me, it wouldn't be a big deal..."
"Thanks for the info, but now I gotta keep thinking..." I giggled.
Sometimes Garret makes my day bright, just by being here. He's like my brother, the one I never had. I... Never had a brother...
My hair dropped, and my face went melancholy.
"Are you okay? What's wrong?" Garret whispered.
"I don't have a brother... I don't have anyone to look up to... I don't have a knight, a... Brother..." I whispered.
"Pinkie, I am your brother... I'm here if you need me, anytime..." He smiled.

***

Boom, it just got real. Again thanks to Earthstar. Went with an idea of hers and I like how it plays out. I have used wiki for some info on some characters. Lyra Heartstrings is quite the odd little pony. After some research, I found she was quite silly, and I enjoy writing her.

Dedicated: Earthstar.

Dedicated:Ben

This is LT, signing off.