Strange Habits

Hello! This story suddenly got a vote, surprised me quite a bit, to say the least. This story is far from over, just so you all know.
Garret is meant to be an average person. You, or I, or anyone for that matter...

***

Garret POV:

I knocked on Fluttershy's door, my mind made up. I had to tell her how I felt. I know what will happen the moment I tell her though, and it will make things strange.
*rapraprap*
No answer.
*rapraprap*
The door came open, Fluttershy with a frown on her face. She looked upset, she looked... Down... Almost as if she had been hurt, like someone had crushed her dreams. She looked hopeless, her mane dirty, messy, and uncouth. Her expression read depression, and he had a sad tone to her voice. She had a slouch in her posture.
"Hello? Garret, what brings you here?" Her voice quivering.
"I have to tell you something, it's about the other day."
"Yes? What do you need?"
"I have made my decision..."
"And? Garret, please just tell me..."
"I think I love you..." I barely squeaked out.
Her posture was normal, her face brightened, and she instantly said, "But... Why?"
That's what I was afraid of, not the reaction, the why. I don't honestly know so I whispered, "Because you are the best, most beautiful, kindest, sweetest, most caring pony in all of Equestria..."
Well, way to say some shit, Garret! Pulled that out of your ass, and it might just save it later.
"I thought that's what you felt about Twili-"
"No, forget about Twilight. She doesn't matter to me, I just had a terrible lapse in judgement."
"S-So you like me?"
Wow, that's a tough one. No, I think you are terrible, I just lied about loving you. No. I think I love you.
"Yes, I do. Twilight was just a thought, you are an emotion."
Even if I do like Twilight just as much as this yellow pegasus, Fluttershy is kinder. She has an open and accepting heart, unlike Twilight's analytical curious mind.
"I would love to stay but I have to leave, and tell Twilight the bad news."
I left, and began to pursue the unicorn.

***

Fluttershy POV:

"Oh. My. Celestia. Garret likes me, and we are apparently going to be together! Forever! There is no way I could be happier! But... What about Twi? She likes him too, and I don't want to hurt her feelings. But... I'm sure that Twilight can find someone else, I can't.
And anyways, even if Twilight likes Garret, Garret came to me, and likes me more. I... Love Garret, but maybe he is just lying to me. Maybe he just wants to play some sick joke on me.
No! He likes me, and I like him and we will be happy and N
nopony can tell me otherwise!"
I stood up, and looked out of my window. The sun was bright in the sky.

***

Garret POV:

"Twilight, I have something I have to tell you..." I am sure my face looked dead.
"Yes Garret?" She cocked her head, almost to show interest in what I have to say.
"I told Fluttershy something. I have to tell you the opposite."
"And that would be?"
"That I love her, not you."
"Ah well, no harm done. She will treat you right, and make your stay here more enjoyable."
While her words expressed happiness, and acceptance, her expression read bitter resentment.
"And I think I am going to live with her."
This apparently crossed the line.
"No, I simply won't allow it. You have to stay here for research purposes."
She thinks she has control over me?
"Now, I am leaving. You cannot stop me, and you will let me leave. Regardless of what you say or do, I am living with Fluttershy."
"No... You won't... You are going to live here. Under my rule. And no matter what, you are not going to live with Fluttershy. For research purposes you must stay here." Her expression stern.
Now I was irate! I began to walk away. I pushed open the door, and left. The moment I opened the door I was knocked unconscious.

***

Twilight POV:

So sorry Garret, but you can't leave. I won't let you. You will stay here, and you will love me. I am so sorry for Fluttershy too, but she lost her chance with you when you first got here. I love you, and that's the way it shall be. You will love me, and I will love you, that's that.
Listen to yourself Twilight! Let the poor man leave! Just go get some sleep. Let yourself rest. Let Garret make his own mistakes, and come crawling back to you.
You know he will. Just like everypony else does when they need help. They all ignore you, then beg for help. For now this will have to do, until he tells you why.

***

Garret POV:

My head was pounding. Dear god, please get this headache to go away. I looked around. I was in Fluttershy's home. Apparently Twilight did let me leave. I don't know what what her problem was, but she had one. She knocked me out. I know now what happened.
She didn't want me to leave, so she knocked me out. But she still let me end up here. But... Where is Fluttershy?
"Hello? You here?" I said.
"No, Fluttershy is gone right now, but I'm watching you until she returns." Rainbow Dash called from a different room. I don't know why, but she seemed happy to watch me.
"Well, what's going on with Dashie lately?"
"Well, I don't mean to brag... But I did something amazing yesterday!"
"And that would be?"
"I discovered something, something amazing!"
"What. Did. You. Discover?"
"That... I don't know if I should tell you..." She seemed to be unconfident.
"Just tell me, I promise to keep it a secret!" I whispered.
"Applejack... Likes me too!" She squealed.
"Wow, that's great for you. Uh, actually I am having some romantic troubles right now."
"Ah, a girl from home?"
"No, someone from here."
"Wait... Twilight?"
"Nooo..."
"Who?"
"F-Fluttershy."
She glared at me. "Really? Everypony in the world and you have to choose her?"
"Because... I love her, I just do. She is kind and sweet, that's something you can't find on Earth..." A single tear rose in my eyes.
"Oh, I'm so sorry... I didn't mean to-"
"It... It's fine, don't worry about it. I just love Fluttershy, and that's that."
"O-Okay... Well, we both found love, I guess."
"Yeah, I guess we did..."
Conversation died, and I just lay there, not wanting to talk to Dashie. My whole head hurt from Twilight's contribution. I don't understand quite what happened. Did she cast a spell, or did she hit me? My head hurts too much for it to just be a hit.
Dash had apparently noticed my troubles, since she had to ask me, "What's wrong? You seem so... Down."
"Oh, it's nothing, I'm just confused."
"Wanna talk about it?"
"Maybe..."
"Tell me!" She asked quickly.
"Okay, jeez. I like Fluttershy and she likes me. But I liked Twilight and she still likes me."
"Oh, that makes sense... But why Fluttershy?"
"Because I just like her."
"Not what I meant! I mean, why is Fluttershy making this weird?"
"She isn't, I am. Since I am human, and she is equine, it is just so... Strange for me."
"Okay, I understand..."
"When does Fluttershy get back?"
Like I even need to ask. "She should be back any minute now. She said she was going to hurry."
I figured. "So, I haven't got to talk to you much. Tell me about yourself."
"Well, I am the fastest flier in all of Equestria, and the most awesome pony in all of Ponyville. I have a tortoise for a pet, and he's the coolest pet ever. I have a house here in Ponyville, since they are cheaper than Cloudsdale houses. Pinkie Pie is my best friend, but I am kinda like Fluttershy's protector. I like flying. App-"
"Excuse me... I'm back..." A soft voice whispered.
Good. She's back, now I can shut Dashie up for a minute. Maybe Fluttershy wants to see my power.
"Hey, you two wanna see something cool?" I asked.
"Yeah! Yes, I do!" Rainbow Dash screamed.

***

So, chapter done! It's a little short, but its done. Hooray! No true A/N this time... :(

This is LT signing off!