2-2: I'm not Great. I'm not Powerful. But I know that now.

Garret POV:

"Oh my..." I said. "Twilight! Twyuh-Lightuh!" I shouted.
She bolted into the room. "Whatwhatwhatwhatwhat?!" She quickly spat out.
"Is this normal?" I asked her about the levitating book in front of me. It had a deep-midnight black aura around it. A very light-sapping darkness around it.
She gasped, her jaw dropped. "N-No. It isn't, really. How did you do that?"
"I just wanted to pick the book up, and it just... Moved."
"Do it again! Do it again!" She yelled.
"O-Okay." I looked at another book, and urged it to lift. It did, slowly coming to eye-level, wrapped in the same deep black. "See?!"
"Y-Yeah, uh... I do see, but um... That's not normal."
"You think?" I sarcastically asked.
"You don't have a horn! How can you use magic?"
"Eh... Maybe it's... Because of what I was, not what I am."
"Of course! You still think and act human! Maybe it has to do with your humanity!"
"Maybe... But check it out! I can make stuff fly!"
"Can you do what you used to?"
I willed myself to glow, but nothing happened. I strained harder, but books just began flying wildly around the room, very fast.
"Uh, no. But I can make that happen."
"Well it's gonna work, we can find ways to make this useful."

***

The Great and Powerful Trixie POV:

"Oh, I hope Twilight doesn't hate me. Celestia please don't let her hate me." My mind was nervous beyond repair, my whole body was shaking slightly. "She can't hate me, she caaan't." I whimpered. I was talking into a mirror, my face was sad. But I'm sure it's going to be okay, I'm sure of it.
I'm just so alone now. There's nopony left for me, and all I make is enemies. I can't let it end like this, I have to have somepony, and Twilight was the best pony out there. She was... Different.
The caravan slowly rolled along, guided my my magic. It stopped directly in the center of Ponyville. I can get where I have to go from here on hoof.
"Please don't let her hate me!" I threw on my hat and cape, prepared for the hate that would strike me down. That's always what happens. Everypony hates me, it's normal now. Second nature of depression, it clings to my body.

***

Garret POV:

There was a knock at the door, but it was quiet and melancholy. There was an air of depression coming from the knock, a literal aura of depression coming from behind the door, I could feel it. I sung the door open, and was greeted by a new visitor!
"Woah! And who are you?" Trixie said, her voice ecstatic.
"I-I'm Garret, and you are?"
"I'm the Great and Po-" She paused, "No, I'm not great and powerful, I'm just Trixie."
"Well hello, 'Just Trixie,' nice to meet you."
"It's even better to meet you." She slowly and carefully said. I don't like the way she said 'you...' It seemed too... "Happy" For my standards of a first meeting.
"Twilight! You have a visitor!"
"Who is it?!" She yelled from the other room.
"It's Trixie!"
"Close the door then!" She shouted, not just loud, but angry. Even hateful!
"Come in." I whispered, and slammed the door when she got in. "And stay out." I yelled and winked to Trixie. She nodded.

Of course I know who she is, but I've seen her good side too. I really side with Trixie now, like... She shouldn't be hated.
Twilight walked into the room, "I thought I told you to get lost!" She seethed.
"But everypony deserves a chance." I said.
"She had hers already!"
"But I just wanted to make reparations for my... Former self's actions."
"Uh... What?" I asked.
"I'm a changed pony! I'm different now! I'm not great. I'm not powerful. I'm 'the Depressive and Alone Trixie' now."
That hit my heart, but Twilight apparently wasn't buying into it.
"Trixie, this is the second second chance you've wanted from us. Please keep whatever dignity left that you have, and just go home."
"There's no home left. All I have is me... Everypony I knew is gone, or dead, or hates me. Twilight... I..." She stopped, sunk her head and left quietly. "I'm not going to stay gone. I'm going to stay in Ponyville for a long time..." She said as the door shut.
I was crying. "Twilight... That was brutal."
"That was rather brutal." She replied. "But I can't let her even begin to repair what she thinks she can. She's tried this same game many times over, and it doesn't work out well for us."
"I understand, but... Jeez!" I paused a second. "You know..."
"Know what?"
"That she seemed truly sorry, and then some."
Twilight shrugged, "I don't care."

