Are You My Last Exit?

Inspiration seems to come at the weirdest times and sometimes even the worst.

I guess I'll just go with it this time though and write down what comes to mind first...

Before we go any further I need to get something off my chest.

So I'll write you a poem, as that's what I seem to do best.

I feel like I've given you the wrong impression, by the way I've behaved so far.

The truth is I'm shy and old-fashioned, but I'll rarely wish upon a star.

I want you to like me for who I really am: a nice and caring guy.

Not some wild, or crazy bad boy because that would be quite the lie.

Deep down I'm a hopeless romantic, even when I don't say that "I love you".

But I will remain loyal to what we have, so long as you like me too.

I thought our second chance to finally meet was enough to get a lasting spark,

But now I'm isolated by your busy life and I can't help feel like I'm on the ark.

I've been told patience is a virtue, but I think it's been hard-wired in.

I could wait until my hair turns gray, but then I'm not so sure I want to win.

You could save me from this redundant path and guide me with your smile.

You could be my last exit from the dating world, where everyone seems so vile.

As the ball settles on your side of the court, I look to you with puppy eyes.

In hopes that you will toss it back to me, minus any guilt or famous lies.