Hitting Home (and Maybe On Lyra)

The party was in full swing, Pinkie had completely pulled through. Everypony showed up at the Library, even Vinyl Scratch showed up. I wasn't actually at the party though. I left quietly, specifically like I had planned to do.
I strolled around Ponyville, alone in the dark. Nopony was outside they were all at the party, leaving me with exactly what I wanted: peace and quiet.
I could hear the birds chirping, and the wolves howling in the distance. The streetlights shut off. I was completely in the dark, just like I wanted. Of course I shut them off, the manipulation of light solved that problem. I was in a completely dark street, and I couldn't be happier.
Paranoia kicked in, Lyra's watching me. She can't be though, because there isn't any light. No, I'm completely alone, and safe. Of course I'm safe. I'll be fine, I just need to keep calm.
The night sky is beautiful, a full moon and many stars fill the sky. The moon is actually really beautiful, brighter than I've ever seen it before.

***

Twilight POV:

I looked at Applejack, "I told you not to bring any of your cider this time... You remember what happened last time!" I giggled.
"Yeah, somepony had too much. Wasn't my fault." She laughed.
"But you know how I am with these kind of things."
"Yeah, and you know I always bring enough for you."
I continued giggling and walked away.
I bumped into Dash, "Twilight, have you seen Applejack?" She asked.
"Yeah, back in the kitchen." She nodded and began to walk away. Now to find who I want to talk to. Where is Garret?
I know who'll know, she always knows where he is. Lyra has to know. But where is she? I looked around, while there were ponies everywhere, none were the one I was looking for. Soon enough, a cyan mane appeared in the room.
"Lyra! Lyra!" I yelled to her, over the ambient sounds of music and chatter.
She strutted to me, a smile plastered on her face. "What's up Twilight?" Her cheery voice burned in my ears. I. Hate. Lyra.
"Have you seen Garret?" I managed to fake a smile, however my eyes were shooting daggers.
"Nopony has, he must have a problem with parties." I almost spat out, 'Yeah, parties are the problem' but I caught myself.
"This isn't the first time, actually. Last party we had, he never showed up until somepony told him to." My eyes were flaming at this point, Lyra really upsets me.
"Maybe he wants some time alone, it could be as simple as that. Maybe he just wanted to get some fresh air."
"Maybe... Or maybe he didn't show up because of you!" I growled out.
"Of course! Blame it on me! I did it, not you! Because you're just perfect. I had to do it, not you... Of course it's my fault..." Tears began slowly welling up in her eyes, and she stared at me.
"Lyra... Help me find him, we need to find him... I'm sorry for snapping at you like that, I... I'm just upset..." I lied. I really hate seeing her in agony. Crazy as it seems, she seems to hate the same from me. She hates making me sad too...
She nodded and gestured to the door. I followed her lead, in spite of my bitter hatred.
I looked up at the bright night sky. The stars were covering the sky, and the moon bright. The moon was radiant, beautiful even. It was the most beautiful I have ever seen the sky.

***

Garret POV:

The night sky was beautiful, I was laying in a meadow just outside of Ponyville. My back was wet from laying in the grass, and I was comfortable, even as cold as it was. I was keeping myself warm by glowing lightly, doing so also kept all the bugs away. I was pleased, alone, no ponies, by myself, and ready to sleep.
I can sleep here, right here. A meadow in the middle of nowhere suits me just fine. As long as nopony bothers me, I can sleep here. Sleep, that's what I need.
I yawned and stretched my arms out before rolling onto my side and putting my shoulder under my head. Heavenly. I couldn't feel any better. I closed my eyes and began to think, letting my mind run aloof.
'Lyra, she's quite the odd pony...' Echoed in the walls of my mind, 'I think... I might need you too...' Began bouncing around in my mind. 'I love you...' 'Because... She did this out of love.' All the things I said, all the love I have, all the craziness, all of it began racing through my mind.
Twilight, the beautiful intellect that can't be rivaled by any other mind in Equestria. She stole my heart quickly, and lost it, then stole it again. She has something over me, something that makes me need her. Something deep inside tells me to be with her. But...
Lyra, the human-fascinated meat-eater that follows me through thick and thin. I can't get her out of my head, and I don't want her out of my head. Lately she really seems amazing. Beautiful even. But Lyra did tie me to a table... But that was out of love... But... Love isn't something I'm used to. Either way, I'm going to deal with it tomorrow morning.
Unconsciousness took me quickly and I took to it easily. Even in sleep, I could still feel the heat pouring off my body.

***

Lyra POV:

"So... Twilight... Garret loves you?" I asked quietly.
"Yeah, and I love him."
"But... Uh... What if... He loved me?"
"But he doesn't."
"But if he did?"
"Uh... I don't want to talk about this." She stared at me, her eyes narrow.
"Okay, let's keep..." I looked into the distance. There was a glowing patch of grass not far from where we were. I strolled toward it, and I knew what I was going to find.
Garret was lying in the grass, face down. He looked comfortable, so I just did the simplest thing possible. "Twilight!" I shouted.
"Find him?" She asked.
"Yeah, I did... But he's asleep."
"Good."
"Good?"
"Yeah, now I don't have to explain everything to him." She said as she lifted him onto her back with her magic. She began to trot away without another word.
"Okay... Bye?" I mumbled as I turned away.
I went back to my house, the one place I was accepted. Lately though, I have had... Cravings... Meat... Just keeps calling to me.
I began crying. Even Twilight hates me. Good, it's easier that way. O don't have to try and please her either. Only Garret matters anymore. I walked into my bedroom and lay in my bed. I buried my face in my pillow and let the emotions pour out. Why does everypony hate me? At least Garret might like me. Love is terrible, but he understands.

***

Twilight POV:

"Lyra foalnapped you once, I won't let it happen again. It's nothing against her, but I really don't like her." I spoke to Garret, who was sleeping on my back. "Even if she did manage to do it again, she would have half of Ponyville after her. I love you Garret." As if on command, he moaned and shifted slightly.
I slowly trotted back to the Library, hoping Lyra wasn't there. She wasn't, actually. Good, maybe we can get back to the party in peace.
Love, it drives me crazy. It drove me crazy. And now it's driving Lyra crazy. Fun. Always.

***

The next chapter is going to literally blow your mind, from start to finish. I have a concept I'm tossing for another story. Love you all :3

READ THIS! IT IS KINDA IMPORTANT! My own hell - Five Finger Death Punch. Crazy Twilight's theme now. Really creepy song, but it works for her. Garret's is definitely Simple Man - Lynard Skynard. Lyra? Why, It has to be... Say You'll Haunt Me - Stone Sour. Fluttershy is themeless, since her character isn't in the story much for the moment. Dash and Applejack share Home - Edward Sharpe. Oh and Seth's is Suicide and Redemption - Metallica. These songs follow the "flavor" of the characters.
Soundtrack anyone? Ask and you shall receive. I won't put one unless you ask though :P

Loves to all my Little Ones, especially Earthstar and Sharon (SHAIRAAAN!!! ((Like how Ozzy Ozbourne says it)) ) Leake.

This is LT signing off, until next time.