2-3: The Great and Powerful Stallion-Thief

That Night:

The Depressive and Alone Trixie POV:

"Trixie, I barely even know you."
"But you could know me better!" I squealed. "You know how I am, it's like you knew before... You... Ever met me?"
He paused. "N-No, I really didn't."
"Okay, I believe you. But would you like to know me better?"
"Well of course, I do sleep in your house!" I joked.
"And in my bed."
"About that... I'm gonna sleep in the floor for now, I don't feel comfortable with it. I'm still hurt that Twilight left me."
"Well what better way to forget somepony than with somepony else?"
"That'd be true if it was normal, but she did kinda save my life."
"That you said you'd rather not have had happen." I giggled, which seems slightly morbid.
"I don't know, but I do love her, and not you. Really..."
"Well of course not! I don't love you either. That's the fun of it! Neither of us love the other, we're just happy." I giggled again.
He looked at me, "W-Wow, I never thought of it that way. Maybe... You know what. You wanna know what?"
"What?" My voice cracked.
"You just opened my eyes. You really did, made me see through a different light. I don't need her love. But I'm still bummed out."
I walked up to him, sat next to him on the floor. "Don't be... She's not the one for you."
"It's not that, it's that I was the one for her."
"W-What?" My voice was quiet, and high-pitched at this point.
"She told me that she got to make me a pegasus..."
"Ugh... She forced you to have those bulky wings?"
"Now hold on a second, watch this." He unfurled his right wing, the one I was slightly leaning on. He extended it fully, then wrapped me up under it, pulling me tight.
"Now tell me they're just bulky."
I blushed. "I was wrong, this is actually comfortable... Cozy, even."
"Exactly." His wing began moving, and I stopped him.
"Don't move it, it's warm. Please just... Leave it there?" I hate to sound like a beggar.
He smiled, "Of course Twilight... Anything for you."
"Uh... What?"
He was still smiling. "I said I'd do anything for you."
"Not that... What did you call me?"
"I called you Trixie."
"No, I don't believe you did."
"I think I did, its what I tried to say.." His wing was pulling me into his body, which was surprisingly warm. His whole body was radiating heat, making me sleepy.
"Garret, it's no big deal. It really isn't. We'll be fine. No big deal."
"O-Okay."
I scooted slightly, and lay my head on his shoulder. Why was he so warm? I'm used to my empty bed, by myself. This is heavenly, being able to lay next to someone else.
"Hey G-"I was asleep before I could finish the sentence.

***

Pinkie POV:

"I can understand the Trixie part... But why Garret?" I asked.
"To teach him a lesson."
"But I can't prank Garret. It's just impossible. I can't be mean to him! I could throw him a party though..."
"U-Um, that might work too, actually." A sinister smile cracked across Twilight's face.
"I-I guess I can get one started now."
"Yeah, doitdoitdoitdoit!"
"Oki Doki Loki." I closed the door and bounced away.
As soon as I had the door completely shut, my hair straightened out. "There's got to be more to it than this. There has to be something bad that's gonna happen. Is Garret gonna get hurt?"
My hair was in my way, covering my face.
"I can't hurt Garret, can I?" And a sinister smile hit my face, "Of course I can. Its who I am." I said as I gathered up supplies for a party. This will be my bestest party yet.

***

Garret POV:

"A party? Wanna go?" I asked Trixie, who was still groggy-eyed from waking up.
"I've never been one to be in the crowd."
"But you can call it our first date."
"Truly enough, it could be!" She nodded, "I can go."
"Alrighty then, I need to get ready." I said.
"What could you possibly do to get ready?"
"You got a brush?"
She nodded, and magically moved it into my hair. "Let go. I'm gonna do it myself."
The brush clattered to the floor and I lifted it with my... Magic? And ran it through my hair. Straightening it all out and making it look nice.
"W-Wait... You have magic?"
"Nope. Just that, as far as we know all I have is weird levitation abilities. Strong ones too."
She nodded. It was like it was a shock to her.