The Dash's Out of the Bag

2 days later, Garret POV:

Maybe it wasn't the best thing to do, start back with Twilight. But either way, what's done is done! I get to sleep at the Library, and Spike is a great roommate. Speaking of Spike, he really respects me lately. I got Rarity to go on a date with him. Ha, not actually a 'date' so much as spending time alone together. But after what happened at the Boutique, I think it had happened already...
Either way, he likes me. We get along really well. Pinkie's throwing a party for me and Twilight tonight. Applejack and Dash are going to be there, they told me its when they are going to open up to everypony.
Twilight helped me develop my power a little, it's great now. It's strange, my power. I can't actually create any light. I can bottle, and then release it. I absorb it at will, then I can use it later. It works like a sponge with water. It absorbs and keeps the water until it wants to spill it out.
I can take sunlight, or the light from candles, campfires, or anything else. It really is unique. Celestia sent me a letter about my power. It said something about how she tuned my power, and how it really is controlled by her job. She creates sunlight, which fuels my power.

"Garret! Wake up!" Twilight whispered, and she poked my forehead.
"What? I'm awake!" I squeak.
"You looked like you were asleep!"
"Nah, I was just thinking..."
"About?" She paused.
"Pinkie, and the party to tonight..."
"Oh, it will be fine!"
"It's not that, it's about something... That I can't talk about."
"Can you tell me?"
"No, I cannot... I just can't."
"Please?" She began to get irritated.
"No. I can't."
"Fine." She mumbled. Her horn began to glow, and my mind caught ablaze. It didn't really hurt it just felt like it was on fire, like when your leg wakes up after sitting too long. My mind was burning... When did that happen last? When she probed my mind!
"Oh my... Are they really?" She whispered.
"What?"
"Dashie... And Applejack..."
"Yes..."
"Why?"
"Love..."
"But... That is so grotesque."
"You of all ponies have no room to talk."
"Why's that?"
I paused a moment. "Because... At least they date in-species."
"Yes, but you know that there is a good reason that I don't."
"And what could that be?"
"You... You are the reason..."
"Yes, but what's the difference between them and us?"
"I... Is there a difference?"
"Exactly. Now... What's wrong with you?" I whisper.
"What do you mean?"
"You were crazy just a few days ago... What happened?"
"I... Don't know, but I'm any better right now. I just focus on you instead of the voices."
"Good, at least you found something else to focus on."
"Yes, because it really was driving me crazy."
"Oh! I have a question for you."
"Sure, what is it?"
"Is there... Alcohol in Equestria?"
"Of course, but it is more widely used as an antiseptic, or a painkiller than as a party-fuel."
"Ah, but it still can be used for other purposes?"
"In a sense, yes. But I don't see why you would want to know."
"Because we are going to have a party tonight, correct?"
"Ye- Garret... Are you doing what I think you're doing?"
"Yes, I am about to go somewhere really quick." I jumped up and ran toward the door before she could object.
I ran toward Sweet Apple Acres, and prepared to ask my question.
After a momentary pause to catch my breath, I knocked on the door to Applejack's home.
"Howdy, what d'ya need?" Her southern accent was quite happy.
"I was wondering if I could ask you some questions."
"Sure, come in." I walked into the home, and began my inquisition.
"So you harvest apples. And make things out of apples?"
"Yep."
"Do you make beverages?"
"Yeah, cider and the like."
"Well... What about wine? Or hard cider?"
"Well of course! What'd you take me for? Twilight?" She laughed.
"Here's my question then... Could we have some for tonight's little get-together?"
"Sure, I can bring some when I show up. How much do you think we'll need?"
"Not an excessive amount, just enough for about fifteen."
"Sure, I got ya covered! Anything else?"
"Nah, that's all I need for now."
"Can you do something for me if you get the chance?"
"Sure, what do you need?"
"There's a large amount of apples being delivered today. I was wondering if you could show up before us and tell the owner of the restaurant that we'll be coming."
"Is it the one I was just at a few days ago?"
"Probably, yeah."
"Alright, I'll get right on that." I said, and took off. Something about the air here... Makes it so much easier to run.
It took maybe eight minutes to get there. I pushed the door open, and asked a waiter where I can find the owner. I was directed to a door in the back of the room, and I tapped on the door.
"Come in!" A cheery voice lulled.
I did as instructed, and met the owner.
"I just need to tell you that Applejack has a shipment coming in today."
"Of course, we remember." The cheer suddenly dropped out of the pony's voice. "Does she not trust us?"
"I'm not sure, I really gotta go though."
"Oh, leave. Nopony needs you here."
What a rude thing to say.