Lyra, Love, and Life

Two days later.

Lyra POV:

I lay in my bed, my eyes closed. Maybe it was a dream, maybe I was just imagining him. Maybe I should look somewhere else? I sat up and propped myself with my hooves back behind me. I slowly opened my eyes, my whole body tired. The moment my eyes cracked open, they went wide.
"Sleep okay?" Garret asked.
I squealed, Garret was sitting on the foot of my bed. Maybe it did happen, maybe I wasn't dreaming. He stared at me, eyes glistening.
"Y-yeah, I guess..." I barely managed to squeak out.
"You decided not to respond yesterday, so I stuck around until you could say something..." He said.
"What exactly do you mean?" I barely managed to whisper out, my heart racing.
"Well, actually I guess you kinda tried to respond... Either way, I had to carry you here..."
Why did I have to be asleep? I was in his arms, and I was asleep for it!
"Why bother carrying me here? Why didn't you just leave, I would have been fine..."
"Well that would have been no way to treat somepony like you!" He quickly said.
My head became light. "Wh-what?"
"Lyra, you're quite the odd pony. You eat meat, you like people, and to top it all off, you don't care what anypony thinks! No way can I just leave you asleep in public."

***

Garret POV:

I can't even begin to explain the turmoil in my body right now. I haven't been able to sleep in days, I can't get Lyra out of my head, but Twilight has my heart. I just can't explain it. I... Feel like something's wrong inside my chest, like something deep in me is twisting and grinding upon itself.
"Are you okay?" Lyra asked, as she cocked her head.
"Yeah, last time we talked, I was talking about... Confusion, right?"
"Y-yeah... I think so... Maybe?" She whispered.
"Because that's whats wrong now, I feel so conflicted."
"W-why?" She squeaked.
"Simply? Or do you want the full version?"
"Garret, I need to know everything!"
"Okay, here goes..." I drew a deep breath, and began to spit out words. "I love Twilight, but I like you. I hurt Fluttershy, and if I like you then I might hurt Twilight, and if I hurt Twilight I might die on the inside. If I die on the inside then it wouldn't matter if I like you I wouldn't be able to make you happy. I can't sleep, I haven't eaten since you fed me, I can't close my eyes without seeing you, and I keep thinking of Twilight." I drew another breath, "I want to go home... All I want to do is go home... I can't keep living here..."

***

Lyra POV:

"Garret... I think it's best if... You stay with Twilight..."
"No! Because... I just... You and her... And me..." He stuttered.
"Garret, please just... Do what you think is right..."
He stared at me for a moment, apparently in deep thought. He had a blank expression, and his mouth hang open slightly. After what seemed to be an eternity, he said, "Lyra, I know what I have to do. For a little bit, things are going to be terrible for you, but trust me things will improve! I think in time... Maybe... I gotta go, I'm going to come visit soon though..." He blushed, and said, "Love you..."
He turned to leave. I tried to summon the words to say anything to stop him, but my heart and mind were both frantically clutching at consciousness. He just said he loves me, and I can't even say it back!
"Guh..." I managed to choke out as he left the room.
He turned and looked at me, and when he did, I instantly began regretting stopping him. He was crying. Not in the sense of heavy tears and sobbing, but he was crying.
"Yes?" He said, his tone shaking and his hands trembling.
"N-Nothing... Sorry..." I looked down, at my bed. What did I just do?
He began leaving again.
I watched him leave, tears and agony hanging around him like

***

Twilight POV:

Garret said he had to do something important. He said it wouldn't take very long, maybe an hour. As if on call, he opened the door and walked in.
He was crying, why? What happened? Did somepony hurt him?
"Are you okay?"
"No, I'm not..." He whispered out from the doorway.
"What happened?"
"I... Talked to Lyra... And I think..." He trailed off.
I don't like where this is heading. "Garret, please don't tell me you are thinking... Of her?"
"Sort of... But not... I mean..." He paused, and gasped, "Simply put, I'm thinking of her, but not how you must be thinking I'm thinking!"
"What do you mean then?"
"She just wants happiness, that's all... She just... Can't find it, and she thinks I could help her. She has an undying devotion. But I love you, not her."
"But... I... Uh, you know I feel exactly the same way, right?" I squeaked out.
"What?" He asked simply.
"I need you for happiness, and you keep me sane. Without you I was a train wreck, remember?"
"Yeah... And I know that lately you haven't been talking to Sunset."
"Exactly!" I said as I stood from the sofa.
"Maybe I need to say this though..."
"Anything!" I said as I walked toward him, slowly.
"I think maybe I need something to clear my head. Some kind of release. I need to lose myself, just for a little bit."
I stopped, and straightened my posture. The only way he's ever done that is to leave. He wants to leave. Again. After all the fighting I did to get him, I'm going to lose him again.
"I think... Pinkie needs to throw a party, another one."
I inwardly sighed, at least he doesn't want to leave. "Okay, sure. Lets to talk to her."
"Sure, I'm going now!" He said as he turned to the door. I cast a teleportation spell, I recently read up and practiced.

(Again, take a small break. Get a drink, pet an animal, get a snack, or just look around, but take a small fifteen-twenty second break. Makes this flow better sorry for interrupting :3 )

***

Garret POV:

I squealed, suddenly we went from the Library to Sugarcube Corner in seconds.
"Twilight? What just happened?" I asked.
"Magic! Plain and simple."
I nodded, and looked around the inside of the shop. Cakes, pies, and, of course, cupcakes filled the space in the building.
"Pinkie?" I shouted.
I heard quick footsteps, and even more quickly Pinkie appeared directly in front of me, from out of nowhere.
"Yes?" She giggled.
I squealed, and fell back onto my hind-end. She giggled again, and stared at me.
"You okay?" She asked timidly.
"Yeah, I'm fine... I'm just wondering if you can start a party, and within the hour."
"Well of course silly!" She excitedly squeaked out.
I smiled, of course she can help. My smile faded quickly, and my paranoia kicked in, a party can't hurt...

Can it?

***

And that's the chapter. Done and done. Quite a bland ending, I know. But it sets up my next chapter, which is STUFFED with new happenings... I can guarantee this next chapter will cause some of you to have to go soul-searching... Of course I'm kidding, but this next chapter is the one that leads to the more-Garret-focused and more... Story-based chapters.
-_- I need to sleep, its like... Ten P.M. and I'm going to bed... So that's happening... Give me any requests!

Rate/Comment/Vote/Share! All of this would be appreciated! Comments are my favorite though!

Love to all my Little Ones! This is LT, signing off!