Golf [Calstar]

The only sort of golf Vik has ever played before is virtual golf on his computer. Simon invites him to Top Golf with Callux, Cal Freezy, Josh and Ethan and he doesn't want to look like an idiot in front of them.  When Cal notices how nervous he is, he teaches Vik how to swing the club and hit the ball. 

This One Shot is based on Simon's 'I AM TIGER WOODS!' Vlog from February. 

Word Count: 1632

~✖~

It was 8 o'clock on a Friday evening and Vik was bored. Okay, bored was a complete understatement. He had finished filming all of his videos for the day, and for the following day too. He was about to climb into bed and watch TV, when Simon burst into his bedroom, sporting a camera and beaming from ear to ear.

"Hey Vik!" Simon grinned, beaming from ear to ear. Vik raised an eyebrow. Simon barely ever Vlogged, what the hell was he doing? "D'ya wanna come to Top Golf with us?"

Vik sighed. He'd never played golf in his life. Ever. The only means of golf he had ever played was the 'Golf With Friends' game on his computer, which he often played with the rest of the Sidemen. He sucked at the game, so he had no idea how awful he would be playing actual, real-life golf. 

"Yeah, alright." He internally groaned. He really didn't want to go, but Simon looked so excited and Vik could never say no to that face.

"Great, we're meeting Ethan and the Cal's there, you've got ten minutes," Simon replied. He faced the camera again and continued his Vlog as he left Vik's bedroom. Vik heard him faintly as he spoke to the camera. "So today we're going to Top Golf, it's gonna be me, Josh, Vik, Ethan, Lux and Freezy and it's gonna be sick. Me and Josh..." as Simon went downstairs, Vik thinks, his voice faded out.

Ten minutes passed and Josh was driving to Top Golf. Simon was in the front seat, while Vik was sat in the back, playing Crossy Road on his phone. 

Simon was recording some footage of the road for his Vlog when suddenly they drove past a different Top Golf - they were meeting the others in the Top Golf nearer to the Stratford Halo. "We've just driven past a driving range, to go to a different driving range just so we can see the others," Simon explained as he filmed. "I hope they take, like, notice of that."

"It's not that far, stop moaning," Josh replied with a smirk.

"Oi. I'm cutting that out of my Vlog!" Simon shot back.

Not too long after, Josh was pulling into the Top Golf carpark. He reversed into a parking space and the boys climbed out of his car. "I haven't played golf in ages," Josh laughed after he locked his car.

"Same," Simon shrugged. "I haven't played in about 7 years, what about you Vik?"

Vik rolled his eyes. "I've like, uh. I've never played." It was dark outside, but Simon and Josh could see the blush tint his cheeks. He was clearly embarrassed. 

Simon swung his arm around the smaller boy's shoulders. "It's alright, bet you're still better than Ethan."

"Someone with no arms would be better at golf than Ethan," Josh added. Vik burst out in uncontrollable laughter.

"Is he really that bad?" Vik asked inbetween bouts of laughter.

Josh shrugged. "Let's just say that one time, he swung for the ball and let go of the golf club," he smirked at the memory. "At Top Golf, you've got the ground floor, which is level to the ground and the top floor, which is a lot higher up. We were on the top floor so he like, threw his golf club onto the turf below. It was so bloody funny, especially when the guy who worked there had to run out to get it, while dodging all the balls that people were hitting." With that, the three boys were laughing so much that they couldn't speak.