2-11: Absolute Zero

Vera POV:

"Lyra, I love you. And we can get through this, if this is the worst they can throw at us, I'm loving it." I whispered straight into her ear. We're lying in her bed, snuggled close to keep warm. It's freezing in her house, and I swear without her, I'd be frozen to death by now. Mid-December is quite cold, and without a fire, it's freezing in here, literally. I can see my breath. And all I have to keep me warm is a wool blanket, and Lyra.
"I love you too Vera... And... Where's Terra?"
"Uh, she's been staying with Pinkie for like... A week now."
"Oh, I had forgotten all about that."
"Forget about her right now, because I'm freezing... I can't even think right now."

***

Lyra POV:

There is ice growing on Vera's fur. Now... I have to help her! I pulled her as close as I could, arms wrapping her close to me, letting her warmth mix with mine. Heat. Comfort. I could smell her fur, and like always, it smelled of fresh linen. It's a strange curse, I would guess, but she always smells like fresh linen.
I buried my face in her neck, warming my entire face. Its something about her, she's just so warm. "You... Are you okay?" Vera asked me.
"Y-Yeah, I'm doing great... I mean... Freezing, but yeah, doing good."
"Here, let me try this..." I twisted around slightly, and my head was right around Vera's chest. Not like, her chest, but between her front legs, and I pulled her forward, keeping my body close to her.
"I wish I could say that helped, but no... That didn't help at all... And my back's freezing too..."
"The only way to fix this would be if we had more people. But that's just strange..."
"Why don't we just," She dramatically paused, "Buy some winter clothes?"
"Because I'm not rich, and I can't just steal them." I said.
"Hmm, what if... I... Asked Rarity?"
"Nope, remember what happened last time you went there?" I was referring to when he was barraged with questions, and she attempted to get his help for something. We don't know what, but I really don't want to know.
"Yeah, and I'd rather not get inquisition today. I just want to be warm..." I could see her breath, and it was killing me to see her so cold.
"Vera, I've got it!" I smiled, and moved myself forward, bringing myself level with her.
"And now you're staring at me... Great, because that he-" I leaned forward and kissed her. She quickly stopped trying to talk, and closed her eyes. Maybe it would help? It sure helps me, I'm feeling a lot warmer now. I pulled her even closer to me, and basked in her warmth. And again, I'm in absolute bliss once more. I couldn't feel any better. We didn't move for at least an hour, lips together, and warm as can be.

***

Twilight POV:

I couldn't feel worse, pumped full of medicine, I can't even think straight. But today's the day. I'm leaving, all I have to do is follow my plan. All I have to do is get someone, anyone into my room. And I can get out, scott-free.

"H-Help! My... My head!" I shriek. Soon, two stallions flood into the room, and look at me. They're both wearing uniforms, so this could work. I'm clutching my head, and screaming incoherently. It's all fake of course, but I'm a good liar.
"Get me fifteen-" Was all the first one could say before I rammed into him, using my head as a weapon. The second one drew out a small thing, with electricity running from one prong to another. He pointed it at me, and told me to sit down. But right now I've got to stop him from moving. I can't do much with that Stun-Gun in the way though. Gotta focus.
I tried to use a levitation spell, but all that did was make my knees weak. I looked at this stallion, holding a stun-gun in his mouth. He had fear in his eyes, he was scared. And now I could try this: "If you let me leave, I'll let you live."
"I-I-I-I," He muttered, "can't do that... D-Due to Chapter six, subsection A, line 28, I would be given the worst penalty possible... Banishment to the moon."
"But I'm going to kill you." I seethed, "At least with them, you have a fighting chance at life."
"Y-Yeah, you're right..." He dropped the stun-gun, and looked at me, "At least with them I don't die, not for a while anyways."
"Wisely said. Now, to do this!" I sprinted forward quickly, and grabbed up the taser. I pressed it into the neck of the stallion, and he dropped to the floor. He was shaking and convulsing on the ground, and I giggled at his sporadic movements. Morbid, yes, but it had to be done.
Final step in this room: Remove evidence of my existence. I took a name-tag, and clipped it to one of the jackets as I put it on. Now all I have to do is hope nopony cares. I strolled out of the room silently. I managed to get past the only locked door with the keycard on the side of the name-tag. Then when I got into the main room, the front desk, I shouted, "An inmate tried to escape! But my shift is over! Gotta go!" It's just too easy. Now to find him... Her... It...

***

Ooh, another short-but sweet one! Cliffhanger? Kinda... But anyways, these chapters are short, and I'm sorry for that, but I'm a daily updater at least, you know... Like... You get one almost every day...

Hey you, beautiful. Yes, you... You know I'm talking to you... You're the best person ever... I love ya, with my whole heart I sincerely do. Especially if you read these little notes, I really love you a lot. A whole whole lot. Maybe you love me too? Nah, I'm just kidding °3° But I made new friends... Two of them... And they're the bestest peoples to ever be my friends... You should be my friend too, I need someone to talk to! Especially someone as amazing and beautiful as you are. You have pretty eyes...