It's Always Been You [Zerkstar]

Vik has always had feelings for Josh, but would never risk their friendship and would always put the Sidemen first. Seeing Josh with a girl hurt his heart, yet he continued to fake a smile like he'd done since the day he'd met his best friend.

Word Count: 1829 Words

~✖~

After their VIP Meet and Greet in Manchester, the Sidemen had decided to stay in Manchester for a few days and take a long earned break from filming gaming videos. They were at Tunstall Beach, a few miles away from Manchester city centre.

"Come on, Josh!" Tobi exclaimed. "Get in!" Josh was sat on a towel beside the sea, Simon was vlogging, while Ethan, JJ, Harry, Tobi and Vik were messing around in the sea in an attempt to cool down against the surprisingly scorching British heat. Vik, who was having a contest with JJ to see who could hold their breath under the water for the longest, came up from under the water thinking that Josh was about to come into the water. He couldn't have been more wrong. He literally felt his heart sink when he saw that Josh was already occupied – flirting with some slut in a bikini which hardly covered her nipples.

Vik quickly ducked under the water again before anyone could notice the jealousy and hurt on his face. He'd be lying if he were to say he wasn't jealous, he wished he was the girl. He wished he was the one Josh was flirting with, grinding up to. He knows for a fact that Josh is the love of his life, he doesn't even attempt to deny it. Whenever he speaks to him, Vik ends up going all tingly and blushing which makes things a little awkward at times. Obviously Josh doesn't have the slightest idea about Vik's feelings towards him, and Vik vows that he never will. He'll never feel the same, he's straight for crying out loud. Vik's straight too, but it's just Josh. Josh makes him weak at the knees. He's not willing to let go of his best friend just because of a 'silly little crush'. Just a little crush, nothing more.

When he feels like his lungs are about to explode due to the lack of oxygen, Vik soon finds his head breaking the surface of the water once more. He sucked in a couple of desperate breaths, feeling uneasy at the sight of the girl sat on Josh's lap in the sand.

Harry waved at him to come over. Vik rolled his eyes, before making his way out of the sea and dragging his feet in the sand towards the group. He picked up a towel and wrapped it around himself, attempting to fix his gaze on anything but Josh. "There you are, we thought you'd drowned!" Simon exclaimed in delight.

Vik forced a smile in response, yet it didn't reach his eyes. "Thanks, man." Simon raised his eyebrows in confusion at Vik's deflated tone, yet didn't question it.

The girl on Josh's lap glared at Vik for interrupting her before continued to speak. "So...as I was saying, the lad came over to us and I said to him, 'I'll mash you up' and he ran off," she giggled to herself before continuing. "Turns out that a few days later, I found out that he was only following us because I'd snogged him in the bar a month before. I was drunk and didn't remember it, fuck, I didn't even remember what he looked like." The girl began to giggle again, her laugh making Vik sick to the stomach.

"SHIT GUYS, THERE'S A SNORLAX OVER THERE!" Harry exclaimed to the group. Harry, Simon and Ethan had leapt to their feet in a matter of seconds and were running over to the area on the beach where Harry claimed that a Snorlax had spawned.

Tobi raised his eyebrows when he saw that Vic didn't join them in catching the rare Pokemon, before he leant over and whispered in JJ's ear. Jide nodded in agreement to whatever Tobi had said to him, before the pair glanced uneasily at the girl sat with Josh. Vik was still refusing to look up from the sand, and was attempting to dig a hole with his hands.

"We're off to get some food," Tobi grinned. "You coming Vik?"

Vik shrugged. "Nah, not hungry mate."