2-14: Scream

(WARNING! WARNING! W-A-R-N-I-N-G! This chapter has what some call "grimdark" But I'm gonna label it: Violent.)

Seth POV:

"Chaos, something Garret gets a lot of. Love, something he has too much of. But now here comes a third problem. I won't ruin it, but it's gonna be quite apparent."

***

Pinkamena POV:

(Think of this as a black-screen intro to the chapter. Imagine just a black screen, with a very sad-voice of Pinkie talking.)

"Unlike my party-driven counterpart, I've got the sense to know that Garret is a parasite in Equestria. He's changed too much, just like I do to the worlds go to. I have a feeling that if he were, say, out of the picture, life might get back to normal for me and my friends. He may have clouded many of our friend's eyes, but he can't pull a veil over my eyes. I'm more intelligent than them, more analytical, critical. Now all I have to do is actually fix all of this. I hunted down what used to be my brother."

(Just have a few garret screams as you let the camera fade to the next scene, and GO!)

I opened my eyes and looked at my hands. They were disgusting and dirt-covered. I had completely underestimated his strength the first time. Garret was a bit stronger than I thought, but of course the hero of Equestria is going to be stronger than I anticipated. Maybe if I were to stop him from tapping into his powers next time, I could stop his escape. It's the only way this could ever work. He can fly now, his wings are stronger than they have ever been, even in his current human form. Maybe I shouldn't try to kill him, and instead let him kill himself. Of course! How could I have been so crazy? I know what I need to do!
Attack not his body, but his mind and let his body falter with it. If his mind is rendered insane, his body will soon decay. It's perfect, and I know it's gonna work. Now to get some help from a certain zebra. This has to work, I just know it will!

***

Garret POV:

(Please please listen to the instrumental To Live is to Die ~ Metallica, it's gonna work perfectly here!)

"Just as I said life has been peaceful, one more of the residents of Equestria lost their sanity. That makes around three so far, Me, Twilight, Pinkie and Lyra. Four. Four of us are crazy. When I came in, this world was serene and child-like. It's almost like the world itself is evolving into a teenager. Could it be that my coming here is actually what caused all of these problems? Did I ruin lives? Was it really me? Did I cause all of this, or is Discord just trying to wreck my mind? I don't want to know, honestly I don't. Maybe the truth isn't for me. Maybe the lies are what caused all of this. Maybe my heart did it, the one that wouldn't settle. Marriage didn't even hold me down. And now Pinkie Pie's currently chasing me. With a deadly weapon. Yes, Pinkie is trying to kill me. But I don't mind, I can fly and stuff. I don't mind a bit."

(Now lets see what truly happened in that gristly scene, a little flashback if you will.)

___________________

A soft knock at the door woke me up from the dead of the night. I slowly opened my eyes and rolled out of bed. Wearing only underwear and a smile, I opened the door. Pinkie was there, but she looked different. Straighter, shorter hair was the only new feature. But her eyes were intent, she had passion burning behind them.
"Pinkie! What brings you around here this late at night?" I giddily squealed.
"Well my friend, you happen to be the reason I'm out this late." She gave a creepy ear-to-ear grin.
"What could I possibly keep you up this late for?" I asked.
"Well, we could say that I've been thinking, and someone like you was the topic. Well, not so much you as your demise."
"M-My demise? Like the way I'm gonna die?"
"Exactly! You see what I'm getting at! Now um... One in the head or five in the chest?" She drew a long, thin knife.
"Pinkie, what are you doing?" I nervously asked as I backed away.
"Well not to sound cliché, but what needs to be done." She maniacally laughed as she dashed at me. I nimbly dodged out of the way and pushed her onto the sofa. Pinkie or not, she isn't going to kill me. I ran for the door, but she tackled me onto my back.
"Garret, please don't make this harder than it needs to be. Just let me fix everything." She whispered straight into my ear. She had pinned my arms above my head and she sat on my chest. I have been here before, but last time this was romantic, not dangerous. She let go of my left wrist and drew the knife above her head, ready to attack. She's smart, but she forgot about one little detail.
I willed my veins to glow, causing a blinding amount of light to pour into the room. The knife clattered to the floor and Pinkamena giggled as she covered her eyes. She's not only crazy, she's extremely giddy. Adrenaline will do that to you though. I tugged at the other hand, and broke both wrists free. I grabbed at her waist and tried to push her off of me. This did not work, all it did was cause her to giggle and grab the knife up again.
She raised the knife above her head and swung it down at my head. I slapped at her hand as it came down, and the knife stuck down into my long hair. I had let it grow out when I was a woman, it really needs cut.
"Die already." She calmly whispered. She stabbed down again, and I slapped at her hand again. She stabbed a third time, and I slapped at her hand, but instead hit the tip of the knife. The knife drove through my hand completely and came out the other side. I curled my toes and grit my teeth not to scream. Can't wake up Twilight, she can't know about this. I twisted my hand and wrist, pulling the knife from her hands, because of the bones in my palm. The amount of pain in my hand was excruciating, to the point of tears. Words really cannot express the amount of pain I'm in. I pulled the knife out of my hand and hit Pinkie in the stomach with my un-injured hand. She rolled off of me, laughing from the pain. Pinkamena must be a masochist of sorts. I stood up and looked at Pinkie. I could kill her now and get this over with, but then I'd be no better than her. No, now is my chance to escape from her.
I ran out of the Library and down the street, picking up momentum as Pinkie realized what had happened.
"Get back here! There's no way you can leave! Especially with my knife!" Pinkie shouted as she gave pursuit. I swung my wings down as hard as I could repeatedly and shot up into the air. My entire body soared above the ground about twelve feet, and I looked down at Pinkie.
"Hey, here's your knife back!" I shouted and hurled the knife at her. It stabbed into the ground just in front of her feet. "Keep it!" I shouted. She quietly bent over and picked it up. She then drew back and threw it at me. All I wanted to do was give her the knife back, try to be who I am. She tried to kill me, yet again!
It stuck directly into my wing and I fell back to land, pain soaring through my body. I held onto my stomach, it felt as though someone had stabbed straight through my chest, a searing sensation ran through my entire torso.
"Where you gonna run to next?" Pinmamena said as she put her foot down on my already exploding chest. She drew the knife above her head once again, and swung it down at my face. I swung my head out of the way and the knife clipped my left ear. It tore through the very corner, but split it completely. I grit my teeth and shouted. "You can't win, I'm gonna make sure of that." She giggled out.
"Yes, I can! All I've got to do is..." I smiled widely. All I have to do is stoop to her level. Maybe get in a few hits of my own.
"Stop smiling! You're supposed to be writhing!" She swung the knife rapidly at my face. I nimbly smacked the flat of the blade repeatedly and kept a huge grin on my face.
"Garret! Stop smiling! You can't be happy!" She shrieked.
"Sure, sure. But I can do this!" I drove my elbow into her ankle and she fell to the ground. I quickly sat up and kicked my body forward. I sat on her stomach, a knee on either side of her chest. "And now I'm gonna make you quit." I swung a fist down at her forehead. She stabbed into my knuckles. Bad idea on my part. Terrible idea. I know a simple way to fix all of this.
I willed my veins to glow and stood up. I gestured for Pinkie to attack, and she did so. As she stood up, I let the light flow from my fingertips and straight into her fragile body. Success! She's not awake! She can't hurt me anymore.
My world went black as I lost consciousness. An adrenaline crash coupled with blood-loss will cause you to slip out.

***

Ugh, gonna do a dual-chapter, probably. This might be a Authors-Note or it might be a segment to say (get a drink) depending on my mood later. (which will be the past for you.)