Backflips [Minishaw]

Author's Notes: Hi everyone, it's currently 3am and I've been trying to fall asleep since 10 but I just can't so I decided to write a One Shot instead of lying in bed hating my life so here we go hope you like it!! 😃

Based on Harry's 'SIDEMEN TRAMPOLINE CHALLENGES' video. Harry tries to nail a backflip on the trampoline to impress Simon but ends up landing the flip wrong and hurting himself instead.

Word Count: 3569

~✖~

It was a Saturday morning and to say that Harry was excited would be a complete understatement. He was absolutely buzzing and could barely stand still as he impatiently waited for Ethan and Tobi. Well technically, he was just waiting for Ethan, who was taking far too long to get ready. The three Sidemen resided in the same block of apartments in Stratford, while the other four Sidemen lived in a house in London. 

Another five minutes passed and Harry groaned. "Ethan, hurry up!" he exclaimed, hammering on the door of the older boy's apartment. He heart shuffling from the other side of the door before Ethan flung the door open, almost hitting Harry in the face.

"Alright Harry, chill out," Ethan smirked, zipping up his jacket and slipping his iPhone into his pocket.

"We were supposed to leave half an hour ago," Harry shot back. "We don't even know where this place is."

Ethan shrugged. "They won't mind - and there's this amazing thing called technology," his words were laced with sarcasm, the smirk not once leaving his face."

"Cocky prick," Harry laughed, playfully nudging Ethan in the side.

"Alright guys?" Tobi approached the two boys, wearing a grey Sidemen hoodie and a black snapback. "The taxi is waiting outside. Should we get going?"

Ethan and Harry nodded and followed Tobi out of the apartment complex. The three boys climbed into the taxi and began to make their way to their destination, a trampoline park.

Harry pulled his camera out of his pocket and switched it on. "You Vlogging today?" Tobi asked, eyeing Harry's camera.

"Yeah I was planing to," Harry replied. "Gonna try and nail that backflip I've been trying to learn for ages. Got to film it or Josh won't believe it actually happened." Josh was Harry's little brother and was always teasing Harry because he couldn't do a backflip on the trampoline. 

He also secretly really wanted to perfect his backflip to impress Simon. Harry has always had a crush on the older boy, there was always mindless flirting between them, but Harry never knew how to get his attention and wasn't confident enough to make a move. When he found out that Josh and Simon had booked the trampoline park for most of the day, he was delighted. He knew that Simon was a huge fan of trampoline tricks and could almost effortlessly do a backflip, so he was confident that if he were to do a backflip, Simon would be so impressed.

"You have to get some footage of Josh bouncing on the trampolines," Ethan laughed, reminiscing about the time he last saw Josh on a trampoline. The rest of the Sidemen, apart from Ethan, who was filming and JJ, who was in LA promoting the Laid in America film at the time, were doing all of these fancy flips and jumps on the trampoline. And then you had Josh, whose best trampoline manoeuvre he had to offer was to jump, land on his bottom and then bounce back to his feet again.

Harry almost burst out laughing as he remembered Josh protesting that he had never been on a trampoline in his life, despite him being 23 years of age. Tobi was also grinning. "Poor Josh, man," he sighed.

About twenty minutes passed and the taxi pulled up to the trampoline park. Tobi paid the driver for his services and the three boys climbed out of the car. They were greeted by the other four Sidemen, who were stood outside the doors waiting for them.