2-16: Bad Company

Pinkie swung the knife toward my head, and I ducked out of the way. "You seriously want to keep doing this? You've gotta be getting tired after this long!" She asked me. Dodging this onslaught was impossible, my entire body still wrecked from dodging her assault last night. And the night before that and before that. I can't even bend completely over.
"Yeah, I do have to live!" I attempted to shout, but my lungs weren't capable. Instead, it came out a hollow whisper.
"Surely you must want release?" She shouted at me, and stabbed the knife toward my torso. I slapped her wrist and slapped her face at the same time.
"Yeah, but I want Twilight more!" I actually managed to shout out. Adrenaline fully kicked in, and my body numbed back out. Pinkie stopped and looked at me. She dropped the knife and it clattered to the floor. Her face was completely tranquil, and she began to speak.
"Garret, I... If you died, Twilight might die on the inside." She whispered. I nodded without saying a word. "You're safe for tonight. Gotta think over what just happened." She rubbed her temples as she walked away. I slowly stumbled back to my room, Room Number 17. I lay in the hospital bed and closed my eyes, letting sleep overcome me. Tonight has been hell, and I'm surely not gonna be able to forget it for quite some time.

***

Twilight POV:

"We haven't really gotten to talk at all." I said to Terra, my guest for the night.
"Y-Yeah you've been busy, so I've heard. It's normal for me not to talk to anypony anyways." She mumbled out.
"Yeah... Uh... Well, would you like some tea?" I asked.
"Um, never had tea before, actually. But I'd like to try it." She smiled. Finally broke the shy shell. Yes, now I can start- gotta make the tea first. I got up and walked to the kitchen and began to boil water. After following the proper steps, I had a pot of tea. Of course time passed, but I feel no need to explain it all. I came back out of the kitchen with a tray that had two cups and the pot of tea on it. "Well, here you go, first cup of tea." I held one of the cups out.
"Thanks." She mumbled as she took the cup. I sat back down and smiled.
"Well, take a drink, tell me what you think!" I excitedly said. She slowly moved the cup, and sipped at the drink. She retched and violently spit the tea out. I couldn't help but laugh at the look on her face.
"That was disgusting!" She shrieked. Her whole face was wrinkled up and she began blushing. "I-I... Didn't mean to say it like that. I just don't like it. It's not-"
"It's okay, not everyone likes tea. Pinkie doesn't, Applejack doesn't. Trixie doesn't."
"Who is Trixie? I hear all about her... But uh, I never have heard anything about her." Terra quietly asked.
"Let me be the one to explain the truth. She came to town a few years back, and she was a showboat, a braggart. Ursa Minor was summoned. Bad day, very bad day. Then she came back. Evil. Terrible days, it wasn't good for anypo- anyone... Then she wanted second chances, I kind of lied and told her she was forgiven. She wasn't. At all. And I specifically hate her for many reasons.
It helps that she specifically targeted me multiple times in all of these charades. And stole my stall- Boyfriend multiple times over. So no, she isn't a nice pony at all. I don't like her." I told her. I didn't lie once, everything I said was complete truth.
"She seems... Terrible. But I'm sure she has to have done something good?" Terra asked.
"Well, of course. She's very kind now, just since she moved back to Ponyville. She helps ponies, usually small-business owners around town. Cleaning up, you know, just odd jobs." Terra nodded without saying a word. "I mean, but... Don't let my opinion make yours."
"O-Okay... Well, do you know where she is?"
"Her caravan, right in the middle of town." I said. "Hey, uh... What day is it?"
"Tuesday, r-right?" She was nervous.
"Oh yeah! Tomorrow!" I fist-pumped.
"Um, what's tomorrow?" She cocked her head.
"Garret said to come back in a week, it's been six days! Tomorrow I'm supposed to go back to the hospital!"
"And... How's going to the hospital a good thing?" Terra asked.
"Well, I'm not the sick one, actually. Garret was... Attacked by Pinkie Pie."
"You mean the one I've been staying with?!"
"Yes, her. She's always been a bit unstable, but something triggered her to become... Criminally insane."
"That's good, just great."
"That's why you're here. So you don't have to stay there, you can stay here for a couple weeks, until Garret comes back."
"Really? You're okay with that?"
"Well of course! A friend of Garret is a friend of me."
"I should go get my things then." Terra said.
"When you first came to town, you didn't have many things. What all could you have?"
"Saddlebags, bits, jerky, an-"
"Jerky?"
"Slowly cooked salted pieces of chewy meat."
"Gross! Why do you have that?"
"Many reasons. Um, to eat. Trading. It can be used as bait. Nopony else eats it, so its also like my own personal stash of food."
"You eat it?"
"Well, yeah."
"B-But... You're a pony."
"Now."
"What... Does that mean?"
"I didn't used to be a pony."
I started laughing, "Oh my... That's the best joke I've heard all day."
"No really! I used to be a person..."
"A... Human? Like Garret?"
"Y-Yeah, from Earth and stuff."
"Then why did nopony... I thought Garret was the first human here in ages."
"Exactly my point... I uh... Transformed as soon as I was sent over."
"A-Alright. But I'm curious, what's Earth like?"
"Well, I remember a little bit. Fast. Violent. Everypony was for themselves and only themselves. Not a single living soul really cared about one-another. Religion was a bit different. We didn't believe in Celestia, of course. Cars. Cars were awesome! You could get in them, and like... Drive around, instead of walking. And they were faster and easier to use than trains or bikes."
"Bikes?"
"Two wheels and a frame, pedal-operated."
"Ah! Like the Pinkie-copter?"
"Speaking of Pinkie! I need to get my things from her house." Terra got up and quickly took off. She seemed eager to live here. Maybe we're actually... friends?