2-6: The Shortest Straw

Spike POV:

"Well good for them. I told him I was done. He left, and I told him... I..." Twilight said before she began crying. I wasn't able to speak, my mouth couldn't even form the words. Before I managed to say anything, I burped out a letter.
'Dear Twilight Sparkle:
We are glad to hear that the Human-turned pony-turned human is getting married. It's not everyday that a marriage of this caliber is going to be done. We may be able to attend, if he would have us. Please inform him of the offer, and of this offer: He may hold his wedding in royal fashion, on this occasion only. That means coming to Canterlot, and having the wedding as royalty. He may if he chooses.

With that out of the way, let me state that things are going much more greatly than they were before Garret had shown up. He managed to improve a lot, just by existing. Of course we still have the problem with the Elements, but that can wait, as nothing has needed them recently. Could you please inform Garret of our offer? It would be of high-regard of my sister's favorite student!

Sincerely,

Princess Luna'

"Twilight... You aren't going to like this... But uh, I gotta talk to hi-... her."
"Please tell her I'm sorry."
I left quietly, not wanting to disturb Twilight any more than I already have.

***

Next day:

Lyra POV:

"Uh... Uh... Uh..." I stumbled out. A royal wedding, my royal wedding.
"Lyra, it's an offer we can't refuse. Luna wants us to get married in royal Canterlot fashion. We have to say yes, even if we don't want to. Imagine what it'd be like to get married like a princess! It would be life-changing to say the least."
"A... Royal... Wedding..." I moaned, "My... Royal... Wedding..."
"Yep. First royal wedding between two of the same gender too! We're going to make history!"
"I... Yeah, we are." I said.
"Something wrong?"
"N-No, I'm just feeling nervous. I mean, they probably don't know you're marrying a girl, or that you're a girl."
"Crazy, huh? But I think we should do it, especially since its... Better than what we were gonna do."
"Yeeah... We should do it... Just specifically not to have to go through Pinkie's... Thing..." I agreed.
"Yeah... Uh... Lets go tell everyone the good news..."
"Yeah, let's."

***

Dash POV:

It is actually easier to fly like this, really. I'm not able to fly faster, but I'm a lot more aerodynamic now.

Applejack and I were walking through the town center, looking at all the stalls and vendors. We didn't have anything specific to do, we were just there to see what was being sold. It was nice to have Applejack next to me. Is... Is that Lyra?
"Uh, is that Lyra? Who's she with?" Applejack asked.
"You were there! That's Garret..."
"Oh... Yeah, forgot that he isn't a dude anymore..." They kept walking toward us. They weren't rushing, but they were quickly moving toward us. They had something to say.
"Dashie! Dashie! Uh, I got a question for you." Garret asked.
"What do you need, Garret?"
"It's Vera now, and I wanna know if you'd like to attend a royal wedding!"
"Who's wedding?"
"Mine!"
"You're getting married?! You're royalty?!" I squealed.
"Uh, no I'm not royalty, but I keep getting told I saved the world, so maybe it's that."
"Yeah... And I take it you're marrying Lyra?" Applejack said.
"Yep. I asked a few days ago."
"Good!" I said.
"But... Uh... How's Twilight?" Vera asked.
"Uh, she's doing grea- No! I can't lie about this, she's dying on the inside man! She's really taking it hard, she keeps saying that she drove you away, and she said she wouldn't take you back even though she would in a heartbeat. It's just killing her on the inside to not have you, man or woman!" I said. It really killed me to see her so sad, but I can't help her.
"I... She did all of that. She said she wouldn't take me back. So instead of coming to her, I went to Lyra because I thought she wouldn't take me back... Or something, 'cause its really hazy... I... Don't remember what happened." Vera whispered.
"Uh... But she's not doing good, either way."
"Yeah, it sounds that way... But can you come?"
"Yeah, I can come... And so can Dash." Applejack said.
"Great! Now to find Pinkie..." Lyra said as she walked away with Vera/Garret. I'm still unsure what to call her.

***

Pinkie POV:

"I'm not even Equestria! Where am I?" I squeaked. My pocked vibrated and I pulled out my phone. It had one text.
'Hello Pinkamena Pie!
Day one of the reaper's game: Survive.
Failure to complete task will result in death.'
That's redundant, if I don't survive, I would already be dead. But where am I? Where'd I get sent this time? Shibuya? I can handle some new culture!
(Please tell me you know this game?!)

***

Vera POV:

"That's everybody in town except for..." I trailed off, not wanting to mention her at all.
"Well, lets go ask her." Lyra said, pulling me along.
We slowly walked toward the Library. There was no rush, especially not for me, since she might hate me.
I knocked on the door, and heard a slow shuffling from the door. When the door swung open, I was greeted by a very sad Twilight.
"Hey, I just have a question... For you." I said
She perked up instantly. "What do you need?"
"I wanted to know if you'd like to attend a royal wedding."
"With you?" She asked.
"Kinda... You see..." I explained everything to her. From the moment I left the hospital.

"I... Understand..." She said calmly.
"I knew you would. But uh... Please come?"
"D-Don't count on it... I'd rather not." She looked at her feet.
"Well, I gotta go, Lyra's waiting."

***

Twilight POV:

That sentence is the one that broke me. I stood up and slowly walked to my bedroom. I grabbed a parchment and quill, and began writing.
'To EIA,

I would like to refer somepony to you, as they are mentally unstable. They are beginning to have suicidal and homicidal thoughts. They are a danger to society, and they need to be kept away from normal society. They go by the name of Twilight Sparkle. They need to be taken care of, and quickly, before somepony gets seriously injured.
Please come as soon as possible to come and take her away. She will need to be sedated, as she is potentially lethal.

Anonymous'

"SPIKE! Send this letter."

_________________________

They did, they came and took me away. The Equestrian Insane Asylum is a very nice place to be, in my nice cozy padded cell. I can't move, not with this jacket they have on me. I don't mind, there's nothing I could do even if I had control of my arms anyways, since this room is empty. It's safer for everybody if I'm in here. I'm unfit for society now. I'm broken.

***

Yeah, uh... Chapter done. And yeah... Yeah... Yeesh... That was brutal to have to come up with. Jeez, and I thought I was crazy! Having Schizophrenic Anxiety is bad, but Twilight's got it worse now.

Vote, comment, share, follow.

Loves, love you all! <3 You're all the best!