The First Punch [Ksimon]

JJ plans to drown his sorrows following a messy breakup with his girlfriend. After he goes out clubbing with the rest of the Sidemen, he drinks one too many and finds himself in a heated argument with his best friend who is only trying to look out for him.

Word Count: 2107 Words

~✖~

The Sidemen were at one of their favourite clubs in London and had decided to leave after Josh had had a little too much to drink. After hording the dark-haired boy into a taxi, Vik had sent Simon back into the club to go and fetch JJ. After his messy break up with Seana last week, JJ had plans to get full out wasted the moment they had stepped through the doors, and Simon hadn't seen him all night.

After searching the club, Simon had finally found the younger boy lip-locked with some blonde bimbo. Harry and Ethan were stood next to him, cheering him on, while Tobi was stood at the bar with Manny, taking it in turns to down shots. "Jide. JJ, come on, we're going." With a sigh, Simon had resorted to quite literally dragging JJ out of the door seeing as he was just ignoring Simon's words. He didn't do it out of jealousy; he was just looking out for his friend. 

"What the fuck are you doing?!" JJ shrieked, almost tripping over his own feet. "I was about to score, fuck off!"

Simon shook his head and lead JJ in the direction of the taxi. "Of course you were, man."

The tension in the air was so thick that it could probably have been cut with a knife. JJ was glaring at Simon who ignored him and resorted to gazing out of the window. Vik sighed knowingly, before wrapping an arm protectively around Josh's shoulders.

It wasn't the first time something like this had happened – JJ had gone out with Joe Wellar and Caspar Lee a few days ago and he ended up drunkenly calling Simon at the early hours in the morning to pick him up. Simon felt as if he had to protect JJ - being one of the oldest of the Sidemen, he had responsibilities. By the time the boys had arrived back at the Sidemen house, all hell broke loose.

"Fuck you Simon; you're always out to ruin my fun," JJ hissed after, with the help of a half-sober Vik who had just carried Josh inside, was hauled back into the house that four of the seven Sidemen shared in London. "All I wanted was one night, one night where I could let loose and forget about everything. Can't I even do that? You're such a selfish prick, fuck you."

Simon seethed at his words. He hadn't done anything wrong – he had been responsible and now he was being punished for it. It wasn't fair and Simon couldn't take it anymore. "So you would have rather I left you there swapping saliva with a different girl every five minutes? What would that have done for the group? You'd honestly risk our reputation just for your own needs?" Simon challenged.

"You watch your mouth, Simon," JJ warned, shaking a finger at him.

He didn't understand – Simon's mind was reeling at how unfair the whole situation was. "Well I'm sorry for caring, JJ! Josh was throwing up because he was so pissed; we had to bring him home. Would you have preferred that we'd left you there by yourself to stumble home in the early hours of the morning? You could have been mugged," his voice dropped to a whisper. "You could have been killed."

"Fuck, Simon. Why are you always doing this?!" JJ exclaimed with glossy eyes and the smell of alcohol still on his breath. "Just let me have a bit of fun. Just because you're older than me, doesn't mean you can boss me around."

The sound of Josh throwing up into the bucket Vik was holding reminded the boys of their presence. Vik's eyesight darted between the two feuding boys and he smiled sadly at Simon before turning back to Josh and rubbing his back.

Simon scoffed in disbelief. "You call that fun? You called getting wasted out of your mind fun? If you're going to do this every time you fancy a little bit of fun, you'll end up getting seriously ill – and I don't just mean the odd hangover. Haven't you ever heard of the dangers of alcohol? What about alcohol poisoning? Hasn't that ever crossed your mind?"