3-10;

"This tyranny ends now." Celestia looked in the mirror. "You must change the course of the future. You must end yourself. Not in the way you think. Do not kill yourself. It's much simpler. Make your student one of your kind. Do it!" She head-butted the mirror and broke the glass. "Celestia. Calm down. You've just been at this for much too long. You just need to take a break. A decade. Maybe two. You've earned it. Give Twilight time to adjust."

(*Ahem* That's called foreshadowing. Mark it down in your head what was just said.)

***

Garret PoV:

I set the note down. Apparently I'm to find the rest of these papers. Seven in all. One down. The papers, once all found, the obelisk will glow.

I took one step and heard the crunch of my hoof echo throughout the forest. I'm going to have to be quiet. I don't know what's out there, and I don't intend to figure out.

I walked for minutes before I looked into the distance and studied the trees off in the distance. Was that a tree? Was it? It was tall, and the correct color. But was it a tree?

I sighed and kept walking, stumbling upon a second note. I looked at it. It was simple. The same tall, thin frame with black fur and a white face. Strange, but hey, so is Lyra. I wonder if its actually a real pony?

Does it matter?

***

Twilight PoV:

"He'll be fine and that's true, but all this worrying won't be good for you." Zecora spoke in rhymes, her normal speech. "But if he is weak, he will not make it through the week." But the rhymes were still rather annoying. I haven't said it yet, but her rhyming makes me want to just... Explode.

"Thanks." Was the only thing I could think to say. I turned and walked away from her hut, touching the door before she interrupted me.

"You won't leave, he needs a hero. If you go now you'll be a zero." Her voice was calm.

I internally groaned and turned around, "Who. Who needs a hero?"

"The Hero. He needs you..." A strange voice called. It was insect-like, evil. "If you don't help him, I get to keep him forever." The voice came from everywhere and nowhere.

"And there's only one way. You've got to save The Hero of the Day. Come, look into my brew to see what's in store for you." The Celestia-damned rhymes!

"Sure..." I breathed out. "What does the stew say?"

"Brew." Her tone was sharp. "Look inside, just let it talk to you."

I sighed and looked I tithe boiling liquid. The viscous liquid pulled at my consciousness. I let the brew do what it does.

***

Twilight PoV:

I opened my eyes and couldn't see the sun. My eyes were just fine, the sun just wouldn't appear. The trees were blocking it. Great. Trust Zecora.

"Where are yooooou?" Garret's voice rang out in my ears, singsong and happy, yet sick and twisted.

"I'm here!" I shrieked and stood up quickly. I couldn't see him, but he was nearby.

He quickly tackled me down and laughed wildly, "Twilight!" His voice was twisted and insane. He sounded like a stereotype madman.

"Garret!" I squealed, ignoring the insanity and smiling warmly.

"Twilight!" He squealed. His eyes were flaming. "Hey! Oh uh! Shit... Um! Notes! Find them!" He stood up and took off, ignoring me almost completely. "I have six of seven!"