Never Better in Equestria

The next morning.

Twilight POV:

My head is screaming, both literally and in pain. What happened last night? Wait, what happened last night? Why can't I remember yesterday? What did I do? I'm laying in the floor of the Library so I stayed home, apparently. It's very clean so I must have had a calm night. No, because I'm not in my bed.
I don't know what made me lay in the floor. Wait, what's behind me? There's something on my back, sort of. There's something beside my back, not on it.

Is it...

***

Garret POV:

Twilight looked cold once the party was over, she was shivering, so I kept her warm. I couldn't find a blanket so there was only one way to keep her warm. Last night had quite a few events. Dash and Applejack opened up, Rarity and Spike did too... And Twilight kissed me. Yes, it happened, but I won't make a big deal of it, she had quite a bit of 'help' before it happened. All I did was hold her, like she asked, and she completely blew it out of proportion. I don't know what made her do it, but I don't care either.
She wriggled and turned over. The moment she did, she squealed and stood up.
"What happened?" She moaned out.
"We had a party last night."
"That'd make sense..."
"Applejack and Dashie opened up to everyone."
"Good..."
"You kissed me."
"W-What?"
"Yeah, but don't make a big deal about it, you were really drunk..."
"That had nothing to do with it..." Her face reddened.
I stood up. "Well then what did?"
"Garret, alcohol doesn't fuel everything that you do when you partake."
"So tell me, what did?"
"Love."
I smiled, she felt it then. She did love me, that wasn't just a mistake that happened. She felt that dark, sinking feeling in her stomach. It literally felt like I had to love her. Almost like I need her. Is that what she felt?
"Would you be offended if I ask a question?" I asked.
"No, but you already did." She giggled.
"What does love feel like to you?"
"It... Feels like a burning in my stomach. A sliding, sinking feeling. But a good one!"
"Okay, at least we feel the same thing..."
"You feel it too?!" She shouted.
"Yeah, I do... What's the big deal."
"It's... Just... Nothing really, just different for me, that's all."
"What do you mean?"
"I don't usually love anypony, and nopony usually loves me."
"Well, nopony loves you. Somebody loves you though."
"Garret, I think we really are perfect for one-another."
"That's good, I think we're perfect too. Neither of us have ever been in love before."
"Yeah..." She looked starry-eyed.
"What's wrong?"
"I've never felt love, but why haven't you?"
"Because nobody has ever loved me either."
She smiled. "I know what it feels like. It doesn't matter though, it's different now."
"Yeah. We have each other and we don't need anypony else." I whispered.
"I... Do need my friends."
"Yes, you took me too literally." She tends to do that from time to time.
"Oh..." She began laughing.
Maybe there is hope for us? I sure hope so.
"Speaking of friends, maybe we should check up on our... Now dating friends." I stated.
"It would be the polite thing to do. Maybe we should bring a gift?"
"Yeah, it's usually what people do, I think."
"What should we bring?"
I thought for a moment. Maybe we could bring something from town? I asked her what she thought of this.
"That'll work! Let's go!" She squealed.
We left, and began to walk into town. Town square is filled with shops and stalls. There were peddlers everywhere, selling all kinds of goods. We walked to a stall selling small trinkets and other knickknacks.
The table had all kinds of little toys and trinkets. Bracelets, necklaces, toys, glass figurines, paintings, and other doodads filled the stall.
"We have some lovers we'd like to get something for, anything you'd recommend?"
A blue mare behind the stall silently pushed a glass heart toward us. She nodded and shrugged.
"Do you not like to talk?" I asked.
She shook her head. I picked up the heart and held it to the sun. Then I was struck with an amazing idea. I shined light from my hand through it, and a rainbow shone out of it. I need to get one of these for myself!
"How much for the heart?"
"Twelve bits."
I looked at Twilight. She nodded and paid the mare. I looked at the table again, and tried to find a figurine for myself. I found the perfect one, it was a sun, eclipsing a moon. Another twelve bits.
"Would you accept a trade?"
She shrugged.
