Paranoia and Other Odd-Jobs

2 days later.

Garret POV:

So much has changed since my first day here. Twilight's going crazy, I'm paranoid about Lyra, and Dash and Applejack. It's just not what it used to be, its really gotten dark lately. Lyra is around every corner. She really is sometimes!
Has she always been here? Am I ever alone anymore? When did this craziness start?

A knock at the door, Lyra's here.
I opened the door, and looked at Ditzy. She had a letter addressed to me.
"Here, for you." She said.
I took the letter and closed the door quietly. I sat on the sofa and opened the letter.
'I haven't stopped watching you. I'm going to be here forever. If you think you are alone, I'm there. I am patiently waiting for you to feel how I do. Maybe you will, maybe you won't. I know how crazy I must seem, but I only want you. It's nothing too much to ask, and I won't stop asking. Even if you don't ever accept me, I'm always going to be here, waiting.'
The page had water droplets stained through to the end, so it's hard to make out.
'I know that in time you will have to come to me. Even if it's just to try and stop me, you'll cave and come to me.
Love you.

Signed,

Lyra'

God! Why can't she leave me alone? Even after what happened she won't leave me alone? I need to get away.
I know what I have to do. And I think Twilight might not like it.

***

Twilight POV:

Garret woke me up out of sleeping. Lately he doesn't get much sleep, or do much. Ever since our recent encounter with her, Garret has been paranoid.
"Twi, I gotta talk to you."
"Mm... Fine..." I mumbled out, still half asleep.
"I think I know how to solve all my problems."
"How?" I moaned, my eyes still shut.
"I gotta leave."
"What?" I quickly woke up. My eyes shot open, and I stared at him. "Why? And where?"
"I am going to live in Canterlot. So I can get away from everything, keep myself away from Lyra."
"But... What about me?"
"I don't know. I honestly don't, but look at this!" He handed me a letter.
I read it quickly. Lyra thinks Garret will leave me? Oh no, I fought too hard to lose him. There is no way that she can wedge us apart.
I think I know what to do. I know I know what to do.
"Garret, there is another way."
"And that would be?" He began crying.
"We could..." I looked at him. He looked sick. His skin pale, his mane matted and greasy. His eyes were sunken. He looked worse than I do, and I'm quite unkept.
"We could what?" He barely squeaked out. He needs more than advice, he needs compassion.
"We could... Go do something, we could get out of the Library for awhile."
He smiled. "Yeah, I need some time away from all this craziness. What do you think we should do?"
"We could go eat. It seems to work for us every time we're in trouble so far." I laughed.
His face brightened slightly. "Last time I went to eat, I found love. This time has to help."
"Yeah."
I got out of the bed, and looked in a mirror.
"Gah! But first we need cleaned up. I have a bath downstairs, and a spare comb. You could use a bath more than I could."
"Yeah, I do stink, huh?"
"No, your mane is just... A little greasy."
"My mane?" He giggled, "You mean my hair!" He laughed.
"N-" I paused. Maybe that's what they call it. "Yeah, but I am going to call it a mane."
"Sure." He kept laughing.
"Downstairs. Bath. Now." I chuckled as I watched him bolt down the stairs and stumble his way to the bathroom. Did I scare him that much? Do I scare him that much?
Is that a bad thing?

***

Garret POV:

I looked at the small bath. It would be possible, but both my back and feet will touch the ends. The tub is about five-and-a-half feet long, so all I have to do is bend my knees.
I looked around the room, there was a small window. Good, a window to let in some light.
I pulled my clothes off, and turned the hot water on. I put my hand under the scalding water, and began running cold water too. I sat in the tub, facing the open bathroom. I grabbed soap and began to clean myself.