2-17: Broken Beat & Scarred

Seth POV:

"Then, finally having turned his friend back into her normal self, and waiting to be released from the medical unit, Garret made his way home. He had been through hell in the past few weeks, and he knew the worst was behind him. Twilight and Lyra both had given him choices: He could finally have peace as a human and never changing again, or he could change one final time, irreversibly, and finally have peace as a pony. Neither choice is perfect, nor foolproof, but he knows exactly what's right. Some of his decisions have been the wrong ones, and he's made his mistakes, but he knows exactly who he is and what he stands for." I sigh and frown, "And even though this story gets molded by everyone but me, I know I have to take responsibility for everything. Grimdark isn't what I had set out to make this, and hopefully this next session will fix everything. And if it doesn't, I'm sorry. But I'd like you to know that the last few chapters were all based on what a few people specifically asked me for. Pinkamena was asked to be put in, so I did. And then my editors asked me to add/remove certain things. I told them to do it themselves. They actually did, and now we're here.
But I honestly hope this can be the sonata that repairs our author-to-reader bond. And if it doesn't, at least know its all over soon. Either the story, or something a bit more serious. Either one will solve this." I clear my throat and wipe tears from my eyes, "Well, h-here we go, the last few pieces before I start a parallel. I-I hope that you all forgive me. Alright, I'm gonna start now.
It's cold, Garret's been through quite a bit, and he knows tranquility's only a few minutes away, its within his reach. He's finally back in Ponyville, finally home and-"

***

Garret POV:
"Oh, I'm so glad to be home... It's been a long time." I quietly said to myself as I pushed the door open to the library. It's late at night, and I've been walking from Canterlot to Ponyville. It wasn't difficult to get home, I mean, it's not like I had to struggle. Just a simple walk, about twelve hours.
Instead of making a commotion coming in, I quietly closed the door and took my shoes off. I walked on the fronts of my feet and gently put my hand on the wall to keep from making noise. I slowly walked up the stairs, skipping the squeaky top one. I had slowly made my way to the door to her bedroom, and gently pushed on it. I opened it just enough to fit in, and squeezed through. I slowly shuffled my way to Twilight's bed, and collapsed onto it. Of course I was graceful and didn't shake the bed, but I collapsed as best I could. I slowly scooted forward and closed my eyes, knowing the worst was behind me, there's absolutely no way it can get worse than what it was.
'Yes it can' The voice cooed.
I closed my eyes and smiled, I'm done caring about the voice, I'm done with magic, I'm done with Equestria. Well, that last one may be a bit extreme, but I'm done with being thrown around like I'm in a blender. Things will mellow out, or I'm going to mellow them out. Lyra's going to get over me, Twilight's going to calm down, Pinkie will stay Pinkie, and Discord's going to leave me alone. If these things don't happen, I'm going to make sure to fix them myself. I mean, how hard can it be? And for now, I've got Twilight, I'm warm, I'm safe. It's been worse, and it's going to get a lot better. I just hope that I don't ruin this like I do everything else. Imagine, me actually doing the right thing. Crazy, right? Yeah, but so am I.
Twilight made a noise and rolled over, then shrieked and fell out of the bed. "What the- Oh... It's just... Garret!" She sat up. "Well, have you thought about what I said?"
"A little bit. But Lyra said the exact opposite of what you said. If I wanted to, I could be a person, forever. A-"
"You would never do that, right?" She crawled back up into the bed, and sat cross-legged at the foot.
"I don't know what I'd do anymore. I-"

***

Twilight POV:

