Winter Dance/ Carnival

Oh.My.God. Tomorrow I have the spring dance to go to. I might not even go. After all the sh*t that has happened, I have no time for a dance or finding a dress.

"Hey Em are you going to the dance?" Derek asked

"Most likely not."

"Anyway you would have fun. They went all out, well at least Caroline did and worked everyone to death. It a carnival and you could wear anything, but if you only came to dance the you have to dress up." Derek said

"OK, Thanks for the info bro." I said as he nodded and walked out.

I want to go, but knowing me I am gonna wanna dance, f**k, I have such a potty mouth brain, but do I care.... no, I'm not saying it.

The Next Day......

Ahh the light is good on skin, but I hate when it blinds the f**k out of you. Troy texted me

From: Troy

To: Emma

I got us two tickets to the dance. We aren't going all dressed up. I rather win stuff animals for you and ride a ferris wheel and go on a rollercoaster with you.

I love you

At least I don't have to find a dress. I have to get ready if I have to help Caroline. She is short one person.

Later at the school's field.....

Wow its awesome.

"Oh, Emma here is a bag of prizes. Put them in all the- " she said as I cut her off

"Yeah, all the booths that have no prizes."

I got to the sixth booth and it was weird. It said 'Welcome home Lieutenant Henderson' I frowned and felt a had on my shoulder. I turned around and saw my brother Carter. I hugged him and tears of joy came out. I was so happy.

"Did you miss me?" Carter asked

"Yeah."

I hugged,him not wanting to go back to the army.

"Hey I am gonna head home. OK?" He said

"OK." I said as he hugged me and kissed me on the head, then he left.

Later at 7:00....

Everything was done. My hair was in a ponytail. I saw Troy and smiled. He was coming closer. I grabbed his hand. He won me a giant teddy bear. It was basically bigger than me. We headed over to the ferris wheel and kissed at the top. I was so happy and we had so much fun.

At 9:00.......

"I had so much tonight and I had someone to introduce you too."

"I'm glad you had fun and who?" Troy asked and I smiled. I opened the door and Carter was watching t.v.

"Troy I want you to meet my big bro, by a day, Lieutenant Carter James Henderson." I said as they shook hands and Troy helped me upstairs with the teddy bear. I laid down and he laid next to me and reached for my hand.

"What are you thinking about?" He asked

"Life itself."

"Emma I want you to know that it would be a honor to have my heart broken by you and I fell in love with the way you fall asleep; slowly, then all at once." He said

"Have you been reading 'The Fault In Our Stars' by John Green?"

"Maybe." He said as I smiled.

"That's hot." I said as we sat up

"Yeah, I know how much you love that book.", He said as I hiccupped," You're hot when you hiccup." I kissed him and my body jolted up and down and he caressed my cheek. I put my head on his shoulder.

(song: Home by Philip Philips)

★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★

Hi, sorry for no recent updates, I have finals and I only have two more weeks of school. I can't wait to see TFIOS on Saturday. I read the book and cried. Then I gave it back to my cousin. Can't wait to get my own copy.