2-7: Unforgiven

Vera POV:

"May I ask who you are?" Luna said.
"You know who I am... Think hard."
"Uh..."
"You've seen me before."
"Chrissy?"
"Nope. I go by Vera now."
"Were you Chrissy?"
"Nope. But I know you know who I am. You've heard of me, definitely.."
"Uh... Are you..."
"Lemme give you a hint: Everyone says I saved the world. I don't think I did, but everyone says I did."
"Garret?!" Luna shrieked.
"Yep."
"Well who's the lucky man?"
"Ehm... Not a man, they're definitely not a man."
"You're marrying a woman?"
"Yeah."
"You know this will be the first lesbian marriage, correct?"
"Of course! First royal lesbian marriage."
"No, it's the first homosexual marriage in Equestria." She said calmly.
"I'm going to be part of the first lesbian marriage... Ever?"
"Yes. And Equestria is ready to accept you."
"I... It's an honor. Really, Luna it is an honor to have this type of acceptance."
"Well I am glad to be the one to give you the respect and honor for all of this."
"Luna, do you even know who I'm marrying?"
"No idea. I have absolutely no idea."
"Want to guess?"
"Please just tell me that it isn't Twilight?"
"No..."
"Hmm... Is it even a friend of Twilight's?"
"No..."
"Is it... I really don't know, please tell me?"
"Lyra Heartstrings. She's a human-obsessed, social-outcasted unicorn."
"Hmm... Weren't you a pegasus?" Luna cocked her head.
I flapped my wings. Still there. "I'm kinda still one, in a sense."
"Of course."
"When is the marriage? Nobody's told me a thing about it." I said.
"Well it's... In less than an hour, actually."
"Less than an hour?!" I shrieked. "I don't even have a dress!"
"You do realize you're in a castle... Filled with mares... Correct?"
"Mares! Not women!"
"Vera, calm yourself. I'm sure it'll all be fine."

***

Lyra POV:

"You can't do this! I'm the bride!" I shouted at a guard. He was telling me I couldn't come in, because of 'Precautionary Measures to ensure the wedding goes smoothly.'
"You are not the bride. If you are, then tell me the... Ah! Tell me the grooms name!"
"Garret, or now it's Vera, since he's a woman."
"Are you insane?"
"N-Well kinda, but I am the bride!"
"Vera, huh? Well tell me the full name of the bride!"
"Lyra Heartstrings. Simple! That's my name!"
"Okay, okay... Sheesh." He sighed, "But I still can't let you in."
"Yes you can." Called Celestia.
"P-Princess, this being was attempting to break into the castle."
"And now she can come willingly in." The princess said sternly.
"Of course I can! I'm getting married tonight!"
"You? You are the one our hero is marrying?" Celestia asked.
"Yep."
"Well it's nice to meet you, please come inside the castle."
I slowly stepped past the castle doors into the interior of the grand building. "You do know what happened to Garret, right?"
"Probably, but in case I didn't hear, tell me."
"He's a woman. When I made us people, it made him a woman for some strange reason. I couldn't really explain why, but yeah..."
"He's... A mare now?"
"No, he's a human again, like I finally am. It's probably news to you..."
"Yes, this is news to me. But enough about me, we should be talking about you. You're the one who's about to get married! Amazingly, nothing has gone wrong yet." Celestia said.
"Yeah, usually by now there's a big conundrum and we all get drug into some crazy scheme that someone decides might help themselves. But then Vera fixes everything. Always what happens."
"Yes, that's very spot-on for life in Equestria. Hmm... I wonder why nopony ever keeps track of this, records it. Because I swear it would make a very watchable program. Wow... I just blew my own mind." Celestia began mumbling to herself after this statement, and she began walking away.
It is surprising that nothing bad has happened yet. Usually something bad happens by now, but nothing has happened yet, so maybe this wedding can go in peace. But of course not, its just not part of my life to have something the easy way.

***

This... Isn't the end if the chapter... Just wanna say I'm really tired.

***

3rd POV:

"Do you, Lyra Heartstrings, take Garret 'Vera' Anderson to be your lawfully wedded wife?"
"I do."
"Do you, Garret 'Vera' Anderson take Lyra Heartstrings to be your lawfully wedded wife?"
"I do."
"Is there anypony who can see a reason the marriage shouldn't continue?"
"I can!" Someone called.

***

Ooh! Cuh-Liff-Hang-Gar! And now... Derping 'Round till next chapter!

Vote/Comment/Share/Follow/Message

Love you all! <3