***

The Depressive and Alone Trixie POV:

"Why couldn't she see past it this time? I can't just say it, I cant'!" I shouted into the mirror. "She doesn't seem to understand what she is to me. She's the dividing light between happiness and secluded aloneness." I whimpered to myself.
"I know I'm not perfect, and I'm sure that she has a right to hate me, but for these past couple years, it's just been... Difficult not to think of her! She's... Infectious. Which is a good thing!" I collapsed to the floor. "I... Love a mare, and not only that, she's my arch-nemesis! Please, release me from this curse! Celestia! Help me!" I shouted from the floor. I know nopony cares, that's the way it needs to be. I don't want pity, and I don't want acceptance, I just want somepony to love. Anypony.
"Speaking if anypony... Who was that beautiful stallion?" I questioned, "Never seen him before, but wow... He was a sight to behold. Maybe I don't need Twilight. But... He was living with her, so maybe..." I began crying, holding a pillow between my hooves. "Anything but that! Not both of them... With one-another!"

***

Garret POV:

"Well hello beautiful!" Trixie said as I opened the door.
"I see that you don't keep things on the inside, apparently?"
"Nope. Not when it comes to you anyways."
"You just met me! There's no way you can know how you act around me."
"Just let me come in. I need to talk to Twilight."
I nodded, "Twilight, Applejack's here!"
"Coming!"
She slowly walked down the stairs, and at the sight of Trixie said, "Nope. Please leave."
So I decided to pick sides in this. "Twilight, listen to what she has to say. Or I will."
"Then listen, because I won't. No bucking way!" She ran back upstairs.

___________

"This is quite a nice little restaurant!" Trixie said.
"Y-Yeah, but I feel so uncomfortable..."
"Well why? Somepony as nice as you shouldn't be uncomfortable in public!"
"Not public, just this joint."
"Why though?"
"It was this restaurant that got... Nah, it doesn't matter. I'm good, all cozy again."
"Well anyways, you said you wanted to hear what I have to say?"
"Y-yeah."
"Then I can explain it, here we go..." She took a very-cartoonish deep breath and said "Well, when I first came to Ponyville, I had a very narcissistic egomaniacal self-centered view upon the world, which led to me being hated. But Twilight hated me, but I thought she was beautiful. Not love, but a crush. You know, fluttering hearts and blushing? Yeah, anyways, when I left, those feelings didn't. I was shut down, like I wasn't the same pony anymore when I left. When I left, I became what I am now, and everypony hated me, and I got all depressed, but thinking about Twilight would pull me from depression. But it isn't actually her, its just somepony. I don't want love necessarily, I just want to be happy with somepony else..." She took another deep breath, "And now I'm here to tell her everything. All of it, and how I have a crush on her." She paused, "But now..."
"Now?"
"I don't think she's the one for me."
"Well, you'll find somepony, I just know it."
"That's just it, I think I found sonepony, but I know there's not even a slight chance that he would be okay with it."
I shrugged, "See, I've got somepony. I've already been through this, and I know what it's like."
Her face sank, "Of course. You've got somepony... That's the story of my life..." She mumbled.
And it hit me, a sucker-punch. Her depressive story, and her depressive life. She was talking about how she just wanted somepony, anypony. She was sick of being alone. And instead of wanting love, she just wants happiness. Huh! I'd have thought she'd wait for her Prince Charming. But now she's looking to me, not for advice, not for help, but for my heart. Which I know I shouldn't give her.
"Uh... Yeah... Me and Twilight are together... She kinda saved my life. Well... Would you like to hear the full story?"
"S-Sure..."
I took a deep-cartoony breath. "Well, I went to the castle with Lyra, who I was dating at the time, and talked to Celestia. It was the endless night, and I was hoping to find a way to stop it. She told me to follow her, and I did, and Changelings had burst into the room. So I began to glow, with my old power. I glowed brighter and brighter, then exploded, causing the light-speed barrier to be broken, which made a massive force erupt from my body. An-"
"That's how you died?"
"No! I looked for Lyra, and she was all hurt, so I went to her, and she said to fix all this or something. So I looked for Celestia, and told her I knew how to fix all this. She said to do it, all weakly. So I went outside, and began raising the sun."
"You raised the sun?!"
"I raised the sun, but using all that power and energy caused me to like... Melt or something, and I died. But Twilight brought me back. Which is where we are now. She made me a pony. I'm unsure of the details, my memory isn't all here." I tapped my head.
"Y-You saved Equestria?"
"Everypony says that, but I don't know why, I don't think I did. All I did was try to help Lyra and Twilight. I wasn't doing it to save anypony, I just wanted to get the sun back up so I could focus on other things, I think... Or something?" My voice cracked.
"G-... What's your name?"
"Garret."
"What an odd name for a pony."
"I wasn't a pony when I got that name."
"True enough. But, eh... Yeah, never mind about the whole thing I was talking about."
"Y-Yeah, I'd rather just pretend that it didn't happen." I paused a moment. "No! You know what, if you like me, like me. It's no big deal, and I think it might make life interesting! I mean, what harm could it do?" My voice cracked again.
"Twilight could hate me forever, you could call me crazy with the way I might obsess."
"I dealt with Lyra, for like seven chapters." And out comes the fourth wall! "There's no way you could be worse than that."
(A//N: Garret is aware that he is in a book, in case you did know. And be aware that I may have him speak like I just did. But he doesn't mind, Pinkie Pie also knows about the Fourth Wall... :P)
"Excuse me, but what did she do?"
"Eh... She stalked me for like... Weeks, and watched every move I made, and then she stole my heart." I paused, "Figuratively, of course."
"Now... I can't be worse than that. Maybe it couldn't hurt. I don't know though, because again... You aren't going to get with me, ever."
"Story-time! Ready?" She nodded, "So when I first came here, I liked Twilight, slept next to her. But then I liked Fluttershy, then Twilight again, then Lyra, then Twilight, and now here we are. I haven't really the ability to lock my heart down. I mean, I'm saying... Its not going to be never, just unlikely."
"Is that much different?"
"Was it likely for me to raise the sun?"
She shrugged happily, "Well then... I guess it's time to talk to Twilight, now that you know my story, she needs to hear it."
"Mm-hm, but lets eat first." I reminded her.