I looked at my pants. The potential is there. All I have to trade is clothing. Twilight can't spare any more money, so I have to trade. I gasped, and looked at Twilight.
"What if I give you a show? A spectacle you cannot see anywhere else?"
The mare nodded and stared at me intently. I held a figurine in either hand, and began to glow. A rainbow appeared from both hands, and I let the light switch color. A rainbow based on blue, green, red, and pink all came at one point.
"Keep it." She whispered, her jaw agape.
"Thanks, I figured you'd say that." I said as we walked away. Twilight was smiling, she loves my power. It's unique amongst all Equestrians, nopony does what I do. Not even Celestia has this power, light as bright as I have at any time. Even a light-spell has no comparison to what I can do.
"Garret, that was amazing. Why didn't you ever tell me that you could change the color?"
I shrugged, and stumbled on a rock. I caught my balance and continued walking.
Soon we reached our destination, no worse for wear. I knocked on the door of Applejack's home, and Dash answered the door.
"Hey..." She mumbled out.
"Dash, are you okay?"
"Yeah, I'm fine, just a little sore from the party, no big deal."
"Sure, I understand. But we brought you a present!" I said.
"What is it?" Dash asked.
"It's... Easier to show you." Twilight said. She pulled out the figurine, and handed it to Dash.
"It's beautiful, thank you." She mumbled.
"Well... That's like the only reason we came here..." I said.
"Oh, no. I love it, I'm just hurting and my head hurts and sorry."
"It's fine, I was the same way this morning, just get moving and you'll feel better!" Twilight said.
"Oh! I remember somepony who got a little... Romantic yesterday." She giggled.
"Look, I don't even remember yesterday..."
"Well did Garret tell you?"
"That I kissed him?"
"N... Well kinda..."
"What then?"
"Fluttershy kinda ran home crying..."
"Wow, it must have hurt her..." I said.
"No, it's not you I'm worried about... Its actually me and her."
"Why you and her?"
"Because I swore to protect her from anypony who hurts her. But you're my brother. I actually feel like you could protect her better than I could."
"But I can't."
"But you could."
"But I hurt her already, she needs to be away from me."
"But nopony ever gets close to her anyways."
"What do you mean?"
"I can't even get close to her without her bolting off. Trust me, close and Fluttershy don't happen."
"You mean physically?"
"Yeah."
"She slept on top of me when I stayed with her."
Twilight looked at me. Her expression was furious.
"Why didn't you tell me?" She shouted.
"Twilight, why do you need to know?"
"Because if I did, I would have said this already. Why?!"
"Because she got cold, I was already asleep when it happened."
"Good." Dash said.
"What?" I asked.
"Stop talking." Twi said.
"What?" I asked.
"She doesn't handle love well." Dash said.
"I-"
"Garret, we need to go." Twilight whispered.
"Okay, I guess we gotta get out of here." I said.
We left quickly. Twilight was pulling me along, almost against my will.
"We need to talk about a few things." She said. "And you're going to need to tell me some things."

***

Small update to make up for lost time. Tension. Love. Lesbians. Magic. And now? We got... An angry Twilight. Terror will soon be in store!
I write almost every day, updating is different, since I have to bum my Internet from other people. Either way, its all good here.
I want to say something.
No matter what I write in this story, my love life is a MOTHERFUCKING TRAINWRECK! WHY? LOVE IS SIMPLE, and so is moving on. But what moving on leaves is the hard part. She opened old, deep scars and really hurt me. Either way, you all don't care anyways, and the story still gets its regular updates! Even with my "Blackened heart scarring darker still" I'm sure love will find me eventually.
I had to write the past two chapters between fits of rage, sadness, depression, crying, anger, madness, and even happiness, blissfulness. Yes sir, I cried most of the time I wrote this chapter. I had dry-heaves and tears and snot and now she's with someone else... I won't say any names. It is the epic sonata that fills my heart as I shiver alone in my room, crying and writing this.
I just found out that the girl I was with, who broke up with me, chose me over someone else because I'm the "better option" But I'm good, my heart is like a shell, or a shield! ^-^ No sir, I'm all good! -_- no I am not, I'm really coming apart.

Earthstar and Ben still get dedications!

This is LT signing off!