Glistening Starlight

A//N/ This chapter is kinda... Different. As a note now, it involves a heavy topic, and should be treated as such. Bomb if you want, enjoy! :)

***

Garret POV:

3 Days Later:

Life has been good. Spike came back to Ponyville a couple days ago. Fluttershy and I are happy together, and Twilight hasn't said much about us. I still feel uncomfortable with this, and Shy understands that. She seems just as uncomfortable with this as I am, but we love each other. Rainbow Dash keeps telling me about how awkward things are for her too. At least she likes someone of the same species. Same gender too, but same species.
I have developed my powers a lot, the light can change color, intensity, and heat. I can use my light to burn, if I focus it. Twilight taught me how to focus it. It never hurts me, and I like the heat it makes me feel. While it doesn't hurt me, it can severely hurt others. I can literally melt skin, and I can make it burn ponies.
Discord hasn't done anything, and neither has Luna. I think Rarity is starting to understand what she has with Spike. Rarity said something to me about him. Everypony has begun to trust me with their secrets. They tell me anything they need to talk about.
Rainbow Dash loves Applejack, who loves her back, but neither of them will make a move. Rarity thinks she likes Big Mac, but she likes Spike too. Spike likes Rarity, and Apple Bloom. Such a web of love going on, and I'm the only one who knows all of it. Twilight still doesn't like anyone, and it makes me sad to think about it.
I don't know what I am supposed to be doing. Celestia said that there was a reason I was here, but she wouldn't tell me what. She said that I am going to do something important, something that would change Ponyville forever.

***

Twilight POV:

Same thing I keep doing to keep track of Garret. Journal.
'Entry... I can't even remember anymore. I am unsure of whether or not I am even writing right now. I am unsure of everything right now. Am I even conscious?
Garret put a spell on me. I am mesmerized by him, and it has driven me crazy. I don't know how long I can keep the facade up. Everypony thinks I shall be fine but I am beginning to withdraw from reality. Paranoia, Insomnia, the voices. I am absolutely sure that I am going insane. Why did Garret choose her? Why... Why do I even care?
Nopony has ever done this to me, not even Discord. Why does it have to be Garret? Why not somepony else?'
I began crying.
'Why doesn't he love me? Why? It has to be her... Her...'

***

Garret POV:

The best place to think is the Everfree Forest. It is more serene than you would think, only occasionally do I run into trouble. Even when I do, through street fighting tactics and my power, I don't usually end up hurt. Rainbow Dash has taken the liberty of joining me on this trip, and she wants to talk.
"So... Can I ask you about something Garret?"
"Sure... Anything."
"Uh, do you think I have a chance?" She asked quietly.
"Yes." I knew what she meant.
"Yes? Why?" She cocked her head.
"Just trust me, you have a very good chance."
"I believe you, and you should know something..."
"Yes?"
"You are nicer than anypony I know, and I know Fluttershy."
"Wow... O-" I was taken by surprise by this next action. She hugged me, and she had tears streaming down her eyes. The tough Dashie was crying.
"Garret, you are my brother." She whispered.
"I... You are my sister... I don't know what else to say..."
"Look, it's fine... I respect you, and that's the way it is..." She released me.
"O-Okay... Just..." I couldn't even begin to imagine what to say.
Before I could say anything else I was knocked off my feet.
"This stays between us. If anypony finds out what I just did, it won't end well for you."
"Okay, I understand." Before I could say anything else. A sonic rainboom hit the sky and she was gone.
I was alone again, and unready to face the forest. The darkness was creeping in, and I needed to leave. I lit the forest up, and began to find my way out.