_______________________________________

"Twilight, you need to come hear this."
"No, she had her chance, and its gone."
"You really might want to hear what I have to say." I said in a sing-song tone.
"Fine! I'm coming down, but if Trixie says a word, it won't be good. I might do something we'd all regret." She came down from her bedroom, and I followed her down, to see Trixie sitting on the sofa.
"Alright, Trixie, stop me if I mess up." She nodded. "Trixie came here, a 'Narcissistic egomaniacal self-centered pony' and she made everypony hate her. But she had a crush on you, but it was okay that she didn't say it. But when she left, she got depressed, then everyone hated her. And with nopony to cheer her up, it only got worse. But in getting worse, it got brighter, because she had the thought of you to cheer herself up. And when she finally came back, you were being rude, but again... It didn't matter because she found somepony else to gawk at, and to fantasize about having." Trixie nodded, blushing like crazy, but unable to interrupt me.
"And who would that be?" Twilight asked.
"Uh... The pony who apparently 'saved Equestria.'" I quoted the 'saved Equestria' part.
Her jaw dropped. "Trixie, I'm not going to go through this. I'm serious, if you draw Garret away from me I swear that it'll be your last day alive." She calmly said.
"Twilight, it won't be her luring me away from you. It'll be the same thing that happened between me and Lyra. You driving me into somepony else."
Her jaw dropped again. "Garret... Trixie's going to leave now. That kinda hurt, really bad. I think maybe it'd be for the best if she left before I destroy her. "
"No, I'm going to leave... Actually, I'm thinking about doing something crazy. Its utterly crazy, but I might just do it." I said.
She glared at me. "Garret, please don't leave. Not again. If you leave, you can't come back. I swear this is the last time."
"Then... As much as it kills me to say it, I think this is the last time you'll ever see me. Goodbye Twilight, for the final time."

***

Twilight POV:

Wow. I bucked that all up. I shouldn't have done that. I shouldn't have said that. But it's already done. I guess that's a bad thing. I can't have my dream stallion, I made him by hoof, and lost him in seven days. To my arch-nemesis. I hate Trixie, so very much.

I might just have to solve this one, the easy way.

***

Garret POV:

Trixie's caravan is quite the amazing structure on the inside. Bland, but roomy. It's big, very large on the inside. Which is quite a good thing. Because I'm fond of open rooms, I'm slightly claustrophobic.
"Trixie, I have a question."
"Yeah?"
"Ehm... Am I living here now?"
"Of course, silly!"
"Well then where am I sleeping?"
"The bed?" She sarcastically said.
"Of course! Duh... And uh... What exactly am I doing here?"
"What do you mean, Garret?"
"Eh... I mean, at the Library I had things to do. Jobs, chores, or at least excitement."
"You'll see soon enough, what we do for a living."
I don't like the sound of that. "Okay... Well, what to do now?"
"I want to know about you. Tell me your whole life story!"
"Well you see..." I began the story, from the farthest back I can remember, which isn't that far.

***

So... Um... *crying* that just happened.