Chapter 27: Somehow I Must

Sorry about the length of the previous chapter, but I cannot let the server update twice, or it deletes all of my work. Which means I have to write, update, edit, and post without checking my account. Hate the wattpad app. Specifically. I hate your app. Listen to me, fix the app, or I swear I'll use fanfiction.net.

***

Garret POV:

Changelings, they caused all this trouble. They caused me to hurt, and hurt Lyra too. I have to stop all this, and I know that there aren't any good ways. So I just have to live with it. Simple enough.

"Lyra... You up yet?" I asked, my hair stuck to my wound.
"Y-Yeah... Why?" She mumbled.
"We're going back to Canterlot."
"W-Why?"
"I need to talk to Celestia, and quickly."
She nodded, and we quickly got ready. Soon, we were out the door, and on our train ride there.

________

"So... Um, what do you wanna do 'till we get there?" Lyra asked.
"Well apparently we have to keep the changelings away."
"Y-Yeah... But... I don't know, it just seems... Weird..."
"Why? It wasn't weird yesterday."
"B-Because we know there's somepony watching, or at least feeling us..."
"Yeah, but it wasn't strange when Twilight was just across the room?"
"N-N... Yeah, it actually was..."
"Exactly."
"But I'm just feeling so... Upset about it."
"Don't be... I'm here for you." I reached out and wrapped my arms around her. She's got to calm down.
"Garret, you know somepony out there is... There..."
"And we're here."
She smiled. She's used to who I am now, recently she understood it. I'm not one to care what most people think. Even when people laughed at me, I was resilient. Lyra likes that about me, she really does.
"Garret, do you think that Twilight still wants to be with you?"
"I know she still wants to be with me."
"But then... Why aren't you with her?"
"Because, if I was with her, I couldn't be with you."
"But... I..." She blushed. "But... What makes me better than her?"
"Everything... You're nicer, safer, simpler, less crazy, and you love me regardless of what I say or do." She couldn't keep it in anymore, she fainted.

***

Celestia POV:

Garret had found his way back to me, once again. He needed my advice, once again. But this time, I had no advice to give.

"About the changelings, do you have any way to fix all of this?" He asked.
"N-No, I do not. I am very sorry, but I have absolutely no clue what to do. I guess as long as you keep Lyra happy, you won't perish."
"Yeah, and about that... Any way to stop the eternal night?"
"With my magic not working, no. There isn't..." I trailed off. Unless he could? Maybe. Its worth a shot.
"Garret, come with me. We need to-"
It happened so quickly. The changelings broke in and began to attack Garret. But the next event was unexpected.

***

Garret POV:

The moment I noticed a changeling touch the floor of the main chamber, I had begun glowing. I let my veins scream with the light that clouded my heart. I let it flow from my body until it was ready.

I pulled my arms to my chest, and threw my arms and legs outward, upon this happening, the light barrier had been broken. A clap of sound had blown into my ears. I went unconscious.

_______

They were all scattered about the room. The changelings. I opened my eyes, my head screaming. Maybe if I hadn't tried to explode, I wouldn't have a headache. Maybe if my hair wasn't stuck to my skull with blood, I would have better judgement.

"Lyra... Lyra?" I paused, clutching my head. "Lyra!" I shouted.
"G-Garret?" I heard a moan from across the room.
"Y-Yeah?"
"G-Garret, I think you saved the day. But my head really hurts." I scanned her body, only minor scrapes and bruises. I looked at her head, which was a different matter entirely. Her forehead had a nasty wound, not unlike the one on my head.
Driven by pure passion, I stumbled outside. When I had walked into the courtyard, I looked into the beautiful night sky, my blood flaming. I looked around, Celestia was nowhere in sight.
I stumbled around, trying to find Celestia. She turned up laying on the grand staircase, her body limp. She was alive and conscious, but she was too weak to move.
"Celestia, I'm going to make this all better. I have the answer. I know what to do." I looked at her eyes, which were scanning my face.
"D-Do... I-I-It..." She said, her voice very weak.
I nodded, my body was trembling with anger. I was ready. I knew what had to be done. I stepped outside, and smiled.

_______

"Alright! I'm going to fucking do this!" I shouted. May these ponies excuse my language, but I am enraged, and I have to get worked up.
I began glowing more brightly than I ever have before, enough that it hurt. My body was burning, but I raised my hands to the horizon. I strained my body, and began to visualize the end result. I kept glowing, my body convulsing as I gritted my teeth. It was physically killing me, I could feel my life draining from my body as I kept glowing.
My eyes were burning, my body sweating. I could feel the whole world slipping from me, my arms raised to the horizon. I focused on the sun, knowing it was my only chance. Equestria's last chance was on my shoulders. I could feel energy rushing through my body like never before, and my arms were wobbling. There was no way I can fail, I have to survive. For Lyra. For Twilight.

The horizon slightly brightened, and so did my spirits. My body was completely enraged, but it only fueled me to becoming stronger than I have ever been. I looked at the slight yellow tinge in the horizon, and tried to pull it farther. It was draining more than just my energy, it was draining my life. I know it's worth it. Losing my life, just to save Lyra's. I kept pulling at the sun, and it kept pulling on my life.
The yellow tinge soon became a very small little yellow sliver. I shouted, loud and incoherently. The pain in my body was enough to make my cry. I had tears running down my face, sweat pouring out of my body, there was blood coming from my head-injury, I had begun... Urinating. The pain was intense, and I couldn't control myself.
I focused back upon the sun, and pulled. I shouted again, and the sun moved slightly again. The stars had begun to fade slightly. But my body was weakening, and my spirits were dampening. There isn't a single covering my body that wasn't exploding in pain. From the wound in my head to the ankles that were about to give. I continued pulling at the sun, and it continued to rise in the sky. Slowly, barely even noticeable to my eyes, but it was moving. I was shouting at the top of my lungs, and my veins were glowing as brightly as the sun was.
But I can't give up, Lyra needs me! I shouted even louder, and strained even harder. The pain increased greatly, and the sun moved a very little amount. But I can't quit, Twilight needs me! I strained harder, and my body was convulsing to the point of physically shaking. My whole body was shaking wildly. But I can't quit, Equestria needs me! My hands were shaking wildly, but still I focused on the sun. It slowly raised until it eclipsed the moon. It covered the moon, creating daylight for everypony. I had done it, I fixed everything.

My consciousness dropped instantly, maybe for the last time of my life.

***

*Crying* Is it all over? Stick around, you'll see how it all 'ends.'
The next chapter is the dividing one, you'll either love it to the point of bliss or hate it to the point of quitting. :3

Vote, comment, share, read, follow.

This is LT, signing off.