Far From Home (And No One to Turn To)

A//N: I know that Applejack has a southern accent. It really annoys me when I read these stories and everyone oversells Applejack's accent. We all know she talks with 'Mah, Ah, etc.' Why write it if we all know how she says it?

Twilight POV:

I was in the Library, reading a story when I heard a knock at the door. I opened the door.
"Fluttershy? What do you need?" She said bitterly.
"Well, I can't help but notice how sad you seem lately... Is there anything I can do help?"
"Well, yes there is!"
"What can I do?" She asked quietly.
"You need to get away from Garret..." I whispered.
"Oh no, I can't do that... If its alright with you, I want to stay with him."
"Do you see what you are doing to me? I need him!"
"But Twilight, I love him."
"So do I! You love every stallion within a hundred miles of here, find somepony else!"
"But I can't find somepony else!" She 'shouted' at me.
"Fluttershy, please just do this? For me? Please?"
She hesitated for quite some time, a few minutes and said, "... Okay Twilight, I can try... I will get Garret to love you, but only because I hate to see you sad..."
"Thank you... You don't know how much this means to me..."
She left without another word.

***

Garret POV:

I was laying face-down on the couch when I heard the door open. I didn't bother to look, I knew exactly who just came in, just by the sound of the door.
"Garret... I have to tell you something..." Fluttershy whispered.
"Yes?" I called to her.
"I think that we need to... Um..."
"We need to... Do what?"
"I can't love you... If that's okay?"
"What?" I whispered, shocked.
"With the way Twilight is over you, you need to go to her!" She 'yelled' at me.
"But I love you..."
"I love you too, but you need to understand what Twilight feels for you..."
"So you don't love me?"
"No... I do, but... I can't!"
"Okay, I hoped that this wouldn't happen... I ju-"
"Just please go to Twilight?"
"No."
"What?" She quickly responded.
"I will not!"
"Why not?"
"Because I love you, not her!" I got off the couch and began to run. I ran straight for the one quiet place. The Everfree Forest.
"Garret! I'm sorry... Don't leave... Go to her... She needs you..." Fluttershy's voice echoed in my ears.
Tears are running down my face. I am running fast, very fast. I managed to get about ten feet before I was interrupted.
"Hey, Hey! Where you going in such a hurry?" Dash called from behind me.
I didn't say anything. I just stopped running. Soon I was laying on my chest, face in the ground.
"Tell me what happened! Did you hurt her?" She shouted at me.
I was silent for a moment. "Truthfully she hurt me. I... Twilight... Her... Just... I don't know!"
"Did. You. Hurt. Her." She said slowly.
"No! I could never hurt her. She said she can't love me..."
"Oh... I... Garret..."
"Get off of me, and let me be!" I shouted.
"Okay, but I need to talk to you..."
"About?" I said as she got her hooves off my back.
"You know what I need to talk about..."
"Okay, tell me..."
"I... Talked to her last night..."
"Oh, what did she say?" I said as I stood up, dusting myself off. Maybe at least Dash can cheer me up.
"She said that she loves me. And then that's when it... Got strange..."
"What happened?"
"She said she loved me. Then she asked if we should date. Instead of answering her, I... Kinda made a mistake... In a way..."
"What did you do?"
"I... Kissed her..."
"What did she do?"
"She kept it. She accepted it. But... It just seems... Awkward..."
"Well, romance in general is, usually!"
"Really?"
"Me and Shy were nothing but awkward."
"I can see why!"
I laughed, "But never mind that! Are you and Applejack... A couple?"
"Y-Yeah... I think so, she said we are..."
"Good, glad I could help! Now let me be please?"
"Sure, but maybe you could do something for me?"
"What do you need?" Maybe I could have something to take my mind off of love for a moment.
"I need you to do Applejack's work for a day or two, so we can do something..."
"You want me to buck apples, at a time like this?"
"Yeah, I do! Is it a problem?"
"I guess not... Well... Can I get some help?"
"You got Big Mac..."
"Okay, I guess I can help..."
"Great, thanks!"
"How do you expect me to get there in time? I would have to start in just a few moments!"
"You do realize who you are talking to right now?" She laughed, "The fastest flier in all of Equestria!"
I groaned, "So you want to fly me there?"
"Yeah, it is the only way to get you there in time!"
I nodded. I decided it would be for the best.
"Well... How do you expect to fly me?"
"Two ways! Either with you on my back, or you underneath me, in my hooves."
"Option two please?"
"Sure!"
As soon as she said this, I was airborne. I screamed loudly, and flailed my legs. I could see all of Ponyville beneath me
