Danger Zone

"No one will ever hear you."  A voice in an endless black void. I tried getting up but I looked at my leg and was bleeding, It was way worse from the wound before. Meaning I could actually see the tissue and muscle in my leg. There is no where left to run, it was all over but I was fighting for my life. There was no one there but me and that taunting voice. "I'm gonna get you and I'm gonna kill you. You ruined my life. And now I'm taking yours." I started pulling myself across the concrete? There's a concrete floor in this void. I felt a metal rod that was coming from the floor. I grabbed it and tried to stand up. I was in so much pain. I laid against this metal bookshelf. I looked for a light source and I was getting wet. I found a flashlight and turned it on. I shined it on the floor and the water was around my waist. I shined the flashlight at the ceiling  and saw eyes and a mouth. "There is no escape." It said. I shined my light at it and it was my Dad. Why would my own Father want to hurt me? I looked for a way out but the water was too high. I was gasping for air and I wasn't on my feet. My Dad turned on the light above me and sang the hickory dickory dock nursery rhyme. My head was bobbing in and out of the water. "The mouse ran up the clock. The clock struck one." He said as he pointed to the clock and it was exactly one o'clock. Why is he doing this? "And the mouse was done." He said as my whole body was submerged in water. I tried to swim to the top and I banged my fist against the glass. I swam over to the left and banged my shoulder against glass. I was struggling to breathe. My body was shaking.

"Emma." Troy called. I gasped for air.

"OH.. MY.. GOD!" I said as I ran my finger through my hair.

"What happened? Are you ok?" He asked me.

"I had the weirdest nightmare just now."

"What was it about?" He asked.

"It was about my.."

"Hey my little mouse. I'm going to work. Troy." My Dad said as my face turned from horror to concern of my well-being.

"Hey." Troy said.

"What's wrong?" My Dad asked as he moved closer to me and lifted his hand I shifted uneasily and he looked worried. "Your pale." He said as he felt my forehead. "Your still hot. Emma what's wrong?"

"Well I had a dream that you... You died." I lied, but I had to keep my heart rate the same or he could tell.

"Well, I'm here and alive and remember. It was JUST a dream." He said as he walked out. I ran over to the window in the hallway and watched him get in the car. He drove off and Troy ran right up behind me and held me by my waist.

"Why do I get this feeling that your lying?" He asked.

"Troy, it was a nightmare. My own Dad drowned me in some sort of basement. I couldn't fight back because of my leg."

"Why you didn't just tell him the truth." He said.

"Because I didn't want to trigger him. My Dad as this sort of switch that he could flip anytime he wants. That switch allows him to drink when ever and give him the ability to never stop until he's fully watsed. I don't like him that way." I said as he hugged me.

"I know you don't. Thomas told me remember." He said.

"Oh, yeah I forgot. Once again I'm sorry for the way you found out."

"It's ok. I just want know one thing. Do you still have feelings for him?" He asked.

"No. I don't. What did he tell you."

"Nothing special." He said. I unwrapped his arms from around me and looked him in his eyes. I'm frustrated more than I should be.

"Troy, what the hell did he tell you." I said in a tone that made Troy very uneasy, I could tell because his hard blue eyes soften.