3-13; Wide Awake. And Falling on Your Face.

"Wide awake... And falling on your face, you've got an evil, wicked way of saying 'I love you.' I'd love to tear away from everything you are. I hate you!"

"Holding onto these words but baby... I saw my angel become the devil. Still won't be for you, hand in hand... But baby I don't need any of them, heaven nor hell."

"Love of mine... Someday you will die... And I'll be close behind, I'll follow you into the dark."

***

Approximately two days later:

Garret PoV:

My head was pounding, I slowly opened my eyes to another dramatic scene.

Of course.

Again.

***

3rd PoV:

"Of course I hate you! You locked me in a cave. At my brother's wedding. Which you tried to ruin."

"Yes, this happened." Chrysalis hung her head low, "But do you think it will happen again? Anything at all? Truly, deep in your heart?"

"Yes." Twilight spoke bluntly. They stood, Chrysalis cowering in the corner, Twilight at the foot of the stairs.

"Why? Have I done wrong yet?" Chrysalis' ears flattened to her head.

"No..." Twilight did the same, "But you have before. And you're capable... And you are really getting... Touchy."

Which Chrysalis knew she was. But she had to be. If Garret didn't love, she didn't feed. If she didn't feed, she died.

She was done being evil. Except for the occasional rough nuzzle with Garret. That was for the sake of cruel fun.

He was so squirmy, she just loved it.

"Yes, yes I am. What do you expect of me?" She suddenly perked up, "It means life or death to me!"

"And I'd rather you d-"

"Twilight!" Garret snapped, "Don't say it!" He slowly sat up from the couch, having been banned from the bed.

"And why not? I wouldn't be a liar."

***

Garret PoV:

I took a deep breath, "Want me to get you some ice-cream? Would you feel better if I gave you a hug? You know I don't understand females. Especially the pregnant ones." I shrugged, "I care, I just... Don't know what you want from me."

"I want her. Gone. Away, forever, and never ever to come back."

I closed my eyes and took a deep breath, what I was about to do was near-suicide. "Twilight. I think your hatred for her is a bit irrational. I see nothing but positive qualities within Chrys."

"Oh, oh. Isn't that what you said to Fluttershy? Or was that Trixie? You want to go ahead and leave again? You do it all the time. No, go ahead. I'll be here. I'm always here." She looked at the ground, "Alone..." Her voice wasn't even a whisper anymore, "And scared..."

I nodded slowly and made my way over to her before wrapping my arms around her. It was a soft hug, a comforting embrace. "Give me one reason to leave. You couldn't make me go. I know what I have done. But do you remember what I said? I'm done doing that. I'm not who I was, and neither is she."

"I think I can defend myself this time. Twilight? Willing to at least listen to me?" Chrysalis asked.

Twilight glared at her, but nodded.