"Hold on!" She shouted.
Soon, a gust of wind, and a large amount of force hit me. The light around us was amazing, and our speed doubled.
"Did you see that?" I yelled.
She laughed, "I did that!"
I just couldn't believe what had just happened. I got to watch a sonic rainboom, from inches away. Amazing... We reached our destination within a few minutes. I was dropped on the ground, feet first.
"Thanks for helping, I gotta go meet her!" She said as she flew away.
"No problem!"
I began looking for Macintosh. He was in the field, looking at me. I ran to him and said, "Well, hello! You must be Bic Macintosh?"
"Eeyup."
"Okay, you do know what's happening right?"
"Nope."
"I am replacing Applejack for the day. Can you show me what to do?"
"Eeyup." He droned and he kicked a tree.
"Well, apparently I cannot do that. Maybe I could try something else..." I looked at the tree, and then at my thin body. I looked at the tree again, and threw my leg against it.
I kicked it with the top of my foot, also known as a snap-kick. A shower of apples fell from the tree, and I looked at Big Mac.
"Did you see that?!" I shouted.
"Eeyup."
I ran to the next tree in the line, and threw my leg against it. Apples surrounded me, and the tree looked barren.
"Oh my..." Mac said.
"What?"
"How did you do that?"
"I just... Hit it..."
"Wow..."
"Yeah, do you want me to stop?"
"No. Do it!"
I walked to the next tree, kicked it, and repeated. Soon I had kicked Five, Ten, Fifteen, Twenty, Thirty, Fifty, Seventy-Five before I had collapsed.
"My legs..." I moaned from the ground.
I raised my head and I looked at the progress we had made. We had cleared an entire area, around three acres, by ourselves.
"Did I do good?" I whispered.
"Eeyup!"
I let out a hoarse breath. I stood up, and asked him a question.
"Can I get a ride back to the barn?"
He looked puzzled. "Hmm... What?" He cocked his head.
"Can you walk me back to the barn?"
"Eeyup."
I stumbled my way to him, and pulled myself onto his back. Never had I ridden a horse before. While I sat awkwardly on his back, he walked back to the barn. This was quite a strange thing to do, sitting on a sentient being.
"Would it be okay if I stayed here for the night?"
"Eeyup."
"Okay, thanks."
"Eeyup."
"You don't like to talk much do you?"
"Nope."
"Okay."
We got quiet after that. Once we had reached the barn, I slid off his back and stumbled into the living room of their home. Maybe if I play my cards right, I could live here a few days. I still need a home, I cannot go back to Fluttershy.
I knocked on the door, and Apple Bloom answered the door.
"Woah! What are you?"
"A human, and Big Mac said I could stay here for a couple days."
"O...kay, come in."
I walked into the house. "I take it you are one of the Cutie Mark Crusaders?"
"How did you know? Are you psychic?"
"Ha, no. Twilight told me about you."
"Where is Twilight lately? I haven't got to see her in a while."
"Well, she is having some problems right now..." I said, as I lay on one of the couches in the living room.
Let me explain the living room really quickly. They had one couch, a love seat, two chairs, and a table. All were set up in a circle around the table.
I lay on the love seat. The moment my back hit the seat, four little hooves pressed into my chest.
"Where do you live? What's your name? Whats your cutie mark? How did you get here?"
"Here, Garret, You'll have to look, and Celestia."
"Lemme see!"
"It's on the side of the pants..." I mumbled.
She stooped over for a moment. "Woah! What does it mean?"
"I was told by Celestia that it means that I would rise up and fight against the darkness."
"That's amazing! Do you love anyone? How do you know Applejack? How old are you? And... Um... What... are you?"
"I loved someone, and she didn't love me... But I love someone else too, but I'm just confused right now. I met Applejack on my first day here. I am fifteen, and I am a human..."
"Cool! I don't mean to be rude... But um... Who did you love? Was it somepony I know?"
"Yeah, it was Fluttershy, but Twilight, but... Dash and Applejack and... Discord... Home... Uh, Fluttershy, but Twilight... And I just don't even know how to explain it."
"Are you saying you loved Twilight, and Fluttershy? Then you decided to pick Fluttershy and Twilight didn't like it? Then Applejack and Rainbow Dash are trying to mend everything?"
"Kinda." I had to lie about that last part, no way Apple Bloom needs to know.
"Okay!" She hopped off of my chest. She was actually quite small, and lightweight. She was about three feet tall, and about the size from my knees to my torso.
I fell asleep within moments. There was no way I could stay awake with my body so worn down. I hope nopony minds my being here.