3-8; A Tout lé Monde

'Your eyes they shine so bright, I want to save their light, I can't escape this now... Unless you show me how! Don't get to close its dark inside... Its where my demons hide... It's where my demons hide! ~ Imagine Dragons.'

Twilight PoV:

"But... She's crazy!" I squeaked
"And so are you." Garret whispered.
"B-But... I'm crazy be-"
"Save it. I don't want to hear it. Maybe soon, I can forgive you, but for now I can't... I still love you..."

I took a jarring breath and woke up with a jolt. Garret was dead, I couldn't feel him anymore. There's no magic in existence that can inhibit that. I sat up out of bed, my hair greasy and my eyes burning. It was last night, and it... I just... Why? What reason is there for living? I lost him, but we all know what he did. He kept my mind from going... Astray.

It hasn't started yet, but it's soon going to be happening. I can feel it starting to crumble and I'm falling with it. But for now I'm all good. But I'm not all good, only in my mind. My stallion... My stallion just died. It's not like this is a high-school crush, I truly cannot live without him. It's odd to say after only about three fourths of a year, but I swear I can't live without him. I wish I could say 'I won't live without him' but I know I have to. It's what he would want, he wouldn't want me to mope around. He wasn't one to mope. He died and he got stabbed and I practically threw myself on him when he got married, making out with him, and he also died again but I can't revive him, but one thing he didn't do was waste time moping around.

I won't just lay back and let the universe ruin him, I'm going to have my Garret back. Not the human and not the woman and not the mare and not the idiot and not the lustful one. The Garret I love... Any of them.

***

3rd PoV:

Garret tapped his chest. "Ugh, what is that?" It felt like his heart was a hummingbird, beating rapidly but with weak beats. He also felt the magic in his horn burning but nonexistent. He took a deep breath through his nose, the rough and acidic smell of his vomit in his mane choking him up. He continued to breathe in and focused. The fluttering in his chest was replaced with another strange sensation. His heart was beating with one strong thump, making the blood rush every six seconds. It was quite a painful experience. His horn fizzled into light, barely illuminating the scene around him before fizzling back out, then back to full light.

***

Twilight PoV:

And just like that Garret came back. He wasn't dead yet, his magic energy returned. Something brought him back.

I was flopped on the couch, not worried about anything at all. I couldn't have cared any less about anything at all. But just like that my mood shot up.

Where was he though? I can't pinpoint him, he's going all over hell and creation at supersonic speeds. His energy just hit the Gryphon Kingdom, and the Badlands, and Maredrid, Fillydelphia, Wiscoltson, Las Pegasus, Canterlot, and who knows where else. His energy is just zooming around everywhere. But he's alive. Just where?

***

3rd PoV:

Garret regulated his heartbeat, getting it to where it needed to be. He could feel his pulse return to the original rhythm and he poked his horn, energy barely fizzling through it.

"Well goddamn." His gravelly voice whispered. His throat was completely dry and his stomach devoid of any sustenance. He hadn't eaten in almost four days, and hadn't had a drink in two days. But he was tough, he could go a little bit longer. Twilight would want him to march on, or so he thought. All she wanted was for his energy to root itself into one place.