"... Do anymore. I just want to go home." His eyes glossed over and he stared at me.
"H-Home? You are home."
"No Twilight... I'm at your home. I just want to forget I ever came here and go home. My home. It's simple enough, I can't go home. I used to dream of coming here, and I'd dream of you. Being in the same room as you. But it never happens, I mean, everyone dreams. Stories upon stories upon stories on the Internet, all about Equestria. It was a pipe-dream, I mean... It's not like being here is a bad thing, but now that I've been here, I just wish I could go home." He began tearing up, "But it's alright. I'm here, and you're here. I've been through drama and pain and suffering. I've been almost killed, I've had my gender swapped, I hear voices, I had a stalker, I lent my heart to every willing companion. But its time for all of this to settle. I just hope you understand when I say this: I will always want to go home, it's just not the same without being home. Equestria's a nice place, I guess, but do you know what it's like to be sent from one variant of hell to another to another to another? All at the whim of a maniac?"
"Discord?"
"Sure, if that's the one who runs the show. I mean, not literally."
"Hold on. You said stories... Of us? Like Equestria?"
"Yeah, of course."
"But Equestria... Wait... Are... Explain everything, please?"
"Alright, if you insist. But I... Whatever, here you go:
In my world, my home-world anyways, you're part of a television show. Now, that's fiction. But you have a serious fan-base. This fan-base can be so dedicated as to write stories of you, specifically for the amusement of others. Does that make sense?"
"So... It's like... They dream of being here?"
"In a sense, and some of them add characters or bring people in for their stories."
"Okay?"
"And usually those people are... Them. But then in some cases, you get the ones where people bring in just... A person, not meant to be anyone in particular."
"Anything else?"
"And shipping. Like most of what's been happening since I got here.
"Okay, that all?"
"Grimdark."
"And that is?"
"Think what my life has been for a few months."
"But that's just life, I mean, it happens everywhere. Its not like life here is much different than life anywhere else. Catch 22 is part of life."
"I-I... And that's my problem. This has all been so contradictory unto itself. The show is made for younger audiences, usually that's the general rule. But coming here, and seeing all the off-camera events... It's much more horrific than I thought. Twilight, I just want to go home." He started to cry.
I tried to comfort him, but he jerked away. "Twilight, just... Get me the spell or what-in-the-world it takes to change me for the last time."
"But... I thought... You were..."
"Just don't worry about it. I don't think home's ever going to happen, so let's make the most of this. Let's just... Go get the stuff." He still had tears rolling down his cheeks.
"Actually..." I giggled, "You're the one we were waiting on."
"Twilight. Tell me what that means."
"Well, everybody drinks the potion then I cast a spell. Everyone but you already drank the potion, we're just waiting on you."

***

Garret POV:

"I... Where's the potion?"
"It's... Oh, it's... Um... Nightstand!" She reached over and grabbed it. "Here you go." She handed it to me.
I held out both potions, Lyra's in the left and Twilight's in the right. One will fix this, one will fix this. Both fix this, but neither are perfect. Hopefully this fixes it. My whole plan has to work, I hope it does.
I opened both flasks and dumped the contents into my mouth.
"Garret! You're insane!" Twilight shouted.
"Cast the spell, hurry!" I moaned, my throat burned.
She frantically jumped up and ran downstairs. My throat felt like it was aflame, and my stomach cramped up, tightened to the point of pain.
"Got it! Here goes!" Her horn began glowing and my vision blurred out.

***

Twilight POV:

He drank both vials. Both of them. That means one of two things: He's going to be normal after this, like normal human. Or he changes. I don't know which is going to happen, and it concerns me greatly.
Garret began writhing on the bed, and screaming in pain. His body did what it always does: It broke itself down and repaired itself into the chosen form. He did change into a pony, of sorts. But what happened shocked me to no end.
And then I fell in pain. My body did what his did, in the exact same way. Pain. I collapsed and curled into a ball, feeling as my body reformed itself.

***

3rd POV:

Dash had been transgressed already, along with Rarity and Spike. Pinkie was changing, and Applejack was afraid of what was coming to her. Fluttershy was completely unaware of it, but she changed rapidly.
"Angel, just eat your-" She mumbled as the potion took effect. Then she had suddenly collapsed and pulled herself into a fetal position. It was painless, and soon she was back to her normal pegasus self.

***

Garret POV:

I moaned aloud. At least I'm still alive, right? That's how you see it, right? 'At least he didn't die?' Sure, if you say so.
"Garret?" Twilight whispered into my ear.
"Y-Yeah?"
"You might want to look in a mirror." She sounded nervous.
"Why?"
"Just go look in a mirror."
"Fine, if you say so." I stood on two legs and fell down. So I'm a pony again, good. I put all four hooves on the ground, then slowly walked to the bathroom. I slowly stumbled around in the dark for a few minutes before finding myself in the bathroom and turning on the lights.
I looked into the mirror and my jaw dropped.
Still the same color, got wings, same cutie mark, everything. But my hair's cut back down, and coming out of the hair is a horn.

***

That's the next piece done. Love or hate, I don't mind. I love your opinions, regardless of if you're kind or rabid, I don't mind at all. The recent darkness has (hopefully) been lifted. If not, then I've still got some time left before the parallel. If it ever happens.

It's supposed to be the story of Garret, if instead of leaving for Equestria, the exact opposite had happened. I won't say anything more. And actually, honestly, I would prefer to write that, it would let you understand all of the details of him better.

And honestly, if you think what I did was bad, please avoid contact with ninety percent of Fanfics, clop or not, because this is nowhere nearly as bad as most of them. Just gonna say that now, and have fun.

Love you. Even if you hate me. I honestly don't care, I'm sure that if you hate me, you have good reasons. And well, everyone else does too, so please, form a line. Oh, I got a Fluttershy belt. I feel terrible about all of that... Just most of act two, really.