Saving Simon [Minizerk]

The Sidemen have been noticing Simon becoming more distant and quiet and he begins displaying unexplained injuries. JJ thinks Josh is to blame for Simon's bruises, much to Josh's dismay. Josh becomes suspicious when his boyfriend's excuses become less convincing and follows him home one day.

Disclaimer: For the purpose of this One Shot, Simon has one younger sister (called Lily) instead of older brothers, as I thought it would fit with the plot better!

Warnings: Domestic Abuse, Violence, Homophobic Language

Word Count: 2684

~✖~

It's at Tobi's house one day after school when the boys first begin to notice that something is wrong with Simon. He's quiet, even more so than usual, which is concerning in itself and, as if that wasn't enough, his eyes are rimmed with red, as if he's been crying.

It's JJ that sees it first, a simple slide of a sleeve down Simon's wrist and a dark patch of blue and purple slips into view. The younger boy frowns, but chooses to say nothing and goes back to playing FIFA on Tobi's console with Harry, like nothing is wrong.

But when JJ has absolutely obliterated Harry and they've taken to the sofa as Ethan and Vik prepare to play, Simon's sleeve rides up even further without him noticing. JJ notes that the patch of color stretches and wraps around his tiny wrist, almost all the way.

Josh, however, sits perfectly content with his arm around the taller, light haired boy, apparently unaware of the bruising that stains his boyfriend. JJ just frowns, shakes his head and looks back at the TV, taking a long drink from the can of Pepsi in his hand.

~✖~

Simon shows up to Josh's house the following week for their weekly FIFA tournament, as the boys, minus Tobi, had decided to meet there due to Tobi being on holiday, sporting a really rather horrific black eye.

He manages to control himself for all of three seconds before he starts crying. Josh still seems worryingly unfazed by the whole situation, and so when Vik and Harry begin to fuss over the older boy and drags him off somewhere to calm down, JJ struggles terribly to contain his anger.

And so he marches towards Josh, twists his fingers in the front of the bearded boy's shirt and slams him back against the wall. Josh stares at him, eyes wide with fear, because when JJ gets angry, he also gets fucking terrifying.

"Jide, what are you -" Josh starts, but JJ cuts him off as he presses his knuckles into his chest, his eyes narrowed violently at him.

"Have you been hitting him? Are you the reason for all of his fucking bruises? Are you the reason he's crying? Are you? Answer me!" JJ finds himself becoming progressively more and more enraged at the older boy's silence, pressing harder and harder at his chest.

It takes the gentle sound of Simon pushing the door open for JJ to realise that, okay, maybe he shouldn't have done that, because Josh is nearly in tears, and he never lets his emotions show.

"JJ, what are you doing?" Simon asks, his voice wavering and barely there. JJ's eyes widen in realisation and he quickly releases Josh's shirt. The older boy slumps against the wall, his head hanging low as the tears finally start.

Simon stares at JJ, his eyes wide and horrified, because it's all too real and he can't bear the fact that they almost found out.

With that, he runs. Tears streaming and jacket sleeves tugged harshly over his hands, he pushes past Vik and Harry and out of the house, slamming the door closed after him. It might be bad at home, but thinking that they're worrying? The guilt is already too much.